PDA

View Full Version : B Day Wish from TT ADMIN MY RANT!!!

Jim@BAWS
05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Will the new Mr Page please indentify himself!!!

I just recieved 10 emails from the an ADMIN from TT on my B day. I wonder if it is a mistake

Jim@BAWS,

I'm sorry, but the ad you submitted to Team MasterCraft, titled
"DASH PANEL for 96 PROSTAR series", has been deleted. Some reasons for ad deletions include:

- Ads that were partially uploaded/incomplete
- Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself)
- Ads that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines such as offensive
- Ads which were not paid for after submission

If you would like to submit another ad, please return to our ad upload form:

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/uploadproduct.php

Thanks,

The Team MasterCraft Team
http://www.mastercraft.com

I have never not let it be known that my purpose here is somewhat different the the fellow enthusiast...I am here to help owners, get them what they need, at somepoint more times than others get them parts and pieces that are no longer avail from MC.

I highly dought if it is the guys up at the factory digging through folks ads determining if the ads are legit or not...mine are current and upto date

At least inform some of us of your plans or your wants and needs.

Some folks PM and ask WHY...Why don't you contribute anymore...

Well today is a PRIME example of POWER GONE WILD!!!

Thanks for reading my rant...10 emails just now!!!

Jim@BAWS

pmkkdx
05-07-2012, 07:12 PM
wow! hopefully there will be some reasonable explanation on this. Jim, you always seem to be very well versed and attempting to help all those in need on here.

bobx1
05-07-2012, 07:14 PM
First of all, happy Birthday Jim!

Many of us just received the email and this explains why:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47307

And yes, you are very valuable to this site and it is very much appreciated!

CruisinGA
05-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions!

Don't have a coronary on your birthday, Jim!

pmkkdx
05-07-2012, 07:18 PM
oh yeah, Happy Birthday Jim!

-V-
05-07-2012, 07:21 PM
happy birthday jim!!!

snork
05-07-2012, 07:22 PM
I just received an email about me selling a 2007 xstar and was removed for various reasons
must be an error or someone has hacked into the system

03 35th Anniversary
05-07-2012, 07:26 PM

I just recieved 10 emails from the an ADMIN from TT on my B day. I wonder if it is a mistake

Jim@BAWS,

I'm sorry, but the ad you submitted to Team MasterCraft, titled
"DASH PANEL for 96 PROSTAR series", has been deleted. Some reasons for ad deletions include:

- Ads that were partially uploaded/incomplete
- Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself)
- Ads that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines such as offensive
- Ads which were not paid for after submission

If you would like to submit another ad, please return to our ad upload form:

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/uploadproduct.php

Thanks,

The Team MasterCraft Team
http://www.mastercraft.com

I have never not let it be known that my purpose here is somewhat different the the fellow enthusiast...I am here to help owners, get them what they need, at somepoint more times than others get them parts and pieces that are no longer avail from MC.

I highly dought if it is the guys up at the factory digging through folks ads determining if the ads are legit or not...mine are current and upto date

At least inform some of us of your plans or your wants and needs.

Some folks PM and ask WHY...Why don't you contribute anymore...

Well today is a PRIME example of POWER GONE WILD!!!

Thanks for reading my rant...10 emails just now!!!

Jim@BAWS

That Sneaky Sodar....

Sorry Gentlemen (and Ladies in Peter's case)!

I went through and deleted all the ads that were older than 2012. If your stuff is still for sale, relist it!

I will be more proactive about cleaning it out in the future.

Sodar
05-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions!

Don't have a coronary on your birthday, Jim!

X2.

And Jim, if you want to call me the next Harold Page, give me a call. I would love to give you my perspective. 562-857-1912

CantRepeat
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM

That's pretty harsh.

As was requested by users, ads older then 90s were removed.

Give them what they ask for complain, don't give them what they ask for complain.

Jim@BAWS
05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
X2.

And Jim, if you want to call me the next Harold Page, give me a call. I would love to give you my perspective. 562-857-1912

Right back at ya CAM...My # has always been listed and my email
You could have asked..All my items for sale where and are still avail
There is a box that is checked for NO EXPERATION DATE when the ads are listed

Let me manage my own ads THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!That's pretty harsh.

As was requested by users, ads older then 90s were removed.

Give them what they ask for complain, don't give them what they ask for complain.

SkiDog
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Right back at ya CAM...My # has always been listed and my email
You could have asked..All my items for sale where and are still avail
There is a box that is checked for NO EXPERATION DATE when the ads are listed

Let me manage my own ads THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!

I got no dog in this fight, BUT, if the ads were still good, then why in the hell were they taken down? Maybe just a mass clean out BEFORE looking to see if they were still current.:( Its happened here before. And Sodar, I don't think Jims comment was directed at you. IMO, more dealers should participate here, but I can certainly see why they don't.

Slinkyredfoot
05-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Darn liberals, always trying to stir the pot right before the primaries.

Happy Birthday Jim :D

coz
05-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Happy b-day Jim, hope you're having a nice day :D

I appreciate what you and your team do here and I'd use you if you were 2500 miles closer :headbang:

SkiDog
05-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Happy b-day Jim, hope you're having a nice day :D

I appreciate what you and your team do here and I'd use you if you were 2500 miles closer :headbang:

I just pulled my boat 250 miles to Jims place to have some service done on it. I trust NO ONE else.

