PDA

View Full Version : X25 Water Leak?

Jonb1822
05-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm looking for some help guys. I have a 2011 X25 and after being on the lake for about 7 hours yesterday I noticed some water under the transmission. (where the dipstick is located) Now I have noticed water trickling out of the drive shaft seal underneath the boat when I pull it out of the water, but my dealer says this is normal. I soaked the water up today and it was around a liter. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

Jonb1822
05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I should add after running the boat for a few hours it was completely dry. The only thing done differently after that was filling the ballast tanks. Thanks

bjames
05-07-2012, 05:40 PM
I always get steaming hot water drainging from the shaft seal when I pull out of the water, its normal. As far was water in the bildge, it could be from a number of things.

- Water dripping from getting in/out of the lake and into the boat by walking over the transom.

- Hitting some good rollers and having water spray into the boat.\

- Leaking water connection (balast, water cooling, strainer ect).

- hole in the hull, dont laugh, this happened to my 2009 Moomba LSV. Found out that the factory accidentally drilled 2 mount holes for the cooling water pickup on the wrong side of the hull and didnt plug the holes. Yes this was a brand spaking new boat with 2 holes in the hull.

sand2snow22
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Water out of the shaft is normal. You probably have a water cooled shaft seal. Hook it up to a fake a lake and you will see it stream out!

GoneBoatN
05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I always get steaming hot water drainging from the shaft seal when I pull out of the water, its normal. As far was water in the bildge, it could be from a number of things.

- Water dripping from getting in/out of the lake and into the boat by walking over the transom.

- Hitting some good rollers and having water spray into the boat.\

- Leaking water connection (balast, water cooling, strainer ect).

- hole in the hull, dont laugh, this happened to my 2009 Moomba LSV. Found out that the factory accidentally drilled 2 mount holes for the cooling water pickup on the wrong side of the hull and didnt plug the holes. Yes this was a brand spaking new boat with 2 holes in the hull.

Could also be as simple as the o-ring on your plug(s).

Jonb1822
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks for your replies. It's probably me worrying too much. :). I'm gonna watch it and reply back if I find anything.