PDA

View Full Version : What do you like best about your Mastercraft?

RobertT
08-18-2005, 10:30 AM
A site such as this will inevitably be the airing out place of problems, lets change the tone back to what it should be.

So, what are the things you like best about your boat? When you go out on another manufacturers boat, what are the things you miss/notice?

I guess a few swimsuit shots wouldn't hurt either :banana:

Tom023
08-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Solid, quiet with no rattles or vibrations.

RobertT
08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
The crazy looking/feeling vinyl they use as accents. It clearly costs them a fortune, but it adds a lot of class. Nobody else has it, and it just looks awesome when you wipe it down with 303. When I see it shine, I know my boat is perfect again.

I like that.

Cary K.
The incredible wake !!!

BriEOD
The Babes...

erkoehler
08-18-2005, 10:40 AM
I like knowing that I can pull anyone on anything with the power behind my MC :D

tones03
08-18-2005, 10:40 AM
the exhaust note when i first start it up, it sounds really nice and powerful.

other boats, the speaker placements, cant hear the music when crusing and crumby skiing wakes. also dont look as good as MCs.

ski_king
08-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Having a 82 since new and it has been dependable and reliable.

MarkP
08-18-2005, 10:44 AM
I like that My Mastercraft has been Berry Berry Good to Me!

sizzler
08-18-2005, 10:47 AM
the fact that its a mastercraft says it all......

nuff said :D

Gofast
08-18-2005, 11:04 AM
The fact that it is paid for!

It starts everytime, It looks great, It say Corvette on the motor....

I could keep going and going. Maybe that's why I'm a second time Mastercraft owner.

Rob

peason
08-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Looks and power along with the quality construction.

phecksel
08-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Quality construction. Second MasterCraft and I'm still extremely pleased. Drove a 2005 Natique a friend bought, and it is also a very good boat, but not worth the price differential. Actually not worth any differential in price :)

Davo
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
My '02 X5 that I bought new has been good to me as well.

I sack it out and it still runs strong (Predator 310) and the hull and tranny have been solid for almost 460 hours thus far. The wake can't be compared to Cary's X-Star but it's super firm and has a decent amount of transition.

And lately I've been doing a little slalom and some footin' and the wake is phenomenal for that as you all know.

POWERSLOT - that's awesome you've owned that boat since '82. How many hours do you have?

JEREMY79
08-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Paid For

and it is 26 yrs old and can still turn heads.

BriEOD
08-18-2005, 11:37 AM
The fact that it is paid for!

AMEN BROTHER!!

MarkP
08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I wish my boat was 2 years old and NOT paid for

Kevin 89MC
08-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I love that my '89 PS has (so far) required nothing but regular maintenance. The boat has lived a hard life, and has really stood up very well. The wake is great too.
Kevin

PendO
08-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Love the fit and finish of the ZeroFlex towers and the way the speakers mount up ... also, I like the pickled fork as it makes the boat larger, but smaller (you know what I mean) ... plus, I like the ladder off the front of the boat.

Crash
08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
When you turn the key...IT STARTS, ALWAYS.

When you push the throttle...HOLE SHOT, IMMEDIATELY.

When you turn the wheel...IT REACTS, "ON A DIME".

When you get it home...NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, BUT TLC ALWAYS GIVEN.

When you ski/board/foot you work harder...'CAUSE YOUR PULLED BY THE BEST.

When you turn heads...'CAUSE ITS A MC.

Danimal
08-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I look great driving mine :D

BigBarney
08-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Looks & performance are a given. But my #1 one reason why I love my Mastercraft is that it is made in AMERICA - even better in TENNESSEE!!!! How many things that you own can you honestly say - this is the best of its kind and it is good old red, white, and blue.

erkoehler
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Looks & performance are a given. But my #1 one reason why I love my Mastercraft is that it is made in AMERICA - even better in TENNESSEE!!!! How many things that you own can you honestly say - this is the best of its kind and it is good old red, white, and blue.

Good call!!!

I love my power turns too :headbang:

Maristar210
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Made In America, Rock Solid Ride, Extremely Reliable, Great Wake :woohoo:

I love it.

Steve

erkoehler
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I love being able to be on this board and have a MC also :D

RobertT
08-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I loooovvvvee getting in another boat. Its rare for me to not feel buyers remorse at times, but never once with my boat. I get into a Centurion, Malibu, or any other boat and I always just smile knowing I made the right choice.

In life, it is hard to buy the best. Cars....forgetaboutit. How many of us want or can plop a million or more on the finest car out there. It is impossible to own the best car, best house, best computer, hell even the best shoes. Even if you are a multi-multi millionaire you cant truly have the best.....

Except boats.

I truly believe that I have the finest ski boat in the world. There is no better manufacturer for my needs. That is very rare, I like it!

Diesel
08-18-2005, 01:09 PM
My dealer.................

and, resale value.

