PDA

View Full Version : Someone's gotta have photos of the new star

Pages : [1] 2

willyt
05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
No, not an old thread. I'm talking about the rumored first production model off the line. MC has been deafeningly quiet since whenever surf expo was (so long ago can't remember). I think someone said the boat was down with Travis breaking it in.

Please please please tell me they've started production on them....

ttu
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
sorry i don't but hoping to see it at "king of wake" at table rock lake next month.

wrobins1
05-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Had called to get a serial number for my engine the other day and the mastercraft rep confirmed that they were in the middle of production of a couple of the new xstars, but the 2012 run would be very limited considering the later start. He also confirmed that it should be pulling the PWT this year...

Heelgrad
05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I've got a picture of it in the lake from when I took my factory tour. So yes they are producing them at least that one. I'll post the picture of it at the dock even though its from a distance you can see it. It's black with the orange interior.

bjames
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
My guess is that some of the new Xstars will start showing up at dealers when the 2013 models start to arrive (Late July-Aug), untill then, probably not too many candid photos.

jason95gt
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
They will be re launching the Star in conjunction with the first PWT stop. There are a couple and that is it for now. It is a 2013 model boat and will be at dealers in July assuming.

mrm2083
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I was really hoping MasterCraft would redesign it. Am I the only one that finds it extremely tacky looking (even if it had a regular color and interior, the lines are just way overdone). The old star was such a great looking boat when it came out and still is.

Gabe63
05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I was really hoping MasterCraft would redesign it. Am I the only one that finds it extremely tacky looking (even if it had a regular color and interior, the lines are just way overdone). The old star was such a great looking boat when it came out and still is.

No, you are not the only one. However, some love it.

mitchelmilitiapres
05-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Personally, I think the boat is awesome! The size and price may be a little over the top though!

In regards to the design, I just think it's the next step in the natural progression of boat design. The lines are just as extreme of a change compared to when they first released the picklefork.

mrm2083
05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
When the original star came out I was instantly in love with it. The picklefork gave it a little bit of edge while being a very functional design. On this one the swooping windshield looks rediculouse, those headrests on the back seats take off space from the sun pad, etc.

I really want to like it but I really find it to be the ugliest wake boat out there. To me the X25 was MasterCrafts design prime.

moleson10
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM

+1 New doesn't always mean improved. It will probably lead the way in future design but I agree it's a bit "over styled". I'll probably get used to it.

willyt
05-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Didn't mean to start the Xstar bashing thread...

If the wake is as big as advertised it could look like a 88 bayliner and I wouldn't really care, except it doesn't, work of art IMO (agree some things are overdone, ie headrests on back seat, touchscreens, etc).

Anyway, I WANT SOME PHOTOS!!!!!

wrobins1
05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I drove 11 hours to see it in person so it is safe to say I like it, but I was told that the production version will have less pronounced head rests. I guess it is a lot like concept cars magnify design points almost as if to gauge the reaction then the Industrial (aka imaginary haha) engineers start changing it to make it more cheaper/easier to manufacture

Brian B
05-03-2012, 06:02 PM
http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2012/05/03/mastercraft-debuts-new-xstar-at-first-stop-of-pro-wakeboard-tour/

Jim@BAWS
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
When the original star came out I was instantly in love with it. I really want to like it but I really find it to be the ugliest wake boat out there. To me the X25 was MasterCrafts design prime.

Original X star came out ins 1998 or so

mrm2083
05-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Original X star came out ins 1998 or so

Haha my bad. Original pickelfork Mastercraft

swatguy
05-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Nothing like discontinuing the old model before they new model can be produced without major flaws.........It has to go down as one of the biggest fubars in boat production/hype. I was in a new one about 3 weeks ago in Orlando. We couldn't get the wake clean at all......So finicky. It had a wicked lip.

I personally think the 03-11 Star is one of the sexiest boats on the water. It's and absolute gem. The lines are simple, clean and smooth. It just can't do anything else except produce a monster wakeboard wake otherwise I would own one for sure.

jhall0711
05-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Nothing like discontinuing the old model before they new model can be produced without major flaws.........It has to go down as one of the biggest fubars in boat production/hype. I was in a new one about 3 weeks ago in Orlando. We couldn't get the wake clean at all......So finicky. It had a wicked lip.

I personally think the 03-11 Star is one of the sexiest boats on the water. It's and absolute gem. The lines are simple, clean and smooth. It just can't do anything else except produce a monster wakeboard wake otherwise I would own one for sure.

I think Willy would like to know if you have any pics of this ride 3 weeks ago... At least thats the vibe I get....:rolleyes:

swatguy
05-04-2012, 02:26 AM
HAHAHA I know bad me........... not one for pics of someone else's ride tho It really didn't wow me.

captain planet
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I think Willy would like to know if you have any pics of this ride 3 weeks ago... At least thats the vibe I get....:rolleyes:

No kidding. I'm already looking into if this is possible with my source. :rolleyes:

captain planet
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Hey Swatguy, what color was the new X-Star you were in?

vision
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM

I think the driving force behind the way premature x-star announcement was related to MC trying to get the news out before the G23. Nautique however seemed to handle the promo and release for their boat much better..

swatguy
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Mostly white with tan and black accents. It was a team riders boat. I am not sure if he wants me associating his name with a negative review on my part :)

I think the driving force behind the way premature x-star announcement was related to MC trying to get the news out before the G23. Nautique however seemed to handle the promo and release for their boat much better..

Yea you can buy it and use it :)

captain planet
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Mostly white with tan and black accents. It was a team riders boat. I am not sure if he wants me associating his name with a negative review on my part :)

Simple colors, sounds pretty cool.

