PDA

View Full Version : GPS Perfect Pass Install

DoubleE7
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I was looking at upgrading my '05 X-45 with the GPS perfect pass unit. My boat currently has the cruise control set up so I'd have to put in the whole unit. Anyone have any experience in doing this? I was wondering how hard it is to do and if I could do it myself so I didn't have to pull my boat back to the city (2.5 hours one way). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

east tx skier
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
I was looking at upgrading my '05 X-45 with the GPS perfect pass unit. My boat currently has the cruise control set up so I'd have to put in the whole unit. Anyone have any experience in doing this? I was wondering how hard it is to do and if I could do it myself so I didn't have to pull my boat back to the city (2.5 hours one way). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

If you have an MCX in an 05, I presume it's drive by wire in 2005. If so, it's pretty much plug and play. Just plug the module into the box behind the kick panel, install the gauge and install the gps antennal. Shouldn't take 45 minutes.

Jeff d
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
45 mins is about right for DBW (as they call it. I prefer TBW) because it took me 1.5 hrs I do the traditional servo driven install and 1/2 of the time and most of the effort was dealing with the servo.

BTV
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Not sure if Nauticlogic.com makes a gps unit to replace the paddle wheel for your boat. I just got one from them for my 2009 X15. Great price, easy install and works great. Good luck!

AZX45OD
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM
I added Perfect Pass StarGazer edition to my 07 X30 last summer. It had the MCX with Throttle by wire (TBW). This made the install EXTREMELY quick and easy. Literally just plug and play. If yours is not TBW, could be a bit longer.

CantRepeat
05-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Check out these threads.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46598&highlight=perfect

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=41936&highlight=perfect

DoubleE7
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the links. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me purchase the perfect pass... That may be the hardest part of the install:D

mzimme
05-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the links. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me purchase the perfect pass... That may be the hardest part of the install:D

Buy it, and apologize later. Apologies are much easier than getting permission! :D