Zach S
08-18-2005, 01:11 PM
People looking past the $100K+ boats to get a good look at the Stars and Stripes.

Rockman
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Being able to pull 3 long line barefoooters all doing front tow holds and still have power to spare.

Styling is a close second... :D

Rockman
08-18-2005, 01:19 PM
the fact that its a mastercraft says it all......

nuff said :D

I agree 100%. When you have a MasterCraft, please always kinda stop and look at the boat or come over to talk, ask questions, etc.

Rarely happens that I will go over to another non-MasterCraft boat and start up a conversation...unless there are opportunities for additions to the swimsuit thread! :D

captkidd
08-18-2005, 02:45 PM
It's a class act. Even though it's almost 12 years old now, people still comment on how good it looks, and some even think it's new. Even though it doesn't have a tower or fancy graphics, the design has held up well and will probably never look out of place.

I remember how proud I was when I first bought it because there weren't a lot of inboard ski boats on the lake we went to (a lot more now). It really turned a lot of heads back then, and still turns a few every now and then.

RobertT
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Just looks friggin sexy! Looks like it wants to go...all the time.

erkoehler
08-18-2005, 03:51 PM

I can honestly say I have never heard someone refer to their boat as sexy.... :noface:

Danimal
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I can honestly say I have never heard someone refer to their boat as sexy.... :noface:

Well, aren't boats usually refered to in the feminine? (i.e. "she's" taking on water or "she" really scoots across the water.)

Personally I believe that we refer to them as "she" because they are high maintenance :uglyhamme

rodltg2
08-18-2005, 04:24 PM
robertt, i see that your bimini is mounted to the tower vs. the windshield frame. i installed mine on the frame as per directions and i cant open my observer seat all the way. 2 questions , can you open it all the way with yours tower mounted? and is it hard to drill into the tubing?

RobertT
08-18-2005, 04:26 PM
My boat is sexy! Why...well....

She is...

Easy to get into
Fast
Perfect curves
Gets wet easily
Soft in all the right places, yet firm where she needs to be
Loud in a good way when you get her wound up
Knows how to bounce through the rough stuff
Nice tight white bottom, and if you flip her over the fun parts right in the middle. Get that motor runnin....

You get the point.

If that ain't sexy I don't know what is:)

RobertT
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
robertt, i see that your bimini is mounted to the tower vs. the windshield frame. i installed mine on the frame as per directions and i cant open my observer seat all the way. 2 questions , can you open it all the way with yours tower mounted? and is it hard to drill into the tubing?

My dealer put it on for me. I would say that its very easy to drill into the tower, and stronger as well.

I can open my observers seat with room to spare.

I can also easily see the skier in the mirror even if the seat is all the way back.

Its low enough to block all of the sun, yet tall enough not to be a pain.

In my opinion, its perfect on the tower....unless you have to lower your tower all the time. I had my lift canopy raised, so I never fold my tower.

erkoehler
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Well, when you put it that way.

RobertT
08-18-2005, 04:36 PM
By the way, with an allen wrench you can adjust the pitch of you bimini quite a bit, have you tried that? The front and rear upper support thingies have an allen screw that you can loosen it up and tip it forward.

AirJunky
08-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Great wake & it drives like it's on rails......

I have an 11 yr old boat. Ever try & do Around the Boat on a CC of the same vintage? Won't happen because they drive like a truck. MC of that era is unbeatable.

But I do believe that several manufacturers of these days are giving MC a damn good run for their money. Some that have caught my eye:
- Centaurian's Storm series compares very well to MC's X series
- The Malibu XTI interior layout
- The graphics in the gelcoat by Calabria & MB
- Titan towers flat outperform anything MC has tried (although their look & style is definitely of questionable taste).

RobertT
08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Great wake & it drives like it's on rails......

I have an 11 yr old boat. Ever try & do Around the Boat on a CC of the same vintage? Won't happen because they drive like a truck. MC of that era is unbeatable.

But I do believe that several manufacturers of these days are giving MC a damn good run for their money. Some that have caught my eye:
- Centaurian's Storm series compares very well to MC's X series
- The Malibu XTI interior layout
- The graphics in the gelcoat by Calabria & MB
- Titan towers flat outperform anything MC has tried (although their look & style is definitely of questionable taste).

I don't know. I ride in a Centurion a few times a month, and its definitely a price point boat. Same general features, but its not even in the same ballpark as far as fit/finish/power/quality goes.

I also like the XTI interior layout, but their observers seats are angled way in and you cannot fit three across in any way. Plus, my knees hit the dash on that boat.

Graphics in the gelcoat are nice, but I prefer to be able to remove mine. My bro in law owns a company that makes custom graphics. In a few years, when I start getting sick of my boats looks, I can peel mine off an put on something totally different. Heck, if I want to, I can peel it off and get a black band for the rear 1/4th of my boat and make it look just like an 06 boat if I so desire. I am certain I will change things some day...so I actually think the stick on graphics are much better.

yes, the Malibu towers rock. I do like them much better.

