PDA

View Full Version : Hot Sauce and Boat Bling GROUP BUY

TheWoons
05-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I have arranged a discount coupon code for Mastercraft owners and TT Members. It's a great offer and will resolve everyone's issues with shipping costs :) Everyone will order off the BoatBling website and pay BB direct with a coupon code that will need to be given in private message. This is to keep the main buyers members on this forum and MC owners since anyone can view this forum. The offer will be good for all the product on the BB website boatbling.net. The offer is good until May 25th and there is a min order of $44.95. If anyone wants in on this great offer PM me and I will give you details and the coupon code.

If someone thinks this forum group buy should be in the general section let me know and I can see about moving it.

BrianM
05-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Group buys are no longer allowed on this site. I imagine once a mod comes along this thread will be deleted.

TheWoons
05-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Even through the manufacture direct? Wasn't aware. I guess a mod can delete the thread. I can edit it but can't delete it. I also messaged a mod about it.

Heelgrad
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Group buys are no longer allowed on this site.

This is one of the more stupid rules on this forum. If a manufacturer/retailer is willing to offer his product at a discount to the folks on this site, why not allow him to do it?

TheWoons
05-11-2012, 08:51 PM
This is one of the more stupid rules on this forum. If a manufacturer/retailer is willing to offer his product at a discount to the folks on this site, why not allow him to do it?

I hope they do because it seems like there's a lot of interest for it here. I know they did group buys on the other manufacture forums and they were very successful. I will let everyone know what the moderators reply with.

Btw, nice new X45 Heelgrad :)

scharette
05-11-2012, 08:51 PM

I Agree!:popcorn::popcorn:

BrianM
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM
See this post. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=33545&postcount=1

MattsCraft
05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
That rule is from 2004, time to update the rules in my opinion; this "Group Buy" is generated by a member, not the manufacture of the product. The rule also mentions “Team MasterCraft” which is also defunct, even though I am wearing a Team MasterCraft shirt as I type this message, lol. :D

MattsCraft
05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
If "Group Buys" are not allowed, then is is not the same thing, a discount from a manufacture for TT members? http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46591

Sorry, really don't want to open a can of worms here, but seems to be the same thing???

TheWoons
05-12-2012, 12:47 PM
If "Group Buys" are not allowed, then is is not the same thing, a discount from a manufacture for TT members? http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46591

Sorry, really don't want to open a can of worms here, but seems to be the same thing???

Hmm :D Looks like another group buy. I can tell you the group by setup with Boat Bling for all the products on their site requires no minimum number of people and the coupon code will only be good until May 25th.

BrianM
05-12-2012, 06:12 PM
This one and the other are more of a discount code kind of deal as opposed to a true group buy. Maybe that is why it has been allowed to fly.. The no group buy message I linked to was the result of an extremely successful true group buy I arranged way back when.

TheWoons
05-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I would agree with you. A coupon code like this is just a discount offering with no set number of people that have to buy like a group buy situation.

JohnE
05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
This offer is (IMO) a manufacturer offering a discount to the forum members as opposed to a true group buy. A group buy would be a thread trying to get enough buyers to entice a company into offering a discount for volume purchased. Again, IMO the OP just chose the wrong wording of what is being offered.

TheWoons
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I edited the original post with a bit more info and changed the title. The title shows when looking at the thread but stil shows the wrong verbiage when looking at the appearance section

swatguy
05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Here's my take on group buy things.......

I could see if MC offered a direct competitive product to what someone wanted to offer a group buy for that they wouldn't want that on their forums. I understand that, but banning all is again going towards the we run it you don't like it f off ideology. When in turn without us the technically wouldn't exist. If we weren't here helping each other out, giving other people info on mc boats and products, promoting the brand and the site there may not be such a love for a boat with no network or following for its owners. So while MC may "run" the site we are the site and the reason people come here and keep coming back. MC isn't posting topics or posting replies to customers here. Answers are not coming directly from people out of corporate MC. I think its total bs on the no group buy stance for those reasons and some others.........again I could see if MC made a direct competing product but in most cases the don't. MC does't make everything for our boating needs, so getting all up in arms about something they can't make a dime on but another company can rubs me the wrong way especially when we are using to enhance and add to the performance or look or our MC boats.

