PDA

View Full Version : The New Kid

milkmania
08-18-2005, 12:39 AM
what kind of shenanigans do you pull on the new kid at your workplace?

I remember working for a gel coat manufacturer.....
we'd send the new kid for a "drum stretcher"

the whole plant was onto it, and they'd just keep it going....

"I think I saw Tommy with the drum stretcher last"

"I think it may have been left in that loaded trailer in the parking lot, you'll have to go out there and look"
"you'll have to break the seal to get inside the trailer"
then the next guy would give them heck over breaking the trailer's seal:purplaugh

I was also working on a rock quarry's computer one time.....the new kid came in looking for "The Rock Stretcher":confused:

AirJunky
08-18-2005, 01:08 AM
What about the old kid?
Mike Murphy was at the NW Flyin last weekend & someone coated all his van door handles with peanut butter...... inside & out!
By the time Mike got in there & into bed, he had peanut butter all over his bed & hair!!

milkmania
08-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I about choked on juju bee:uglyhamme

redmike
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
when I was in the navy, had a few of them...get me a bucket of steam
get some relative bearing grease
etc too much time, too little to do

sizzler
08-18-2005, 03:33 AM
sending a trainee to the hardware shop for "sky-hooks".....tartan(plaid) paint........a long weight(wait...gedditt).......

Cary K.
08-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Board stretcher, metric adjustable wrench, 4' yard stick

Danimal
08-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Go grab me that left handed screw driver, or left handed hammer.

When I was a Printing Supervisor we would send kids looking for a bucket of half-ton dots or a printing plate stetcher or a pallet stretcher.

Hoff1
08-18-2005, 08:52 AM
What we used to do was around Thanksgiving time we would tell the new guys about the free turkey that our company gave out every year. Told them that it was at the receiving dock. Our factor is 600,000 sq ft, which means the front office about 1/8 mile from the receiving dock. The old timers in the factory have seen this going on for decades, so they would say tell the pups that this year you had to pick up the turkey on the shipping dock (another 1/8 mile walk). When they got there, guess what, they were told to go the receiving bay (not the receiving dock). All in all, it would always amount to a lot of walking and PO’ed new guys. One time, we had 3 guys go out walking for about 45 minutes, when the got back the had a round of applause from the 2nd floor office. Got to love hazing.

Zach S
08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
For the new guy on a construction crew. "Run out to the truck and grab a box of toe nails"

BradD
08-18-2005, 09:48 AM
When i was 16 working at a grocery store, newbie's were told to shake the salad dressings.
At a movie theater, they were sent the basement for a flashlight...there was no basement.

milkmania
08-18-2005, 09:57 AM
good times indeed:headbang:

can't wait to hear from the lawyer:purplaugh

Rockman
08-18-2005, 02:56 PM
When I was in public accounting and we were at a client's location, we would call some of the new staff back at the main office and tell them that we were out at a client and we ran out of paper. Could they fax some over to us asap? That actually work once.

Or, call the new staff and ask them to go down to the mailroom and ask the guys for a box of "tickmarks." You accounting people know what these are...

Or, call the new staff and ask them to go down to the mailroom and ask the guys for a box of "PAs." You accounting people know what these are...the rings you put aroung the holes in a paper in a binder...also known as "Paper a@@holes."

P-Rod
08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Construction Related: We used to send our apprentices out the the storage trailers for a few of the following:

1) Hey Buddy, I cut the beam too short, Go get the "Beam Stretchers" before the Foreman finds out.
2) We need the Sky Hook to hold the beams while they are being set.
3) We ran out of nails, go get a box of "Toe Nails"

ski_king
08-18-2005, 03:20 PM
When the new guy asked where the rest room was, I pointed out the door and told him the sign fell off.

Well the sign did fall of, it said Ladies.

Ron Grover
08-18-2005, 03:29 PM
When I worked construction when a jack hammer air hose would break we would send them for air hose tape.

Also pipefitters would send them then to teh trailer for a left-handed pipe wrench