PDA

View Full Version : Tie Down Bow Roller

Lucky26
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Has anyone had any issues with the tie down rollers on MC trailers. I have seen other trailers where the roller has broken allowing the metal on the roller bracket to contact the hull, these were not MC trailers however. If so, is there an upgrade roller that would prevent this?

Cloaked
05-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Never had an issue with this scenario. However, I can see it happening easier that one may give it thought. That would stink if the mounting bolt for the roller gave way and the metal bracket gouged right through the hull............two big ol' gashes right through the hull..... and the pain of lifting the boat off the bracket to repeat the motion while getting if off. Then panic and reality sets in... fiberglass experts are called out on an all-points-bulletin.... Thanks for the mention. Going to inspect mine before I trailer again.

You specified the tie-down roller.... I am thinking more about the bow roller on the trailer frame cross member, that is one tier back from the bow roller, down low..... Right through the hull... hit a bump or a pot hole and the bolt finally gives, allowing the boat to ride down on it hard. Several times or maybe a lot before one would realize it. .....

ricford
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Once the boat is fully on the trailer and the boat buddy is engaged the bottom roller doesn't touch the hull on mine. It only hits when loading and unloading.

Cloaked
05-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Once the boat is fully on the trailer and the boat buddy is engaged the bottom roller doesn't touch the hull on mine. It only hits when loading and unloading.
If it breaks..... That's all I'm saying.... Who cares about how it works in theory? Disater mode is what I'm talking about.. lol....

TWO BIG HUGE GOUGES IN THE HULL.... lol.... I trust a boat buddy like I trust the Commandar-in-Chief.... another large gouge....