PDA

View Full Version : Star Gazer PP

jonnyski2
05-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I just had the wake board edition installed on my 01 , 190. The dealer made a mistake I wanted the 3 - event edition. I have been told they can correct their error with a software install . Does anyone out there know if thats true or not ? I also have a question about the operation of the PP , I had my boat out this past weekend , set the PP up in slalom mode GPS , when driving in a straight line it would hold the set speed fine , but when I would turn the display would start flashing MORE THROTTLE. Why should I have to add more throttle, I thought the PP would add the throttle to stay at the set speed . Is something not hooked up right ? Is this normal for the wake board edition in slalom mode GPS ? Do I have to change to RPM mode ? Will the 3 - event edition hold a set speed in the turns on GPS mode ? CONFUSED!!

east tx skier
05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
There is no difference between the software loaded on the module for 3-event and Wake Edition. What you need to do is get into the boat with the ignition off. Turn the key to the on position, and as Perfect Pass starts up, hold down the On/Off button and the Menu button at the same time until you get a system reset prompt. Select yes, and it will reset. It will ask for engine hours and then ask if you want 3-event or Wake edition. Select 3 event and you're good to go.

On your throttle question, Perfect Pass can only add power if you have the throttle past the point that would allow the engine to put out that much power. Push the throttle forward a little more and it will stop beeping at you. It will not let you go past the set point, but it needs for the throttle to be past the set point. Wherever the throttle is is the ceiling.

jonnyski2
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks , Thats funny I was thinking the same thing after I put the boat away. there is 1 defference between the wake and 3 - event Slalom times . I just took the boat back to the dealer to have the 3 =event software loaded. I will test it out tomarrow.

east tx skier
05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
They don't need to load any software. It's already loaded. Who is your dealer?

BrianM
05-03-2012, 12:14 PM
As Eastie said no need to take it back to the dealer. Just do the reset like he said. Will take less than 5 minutes to do at home or next time you have the boat on the water.

TNH2oSkier
05-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Are the magnet timers the only difference between the two systems?

BrianM
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
That used to be the only difference but the newest version of Stargazer does not even require a smart timer for course skiing. You simply map the course and then it knows where everything is. I believe the system will remember three different courses.

epnault
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
So if I purchased my Stargazer Wake Wdition upgrade last year I can switch the system back and forth (3 event to wake). If this is true there is a huge miss in the marketing for the upgrade. I spent a lot of time arguing with myself on which system to upgrade to last spring. If I had known I got both it would have been a no brainer and a dang good value.

BrianM
05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
You have always been able to do that. Last year I think you still needed a smart timer to run the course.

Thing is if you are using it for course skiing a lot you might as well just start it up in 3 event and leave it. Trick mode is the same as Wake mode. So just toggle through the menu and go. No need to hard reset the system.

The price difference in the past has been the cost of the smart timer.

epnault
05-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Cool-thanks for the reply

east tx skier
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Currently, the only way to get the 8.0 upgrade with no smart timer is to buy a Zbox. According to Perfect Pass, the 8.0 software will be available without the Zbox by July for $99.