PDA

View Full Version : Growing Areas in Tennessee?

Big Dogg
05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Good Morning all!

My girlfriend and I are considering a relocation to Eastern Tennessee within the next year or so. We want to be in the vicinity of either Knoxville or Chattanooga and obviously with a lake within driving distance. We would like to be in a growing area of one of these cities... economic development, young age demographics, and more of a white collar community. We have done a lot of online research, however, have come up with little to no results. Can anyone add input to areas that we should look at, visit, or continue to research. Local knowledge seems to be key to finding the right areas (or towns) and so far we just haven't found the right information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

RustyMC
05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Check out Cleveland, TN. It's between both and has a fairly affluent community and you're near some of the best whitewater rafting in the South East. I lived outside of Knoxville for 10 years (on Douglas Lake), but I don't think that fits what you're looking for.

jasonba1
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
farragut which is in west knoxville is the biggest growing area and has the best schools. anywhere in the area you are within in 5 to 10 miles of the lakes. if i can help you out at all let me know feel free to email me at jbaggett@tnrmt.com or call me at 865-850-4995...i was in your same shoes 10 years ago. I cover all of east tn for my job so i maybe able to help you out quite a bit

mikeg205
05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
HEy big dog keep us posted - I want to move to TN as well.....

RustyMC
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Best part of TN (or one of them) = no State Income Tax

gweaver
05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I know nothing about TN, but I've always found communities that have a college or university in them have some of the most vibrant areas as far as culture and things to do. Lots of young folks, plust they'll probably have a fair number of concerts/plays/performances come through, sports teams and all that other stuff. Might be worth checking out.
G

cbryan70
05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Good Morning all!

My girlfriend and I are considering a relocation to Eastern Tennessee within the next year or so. We want to be in the vicinity of either Knoxville or Chattanooga and obviously with a lake within driving distance. We would like to be in a growing area of one of these cities... economic development, young age demographics, and more of a white collar community. We have done a lot of online research, however, have come up with little to no results. Can anyone add input to areas that we should look at, visit, or continue to research. Local knowledge seems to be key to finding the right areas (or towns) and so far we just haven't found the right information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Whats more White collar than Matoon and Charleston 8p great people watching where you are now

ski/hunt
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
++2 for Farragut! Lived here for 5 years and really love it. Was born and raised in burbs of Denver. The "mountains" are close, and great lakes very close. Like 5-10 minutes and several more under an hour---Norris included. Great schools, many great church's, and everything one needs as far as shopping. I travel a lot and the convience of three interstates running through makes getting places easy.

sp00ky
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Wow growing areas could take on a different illegal meaning..and what I thought was the subject for a second

Cloaked
05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
East TN ...............

JRW160
05-03-2012, 09:29 PM
I grew up in Chattanooga, and it's pretty awesome. Lots to do downtown.

HRC
05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't live there but Telico Plains seemed like a nice area when I was there last year.

gid
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I grew up in East Tn (Morristown, hour east of Knoxville), lived in Cleveland TN (dont go there) for awhile and currently live in Nashville. Knoxville area in East TN will have social stuff and several lakes to pick from AND the TN river too. I would opt for the TN river, find a nice home on the water and your set.

03 35th Anniversary
05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Not sure what kind of "White Collar" job you are looking for. But if you have a degree the 2 new Amazon Fullfilment Centers are both hiring management positions.

Amazon does pay pretty well, but can be hard to work for sometimes.

The F.C.'s are located in Chattanooga (CHA-1) and Charleston (CHA-2).