PDA

View Full Version : Prop shaft Replacement on X-45 2006

goebelt
05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I have a bent prop shaft on my 2006 X-45. The end of the shaft (behind the prop) wabbles 70 - 80 thousandths per turn... is this too much?? I assume so??

I want to replace the prop shaft myself but am unsure how?? Does anyone have any step by step directions. I do not know how to uncouple nor what to do around the shaft log. I have a dripless shaft log. There must be some sort of bearing or bushing under the log?? and how to ya get at this as it is way under the engine??

thanks a mill in advance!!

Travis

NatesGr8
05-16-2012, 09:26 AM
yes that is too much, i personally wouldn't want anything greater than 2-3 thou. I believe to remove the shaft you need to loosen the nut thats at the front of the transmission. If you lift up your middle seat and look straight down you'll see it. I've never done one but have heard they're a pain.

goebelt
05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Hey man. Thanks. I got the shaft out and can see even better that it is bent. It was pretty easy tp get off. We made a gear puller out of flat metal and 2 bolts heated the coupler and it popped off. A bit sketchy heating it bc the fuel tank is right there!