PDA

View Full Version : Where do you mount your mirror?

AZX45OD
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Here is a question to all of you boat owners who have the new 2-point towers, or no tower at all. Where are you mounting your mirrors on the windshield. I put mine on the driver's window just to the left (just before the walk-thru), but I find it is blocking my straight ahead view.

Is the best option to just put it on the center piece of the windshield that folds open for the walk-thru?

I can post a pic tonight.

bjames
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I mount mine direclty in front of me, but my mirror bracket holds the mirror about 5" above the windsheild.

I have see others that mount to the center walkthru window, that way its out of the way and gives you a more unobstructed view back.

76S&S
05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
In front of me. I don't like it on the center walkthru, as I usually leave it open in the summer months and closed in the spring/fall.

trickskier
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
The best place is on the tower - It gets it up high and out of the way.

AZX45OD
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I mount mine direclty in front of me, but my mirror bracket holds the mirror about 5" above the windsheild.

I have see others that mount to the center walkthru window, that way its out of the way and gives you a more unobstructed view back.

It sounds like I need a different mount that would lift my mirror up another 5-6 inches. Mine is just above the windshield line. Maybe I can order a longer arm for the mirror mount...

AZX45OD
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
The best place is on the tower - It gets it up high and out of the way.

Yeah, it worked great on my 4-point tower, but with the 2 -point tower this is not an option

trickskier
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah, it worked great on my 4-point tower, but with the 2 -point tower this is not an option

I thought they had a tower mirror bracket for the 2-point tower?

AZX45OD
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Maybe so. I assumed it wouldn't work with the power tower. I'll have to look into that too.

bcd
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Here's the 2012 factory mirror mount and location, or at least where my dealer mounted it. They said they were redesigning the mirror mount when I received my boat last fall, so the dealer installed it this spring.

76S&S
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Here's the 2012 factory mirror mount and location, or at least where my dealer mounted it. They said they were redesigning the mirror mount when I received my boat last fall, so the dealer installed it this spring.

Sorry, but that's just fugly. Then again, you know what they say about opinions...:D

coz
05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Here is a question to all of you boat owners who have the new 2-point towers, or no tower at all. Where are you mounting your mirrors on the windshield. I put mine on the driver's window just to the left (just before the walk-thru), but I find it is blocking my straight ahead view.

Is the best option to just put it on the center piece of the windshield that folds open for the walk-thru?

I can post a pic tonight.

Put it on the observers side and it won't block anyone's view. I can see wake to wake from that position.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/m2.jpg

AZX45OD
05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Put it on the observers side and it won't block anyone's view. I can see wake to wake from that position.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/m2.jpg

Sounds like a great way to go. Thx.

bjames
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
This is where I got my mirror bracket from.

http://www.ptmedge.com/

It camps anywhere on your windsheild and also locks in the up or down position, so no need to remove it when you cover the boat.

Quinten
05-18-2012, 05:09 AM

Our is mounted more to the left, just near the walk thru.

Lucky26
05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
The guys at the shop asked me where I wanted mine mounted. I said I didnt know , so I asked them where was the best place in their opinion. They said on the fold out part of windshield , it looks and works great there.

malibu-dale
05-18-2012, 07:41 AM

It camps anywhere on your windsheild and also locks in the up or down position, so no need to remove it when you cover the boat.

I also have one like this. These are the way to go! No drilling holes in your windshield frame,,just clamps on. Tips down for towing or covering.

tph
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
No tower..I made a mount for the windshield corner. Works great.

bjames
05-18-2012, 11:07 AM

:confused:Im looking at your photo and cant tell, but it looks like they welded the mirror mount to your window frame, what is that silvery bumpy stuff above the blavk mount?

AZX45OD
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM

bjames

Did you just order a mount from them and use the mirror that came with your boat? They look beautiful, but a bit pricey....says the guy who just bought a 100K + boat:D:D

bjames
05-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Yes, I already have a Roswell mirror (same one Nautique uses) and like it. It has the ball type (CIPA i think) mount. Its pricey, but honestly there are very few mounts out there. Assuming your boat is a 2012, the bracket you need is the one that fits the Pacific Coast Marine Products windsheild frame. Model ZXR-220 (for the ball mount mirror). They are really good to deal with. :)

Nick911
06-02-2012, 03:14 PM
So are you using the factory mirror on that bracket or your Roswell one?

LouisvilleFan
07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd like to buy a tower mount mirror for my 07 X1, where should I buy? I have the factory one but don't like the obstructed view...