BriEOD
05-13-2012, 10:54 AM
This one and the other are more of a discount code kind of deal as opposed to a true group buy. Maybe that is why it has been allowed to fly.. The no group buy message I linked to was the result of an extremely successful true group buy I arranged way back when.

I remember that, and all the ensuing drama...

TheWoons
05-13-2012, 01:03 PM
A lot of people aren't active on the forums so spread the word as this is a limited time discount. If you already have the code feel free to give it to other owners you think may be interested

SkiDog
05-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I remember that, and all the ensuing drama...

Drama, Here on TeamTalk!? You've GOT to be kidding me!:eek3::eek3::eek3:

east tx skier
05-13-2012, 09:16 PM
For those who weren't around when this rule came to be. The whole group buy thing stemmed from some folks (and possibly me) trying to get a group buy going on a product that was also offered by a manufacturing partner of MasterCraft. That partner didn't like that someone that didn't have that arrangement with MC was getting a free ride from some members on this forum in buying that manufacturer's product rather than the MC partner's product. So the rule became no group buys. And, yes, there was drama with a lot of us pretty irritated about the whole thing. But as time has gone no one has really worried about it. But if you want to take it up with MC, go for it. But complaining about it here probably won't accomplish that. You need to get in touch with someone that can actually change the corporate policy.

Good luck.

TheWoons
05-14-2012, 07:51 PM
About 25 people have the Coupon Code and as of today there was only one order. Let's take advantage of this discount :)

thelandmarkgrp
05-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey! We just bought our first family boat. 2001 skier we need to give her a good shine. We have 4 boys and are coupon crazy. Please send over the code and thanks for sharing.

MattsCraft
05-15-2012, 08:24 AM
My order is on it's way:D

dfski
05-15-2012, 07:07 PM
I just placed an order. Have never used it before so I'll see how it works. Thanks for putting this together, Ryan

DJ 50
05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
I placed my order the other day and it is on the way. I've never used the product so we will see how it works.

TheWoons
05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
You guys are welcome. Glad I could help. I started using the product a few weeks ago and it's the best stuff I've used and if you've seen pics of my boat you know how anal I am about the finish of the exterior/interior. Glad I could help Patrick too (owner of Boat Bling) being that he's a local business here in AZ.

Our 2012 X-25 which is a PITA to keep looking brand new because of the colors. This pic has no editing and you can see how mirror'd and perfect the finish is. I posted in another thread some pics of how we got it brand new from Mastercraft and how it looks now. Night and day. I was very unhappy with the overall finish inside and out when it was delivered but MC helped foot part of the bill for the detail work I had done so that was good on them. MC was very good to work with getting the boat in the proper condition it should be being brand new.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh295/RWoon/Lake/DSC_2313.jpg

bhasser
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Just ordered mine as well, thanks for putting this together. Honestly, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise as the freight was too high.

TheWoons
05-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Just ordered mine as well, thanks for putting this together. Honestly, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise as the freight was too high.

No prob. I'm glad people are happy with the deal!

bjames
05-16-2012, 06:13 PM
IMO, allowing group buys help promote a sense of comunity with its members.

park190
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Just placed my order as well, thanks! Am excited to try the "new to me" product and more importantly, see the results.:)

TheWoons
05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
IMO, allowing group buys help promote a sense of comunity with its members.

I agree and this coupon code is only active for another week. Hopefully people take advantage of it:D

mtajpa
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Could someone pm me the coupon code?

TheWoons
05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Coupon Code sent.

MASTIQUE
05-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I need the code too thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

TheWoons
05-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Mastique you just got it in PM :)

TheWoons
05-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Coupon code expires this week. Spread the word and if anyone needs the code shoot me a PM

Rukowh
05-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Could you send me the code?

