PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Very Inconsistent

j4rowell
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I did a search... not much specifically to this.

I have an 09 x2. Both while surfing and wakeboarding, perfect pass will often just increase. Sometimes its gradual to the point where we don't realize it untill we loose the surfer, and sometimes its just WOT and were pulling the wakeboarder at 29mph.

Any suggestions? The prop is dinged up but I am having it refinished. That really shouldn't be the issue anyway, seeing the paddles are located before the prop... correct?

willyt
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Nope, a dinged prop will affect PP. I think you have the normal DBW paddle wheel version since its a 2009. If you notice PP is holding speed above what you want I would try to adjust some settings, your KDW (throttle pull rate) might be too high and you might want to bump your NN up. Your CS (how soon and aggressively PP engages, dubbed the "YEAH!" setting by me) might be too high as well. I would grab some users PP settings here that have similar ballast setups and see if they work. If not, you might have a software/calibration/hardware issue.

MattsCraft
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
See this post
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=Perfect+Pass (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47298&highlight=Perfect+Pass)

Manual for your PP year is attached in the post from me. Prop ding should have little to no effect, sounds like the paddle wheel is getting stuck or not spinning freely. Mine did hang up once with a weed or something but I lost the speedo, PP etc. too, swam under the boat, spun it a few times and all has been good. If you pull the rear seats and tranny access board, your paddle wheel, transducer etc. will be to your right just in front of the transmission, this way you know where to look on the bottom of the boat to check if the paddle spins freely.

I have an '09 X2 - Run Stock Plus 2-400# rears - What setting are you using for Wakeboarding?
RPM, Slalom, Wakeboard - You should use Wakboard for wakeboarding & Surfing.

My settings - Holds real well within + - .5 to .7 MPH wakbaording and dead on for surfing.

KDW - 240
NN - 70
CS - 770

jab
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I had this problem it was caused by a bad ground connection. There were some loose screws in the ground block under the dash.