Not knocking your points, but I do have differing opinions on those specific issues.

Ric
08-18-2005, 05:25 PM
My dealer put it on for me. I would say that its very easy to drill into the tower, and stronger as well.

I can open my observers seat with room to spare.

I can also easily see the skier in the mirror even if the seat is all the way back.

Its low enough to block all of the sun, yet tall enough not to be a pain.

In my opinion, its perfect on the tower....unless you have to lower your tower all the time. I had my lift canopy raised, so I never fold my tower.
Guys I mounted mine to the tower base so you can drop the tower without dropping the bimini which also means you can run the bimini with the tower removed as well. Food for thought... Let see if I have a pic here somewhere......

RobertT
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Now that I think about it...I think mine is too....

Ric
08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
ya the dealer typically mounted the front 2 points on each side to the tower base and the back point of the tower frame to vertical leg of the tower but when we discussed that I want the tower to be removeable, he agreed to mount all three on each side to the base
it took some finagling, but it worked out great

mcprostar197
08-18-2005, 06:10 PM

That says it all. When my dad and I bought ours, my dad's sister asked what was so appealing about the boat and one of the first answers was that it is a sexy boat.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
WOW, there are SO many good points here. I agree with them all! I cant pick one thing I like best, so I will list a few that I like most.

-It reeks of total quality. there isnt a better built ski boat out there.
-its Design is devoted entirely to skiing.
-ITs performance
-Classic styling, it always turns heads and gets long looks. The boat is sexy. I never thought a inanimate object could be considered "sexy", but these boats are. there is just something about them other boats dont have.....
-The name commands respect everywhere you go. Even most non skiers know what reputation the name carries with it. People respect it. My ski buddy told me not to name my boat when I got it, he said "You dont need anything else on the back of that boat, it already says it all, putting a name on this boat is pointless and will just mucky up the transom".

jpattigr
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Lets sum it up,

Best looking ski boat on the water, I owned a Nautique before this and folks always said nice boat, My MC gets Ohs and Ahhs, Awesome

LQ9, 385 Hp Powerslot- Fastest holeshot ever!! The boat hauls a**

Always starts, and performs better then I do!!

And Best of all, The smiles on my familys faces :) :) :)

bigmac
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I spent some time crawling around in the bilge of my new 04 230VRS after pulling the engine compartment walls from the two lateral rear storage spaces while installing a Perfect Pass unit. Unlike previous boats I've owned, I was extremely impressed with the logical and uncluttered layout of the engine and running gear components. Cables are all thoughtfully routed, everything is secured and solidly mounted. No protruding screw heads, nothing that appears to be "slapped together" as might be seen in some other high-end boats in the hidden areas where most users might rarely go. Those qualities bespeak a pride in the construction that isn't exactly typical from other boat manufacturers. That, and the fact that my dealer in Cross Lake, Minnesota is extremelty helpful and attentive convinces me that I couldn't have done any better in a boat selection.

Scot
08-19-2005, 11:19 AM
If you boil it all down, the Mastercraft is a triple threat to the competition...

Looks, Performance, and Payback!

BrianM
08-19-2005, 11:42 AM
-17 years later it still looks great and turns heads

-Skis Awsome

-The wake

-It's Paid For

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I took a friend out last night that's not real familiar with boating and he asked me what year the boat was. I said 87' and told me I was full of poop. :purplaugh

sbuell
08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Of all of the inboards on our lake it is definately the MCs that stand out. My '82 S&S still turns heads.

k2mc
08-19-2005, 01:16 PM
it drives like no other. my x-10 clearly outperforms a buddies wakesetter (although I do like the 'bu hinged pax seats).

My Dad thought I was crazy for shelling out the cash. Now he just raves about the fact that he has never driven a boat that ran so smoothly.

JEREMY79
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
I took a friend out last night that's not real familiar with boating and he asked me what year the boat was. I said 87' and told me I was full of poop. :purplaugh

people dont ever believe me when I tell them mine is a 79 either.

prostar205
08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
For me, the things I like the best are:

1) styling - both inside and out. The ergonomic of the interior is top shelf. The padding used on the seats and sunpad are twice as thick as other mfgs. I was on a Tige the other day and it felt like setting on concrete when I stepped on the sunpad - absolutely ZERO padding.

2) Resale - I purchased my second MC - a '95 PS205 brand new for $23K. Eight years later, I sold it for $21K. Not bad - I owe that all to the brand name.

3) The name says it all - QUALITY

shepherd
08-19-2005, 05:42 PM
-17 years later it still looks great and turns heads -- 15 years later for me

-Skis Awsome -- will pull anything

-The wake -- what wake???? slalom machine :headbang:

-It's Paid For -- probably the best part :toast: leaves money for gas, beer

Ditto here Brian!

SkiDog
08-19-2005, 05:43 PM
The Babes, The Bods, The Beers! And It's Name - ''the Extractor!"