TheWoons
05-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, you have it in PM :)

grimsweeper
05-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Please send me the code,which product(s) do you recommend?
Thanks

TheWoons
05-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Please send me the code,which product(s) do you recommend?
Thanks

You've got it in PM.

briggle2
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Still got a couple days left right? Can I get the code? How does the vinyl cleaner work? I've got some tough mold stains that "Turtle Wax Vinyl Cleaner" would not remove.

Thanks! Very sharp boat btw!

tideengineer
05-21-2012, 05:49 PM
send to me please

TheWoons
05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Sent to both of you guys!

grimsweeper
05-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks for code,order placed-will try it out next week for first trip to lake.

TheWoons
05-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Thanks for code,order placed-will try it out next week for first trip to lake.

Where in the SW are you and what lakes do you go to? You will like the product. I was pretty shocked how well it works. And I like that it doesn't strip off your wax and adds protective wax while wiping it down. Distilled water/vinegar strips off waxes.

DJ 50
05-22-2012, 04:11 AM
GOt my order in the mail the other day. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for hooking this up Woons.

bainez23
05-22-2012, 06:32 AM
send to me please!!!

Trig2275
05-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Send me the code please

HartlandX1
05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
code please

TheWoons
05-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Sent to all three of you.

Coupon code expires this Friday the 25!!! Spread the word :) As of today over 50 people have the code and only 9 have ordered.

LaRue
05-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Edit,........

park190
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Ours arrived today! Will try tomorrow and give my quick 2 cents!

TheWoons
05-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Ours arrived today! Will try tomorrow and give my quick 2 cents!

That was fast. I'm glad everyone is getting their product quickly. Let us know how you like it!

grimsweeper
05-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Located in San Antonio, TX. Have been using Babe's seat soap on upholstery, 303 on upholstery,plastic and gel coat; supposedly very good UV block.

tr6coug
05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Got mine after I returned from a 4 day wake boarding trip to Shasta. Boat is full of new water spots, so this will be a good test. I'll post a report when I try it out.

broncotw
05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey "Thewoons" can I please get the code????

Thanks

TheWoons
05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Broncotw- You've got it in PM.

Coupon code expires tomorrow! Over 50 people have the code and only 10 have placed orders. Hopefully everyone remembers before it's too late :)

JDC
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM
It's still Friday and the site says the coupon has expired. :(

TheWoons
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
It's still Friday and the site says the coupon has expired. :(

It's supposed to be live until Midnight tonight. Everyone is already gone over there right now. I'll see what happened.

tr6coug
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Tried out the "Hot Sauce" today. When I used it on some water spots that were over a good coat of wax, the Hot Sauce removed the spots. But... so does vinegar.

I tried it on some water spots that were on non-waxed gelcoat. Hot Sauce didn't touch them.

Anyone else have different results?

501s
05-26-2012, 04:14 AM
I find the products to be amazing. Used them for 5 years faithfully. I have never had water spots after using it and all my boats have been black with a color, no white.

swatguy
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Well I forgot how much this stuff takes the water spots off. I have been using Babes for a while now with vinegar and water for those tough spots as my local shop is a babes retailer.

The Hot Sauce for me after a day on the water works great with water spots. This past weekend my boat sat in,the water for 2 days in one of the muckiest lakes around and I hit it with the hot sauce and viola nothing left. It def gets the spots much better than the babes boat bright. I always had to use vinegar first for spots n then the boat bright. No longer the case with the Hot Sauc

TR,

vinegar is def stronger on old spots that have been there a while meaning a couple days in the sun with no wipe down. The main diff is that the vinegar strips the wax properties of your boat whereas the hot sauce adds to the wax. It's kind of a trade off.

I haven't had the chance to use the vinyl sauce yet. I still had some babes seat save r left. I am.curious on the dilution of 5-1 that Boat Bling says the Vinyl Sauce can do. Wonder if it still works and protects as good. I use it more as a "daily wipe down" cleaner than a tough soil spot cleaner so wondering if that 5-1 ratio is what would do best for me.

I dint think I can give up my totally awesome cleaner just yet for those tough spots on the vinyl.