Sodar
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I am really not getting into this. Jim, I'll forward the email telling me to do what I did... Your *******ness should be directed at the company that pays your bills each month. Go cut and paste the ads from your site back on here, shoot some more videos and get over it.

east tx skier
05-07-2012, 10:13 PM
What, only 10, Jim? And you call yourself a salesman?!?! ;)

Happy birthday.

p.s. Take better pictures 8p

Poke poke poke.

p.s.s. We all got them. Not one of mine was something that hadn't already been sold and labeled as sold. Sorry if it ends up being a bunch of stuff you have to relist.

p.s.s.s. What if it really was Harold. WOooooooohahahahahaha

p.s.s.s.s..s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s. :)

east tx skier
05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I just pulled my boat 250 miles to Jims place to have some service done on it. I trust NO ONE else.

I feel the same way about my local dealer. I strayed once when they were moving the dealership and couldn't get me in. Will never make that mistake again.

east tx skier
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I got no dog in this fight, BUT, if the ads were still good, then why in the hell were they taken down? Maybe just a mass clean out BEFORE looking to see if they were still current.:( Its happened here before. And Sodar, I don't think Jims comment was directed at you. IMO, more dealers should participate here, but I can certainly see why they don't.

That's all it was. There's another thread. Anything earlier than 2012 was cleaned out because people were complaining that it was too hard to weed through all the ancient stuff.

Example, even though listed as sold, I had an add deleted for a 93 Pro Star 205. Now that's old. :rolleyes:

Thank you moderators for doing your otherwise thankless jobs.

SkiDog
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
What, only 10, Jim? And you call yourself a salesman?!?! ;)

Happy birthday.

p.s. Take better pictures 8p

Poke poke poke.

p.s.s. We all got them. Not one of mine was something that hadn't already been sold and labeled as sold. Sorry if it ends up being a bunch of stuff you have to relist.

p.s.s.s. What if it really was Harold. WOooooooohahahahahaha

p.s.s.s.s..s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s. :)

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I'll probably catch hell for that from the faithful. But this thread was getting entirely too serious.

mikeg205
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
+1 Good call east...

JLowder
05-08-2012, 01:16 AM
I am really surprised this thread wasn't already moved to the "Suggestions" area of the forum.:D:D:D

Sodar
05-08-2012, 01:19 AM
I am really surprised this thread wasn't already moved to the "Suggestions" area of the forum.:D:D:D

Done! Thanks for the suggestion! 8p

CantRepeat
05-08-2012, 09:00 AM

I don't have a dog in the hunt either. Sometimes I wonder why I agreed to try and help, but mostly because I saw flaws or issues that seemed that if we had more helpers it might make TT better and also support MC and their ideas of what THEY want their forum to be. What happens is a lot of users see we mods as bad guys when we are only doing what we've been told to do. Sometimes I don't agree with it but I do that behind closed doors.

I understand the issues when a mod starts to interject their ideas of what the forum should be. That case has been beat down enough and I agree, it's not MY forum so sticking to what I was ask to do and uphold the rules as outlined by MC is all I do.

With that it's FAQ time:

6. Promotion of Products/Services. In terms of whether a Team Talk member can use the board to sell new boats or other items, the answer is an unequivocal NO. There cannot be any public promotion of new boats or wakeboards or ropes or anything of the sort, especially by our dealers or partners. This board was never intended to become a sales floor.

However, this board is meant to gather information whether it be useful or otherwise. Sometimes people are looking for information about new boats or products and what they might cost.

All information concerning new products by a dealer or partner needs to be relayed via PM. If someone comes on the board and says they are interested in buying a boat, then any of these guys can PM them, assuming doing so doesn't violate any territory rules.

If any information or solicitation regarding these new boat transactions that is posted on the public side of the board (or the person to which the message is relayed quotes it publicly, the post will be deleted and a warning sent to the offending party. Repeated violation will be handled otherwise on a case-by-case basis.
This is probably the reason more dealers are not more involved with the site.

Sodar
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't have a dog in the hunt either. Sometimes I wonder why I agreed to try and help, but mostly because I saw flaws or issues that seemed that if we had more helpers it might make TT better and also support MC and their ideas of what THEY want their forum to be. What happens is a lot of users see we mods as bad guys when we are only doing what we've been told to do. Sometimes I don't agree with it but I do that behind closed doors.

I understand the issues when a mod starts to interject their ideas of what the forum should be. That case has been beat down enough and I agree, it's not MY forum so sticking to what I was ask to do and uphold the rules as outlined by MC is all I do.

With that it's FAQ time:

This is probably the reason more dealers are not more involved with the site.

I think we can pretty much say that this part of the guidelines is obsolete and out-of-date. Hell, Jim has been here doing just what was described above for years and has never had any repercussions. How am I supposed to punish anyone else?

In my opinion, this guideline needs to be revised. As far as I see it, as long as the sales thread is in the classifieds section, you can be all the plaid suited sales man you want to be.

CantRepeat
05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I think we can pretty much say that this part of the guidelines is obsolete and out-of-date. Hell, Jim has been here doing just what was described above for years and has never had any repercussions. How am I supposed to punish anyone else?

In my opinion, this guideline needs to be revised. As far as I see it, as long as the sales thread is in the classifieds section, you can be all the plaid suited sales man you want to be.

Profit!!! :D