PDA

View Full Version : Gauge issues - 2006 x-30

riptide
05-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello,

I seem to be having some kind of issue with my gauges on my 2006 x30.

1. Ballast tank gauges. They will fill up, but will never show fully empty after emptying. They show half or 1/4, etc, and not consistent across all 3. The mastercraft service guys said the gauges are not usually exact. Is this true and your experience?
The front one is darn slow to fill.

2. Fuel tank - this is not really moving. I was half empty and it was showing 7/8 full, barely moved.

3. Large Speedomoter vs Perfect Pass is highly inconsistent. It seems like the cruise control is showing more accurate and the large speedometer is all over the place. They are showing a 5-10 mph difference. Speedometer showing lower than Perfect Pass.

Thanks for any guidance

CantRepeat
05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Hello,

I seem to be having some kind of issue with my gauges on my 2006 x30.

1. Ballast tank gauges. They will fill up, but will never show fully empty after emptying. They show half or 1/4, etc, and not consistent across all 3. The mastercraft service guys said the gauges are not usually exact. Is this true and your experience?
The front one is darn slow to fill.

2. Fuel tank - this is not really moving. I was half empty and it was showing 7/8 full, barely moved.

3. Large Speedomoter vs Perfect Pass is highly inconsistent. It seems like the cruise control is showing more accurate and the large speedometer is all over the place. They are showing a 5-10 mph difference. Speedometer showing lower than Perfect Pass.

Thanks for any guidance

Hello.... did that in my best Jerry Sienfeld voice.

The ballast tank gauges will never read very well. You're better off watching the side exhaust valves sputter to let you know they are full or near empty.

Same with the fuel gauge. It reads near what is in the tank. When it gets to half empty just fill up.

There is a switch on the right side of your dash that says speedo, you can use this to change the larger speedo reading.