PDA

View Full Version : Walk Through Windshield Gap

AZX9
05-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Ok, I know someone has figured out the fix for this issue. Seams like on every boat I've owned the gap when its new is nice and tight. Give it a few seasons and the gap grows. Sometimes as is the case now it grows enough that when the waves are bad the window actually separates enough that the swing open section gets jamed between the end of the drivers side frame and the overhang lip on the middle section. Attached is a photo of mine one day later. Seams like the gap grows when the boat is on the water and then returns to the distance seen in this photo after its back on the trailer. I tried loosening all the screws at the base of the windshield but could not get it to budge to close the gap. It almost seams as though it expands when the boat is off the trailer. On a side note. Where is the best place to get that foam rubber gasket on the lip edge?

east tx skier
05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Go under the windshield and loosen the nuts on the windshield bolts. Then give the walkthrough piece a good yank or two to get it back into place. Once it's back together, get one person top side to hold the bolts with a screw driver (you have to remove the gasket around the bottom of the windshield) while you tighten the nuts back down.

AZX9
05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
If I understand you correctly, there is more holding the windshield down than the tork screws under the gasket at the base? Where are the bolts you speak of?

east tx skier
05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
My old windshield was thru-bolted. So in my case, the "screws" had nuts on them. Climb under the dash or look under the observer seat. Things may have changed.

My dealer told me to look the other way and gave mine a serious yank once. Fixed it right up. They're pretty tough, even though they sag a bit.