PDA

View Full Version : Help with my 98 205 X-Star

herringtech
08-19-2005, 08:26 AM
I got this for a steal. The guy totally trashed it. That tower is some cheap "custom" tower he had built. He never removed it to cover up the boat. It sat outside for years. He had to replace the carpet to sell it, and I had to do about 40hrs. of work to get it where I wanted it. Mildew, and dirt was everywhere. It didn't look like a 98'.

This guy buffed the oxidized gelcoat and graphics with rubbing compound! I am still trying to get it back to normal.

Its kind of fun for me to do that. I like orphaned boats.

Anybody help me with a couple of things?

I want to replace the clock on the dash

New "X-Star" graphics

new skins for the observer and gunnels

some factory gelcoat patch kit. I am not sure what the factory colors were for this, I dont have the original bill of sale or manual.

Thanks guys

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Ok...

Clock: check eBay or a dealer
Upholestry: original contact a dealer (around $1K just for the skins)
Graphics: dealer or try MYMC.com
Gel Coat: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1113

herringtech
08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks BriEOD, very helpful

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Your welcome, good luck with your project and welcome to the board. You will find copious amounts of information on here or people that can point you in the right direction.

Leroy
08-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Great story! I love seeing someone bring a classic back to life!

herringtech
08-19-2005, 09:14 AM
BriEOD,
mymc.com is not a working web site. I have searched high and low.

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Sorry dude: http://mymastercraft.com/

east tx skier
08-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Welcome, herringtech. Brian's got you covered. Make sure to take lots of before shots. Did Farmer ever get rid of his clock from his 98. It'd probably be a perfect fit if he's still got it.

SKI*MC
08-19-2005, 03:37 PM
for any kind of decal, go to rambo marine, they have everything there, check there beofre anyplace, we found decals for our 83 S&S, good lucj with the restoration. www.rambomomarine.com

Danimal
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
You spelled the name wrong in your link:D

Go here http://www.rambomarine.com/

herringtech
08-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks, i will give them a call. I found a clock on ebay so I am getting there. I found the spectrum color site, but I do not know what color blue my boat is, nor the white inside. Any way to find out?

east tx skier
08-19-2005, 10:50 PM
On Monday, call MasterCraft in Vonore, TN. They will get you a part number on the gel coat. Have your Hull ID number handy. Then, call your dealer with that PN and they'll get you fixed up. If you don't have a local dealer, I'd suggest Rambo Marine.

By the way, factory gel coat is expensive expensive expensive.

herringtech
09-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I ordered the graphics from Rambo, I got the gel coat from Spectrum, I have some of the other parts needed to really fix her up nice. I will post pics when I am done.

Thanks to all for the help and advice, Water Ski Boat owners is truly a great community.

Best regards,
Mark

erkoehler
09-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Glad you are having fun with your project boat. Are you keeping that tower on it???

herringtech
09-26-2005, 11:50 PM
I am not, its not collapsible. If anyone wants it feel free to let me know.