PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issues I think??

goebelt
05-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Anyone have photos on how to align props shaft and strut. I read about it but do not understand how and where to use the feeler gauge and take the measurements. I have an x-45 2006.

Reason for me doing this is lots of vibration on acceleration and a prop hard to turn by hand

Can anyone help?

petermegan
05-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Just curious is the prop evenly tight as you turn it? Vibration sounds more like a damaged prop or bent shaft. If you slacken/remove the bolts on the coupling coming out of your transmission the gap must be even, checking with a feeler gauge.

Chrisoswald
05-14-2012, 10:02 AM
my prop was very difficult to turn by hand...no vibration but really hard to spin. turned out to be a bent strut..this thing was barely bent..when i say barely, we could not tell until it was off the boat.

FrankSchwab
05-14-2012, 12:48 PM
The procedure in the owners manual (using a feeler gauge to get within .0.003") won't resolve the "hard to turn" issue. For that, you'll need to follow the procedure in the document you can find in this thread (http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47153).

If you have significant vibration, this procedure probably won't help. I'd inspect the prop, looking for a bent blade.