PDA

View Full Version : New Dimension Tower on 97 205

Stritt
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Completed the tower installation and modification to Bimini last night. I am impressed with Wayne and the product...After reading some concerns a few months back, I can tell you that we had the tower within 2 weeks of ordering, no problems no concerns.

We were concerned with it fitting in the garage, our door is a few inches less than 7' when open, fits just fine. I was also concerned that we may not be able to use the boom due to the mounting points....no problem there either.

Waiting on Speaker Cans and can call this project completed. After alot of planning, the installation took about 4 hours total. The measurements provided were spot on :D

gatorguy
05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Tower looks great! Nice job on the install. I have the same boat with a different tower, and have thought about pulling my tower and going on with one of these. I'll only do it though if I end up doing a total restore replacing vinyl/carpet and gelcoat work.

motorowlands
05-11-2012, 04:58 AM
I was looking at the Aerial Airborne and it was significantly cheaper, but the curve of the front support didn't look right. Also the fact that the tower folds in to the back of the boat was another reason I wanted an ND tower. Having to pull the boat out of the garage and put the tower up to work on the engine would be a PITA; it defeats the purpose of having a garage. There is also the difference in quality, fit and finish, with the ND being much higher.
Worked the numbers, came up with my tipping point $# and called Wayne to see if they had any package deals or specials going on. He told me they offer a 15% discount in the winter but would see what he could do. I went through the list of stuff I wanted; he worked the $#s and said how's x-$ to your door sound?

Nailed my number, done deal, should have it in 3wks.

So thanks Stritt, that's my exact same boat, no more waiting and wondering what my boats going to look like. And it looks great!

Double D
05-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Looks good!!! You picked the right tower for that boat! IMO

mikeg205
05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
on my list!... :) looks good... thanks.. for the pics

Drodey
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM
What brand is the Bimini?

Stritt
05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
We have been out the past 2 evenings, rock solid :).

The Bimini is the same one that we have been using. We decide to try and save some $ by making the existing Bimini work with the tower...I narrowed the top by cutting down the width and reassemble. We also did not want the Bimini to go over the tower.....that would have been about 6' 8" in height and would semi defeat the purpose for shade....plus we like the aesthetic value of a lower Bimini to break the height of the tower. Finally on the days we take out a tube it provides a space to store the tube between the tower top and the bimini. The Bimini is 5' 4" in height and will fold back to rear legs for those days we don't need it (which is rare down here). I bought some Bimini clamps off eBay for $38 per set....so ended up with about $80 versus the cost of a new top.

In case anyone noticed the Flight clip board racks.....I went through our attic searching for lost treasures and found these from our old boat...Our old neighbor was a engineer for Correct Craft and gave me these, I think it was his way of feeling good while on our old MasterCraft ;). Using the holes in the plate they mounted right up and will hold the wakeboard and surfboard.

We also saved some money by buying empty cans from Bullet Lines and some Polk 651um off eBay. About $280 for tower speaker set up.....we aren't interested in hearing music while boarding so the Polk work just fine for our needs.

TOO-TALL
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
That looks great.I love how that tower flows with the windsheild.......I can't stand the look of the power tower!