So did the guy let you know the wake on the old X-Star would throw you out whereas the wake on the new X-Star will throw you up and out so you get more air and have more time to throw tricks, or did he just let you wing it? I have been told the air behind the new boat is pretty awesome once you get used to it. How long was your set?

swatguy
05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I got smoked..........He told me hit it like his old boat and I did. I thought I killed myself. ITs def a new wake in the MC line. Still has the same long smooth tranny, but the lip was much different. It was really hard to keep from washing so I don't' really know if that was part of it as well, but the wake was def much more vert than most the MC wakes I have been behind. I will say its as unique and on a whole different level than the other MC's I have spent time behind. While the 03-11 hull had that same feeling at first, it still had MC characteristics of a long smooth tranny and a nice not to lippy, and not too rampy of a wake. This boat is completely different. The lip is killer and makes you knees compress if you are not ready. I only rode 2 small sets as we had 9 guys in the boat drooling to hit it. Its def going to be unique when MC gets it dialed. We had about 3700 plus the 9 of us in there. I haven't ridden a 25 or 30 just yet, but have ridden pretty much all the others.

captain planet
05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Holy smokes, that's like 5500 lbs in the boat!! I would hope the wake would be killer.

captain planet
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Yea you can buy it and use it :)

So, the new X-Star you rode in, the hull was white and the interior was white with tan and black accents?

scott023
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
So, the new X-Star you rode in, the hull was white and the interior was white with tan and black accents?

What are you driving at here CP?

swatguy
05-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Interior was tan with the black accents and a little what I guess is metalflake, hull is white. Tower was powertower. Not sure what engine it had but that thing sounded awesome. Like I said I really didnt get to go thru the boat and pick it apart. I didn't want to be that guy......I came to a friends place and he knows all those guys cuz they live on his lake. 3 of the guys work at owc. I wasn't even going to ride, but I decided to after being pretty much thrown in. I can't ride at all compared to most of those guys. Just lucky to have good friends.

GT500 MC
05-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Feels like an interrogation....:popcorn:

swatguy
05-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Just a bit, or maybe he wants to order one and deciding color. :). There are only a few on the water so was planning on getting grilled.
I will say this. I wasn't a fan of the brown/tan interiors at first, but they have grown on me for sure. Tower still not so much

captain planet
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
What are you driving at here CP?

Well, I have it from a pretty good source that of the two new X-Star hulls in existence, neither are white, both are black. The posts about the new X-Star just made my radar go off so I wanted the facts before I checked into it. I don't know what Swatguy was behind, but from my source, it wasn't a new X-Star.....just sayin.

MIskier
05-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, I have it from a pretty good source that of the two new X-Star hulls in existence, neither are white, both are black. The posts about the new X-Star just made my radar go off so I wanted the facts before I checked into it. I don't know what Swatguy was behind, but from my source, it wasn't a new X-Star.....just sayin.

The prototype was a white boat and was wrapped for the surf expo, that is the only boat that it could have been.

I have seen the PWT boat and it is sick!

captain planet
05-06-2012, 12:30 AM
The prototype was a white boat and was wrapped for the surf expo, that is the only boat that it could have been.

I have seen the PWT boat and it is sick!

That's a negative.

swatguy
05-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Capt, I am not going to start a war on the board so we can hash it out in pm. There is Def more than 2 new star molds in existance. Maybe your source is refering to the new updated 2013 hulls rolling off the line.

I can assure you it was a new mold star meaning not an 03-11 mold. I can also assure you there are more than only 2 black hulls that were molded . Again possibly clarify with your source that he doesn't mean 2013 production stamps.

MIskier
05-06-2012, 12:50 AM
That's a negative.

Pardon?

mccobmd
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

mlawler34
05-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Pretty sure Mastercraft had a video on the site of Parks and the riders talking about it and the R & D and the boat was white. Just saying...

CumberlandXstar
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Pretty sure Mastercraft had a video on the site of Parks and the riders talking about it and the R & D and the boat was white. Just saying...

I was told that the video was shot behind Harleys old boat just weighted down crazy. And Harleys old boat was white, so it kind of fits together.

DemolitionMan
05-07-2012, 10:26 AM
In the test video from March of 2011 it is white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaWePnOwew

DemolitionMan
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Do they make wraps go under the whole boat?

aquaman
05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
In the test video from March of 2011 it is white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaWePnOwew

Awesome boat.

willyt
05-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Ok, I think some people are confused, there are at very, very least 2 new xstar hulls out there, that's because I've seen 2 of them side by side. The white one was an R&D version, with tons of bondo on the hull and definitely not a production version. The other black wrapped boat (the one they drug around to all the boat shows) did not have underwater gear and to my knowledge they were still working on the hull at the point that was released, so more than likely thats not a production boat.

Now, the rumor is AFTER those two boats were created they finally got the final mold and started producing the new stars, which would make 3 +. I wanted some photos before the tour stop, or at least generate some excitement for the new star again

mlawler34
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Agreed on the excitement part Willy. I have literally considered driving down to one of the tour stops from Michigan because I am very anxious to see the new Star and see it in action with the worlds best behind it.

Plus I towed a couple guys yesterday behind my new to me 2004 Star, and they were raving about it all day. So I really cant wait to see this bad boy!

MIskier
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok, I think some people are confused, there are at very, very least 2 new xstar hulls out there, that's because I've seen 2 of them side by side. The white one was an R&D version, with tons of bondo on the hull and definitely not a production version. The other black wrapped boat (the one they drug around to all the boat shows) did not have underwater gear and to my knowledge they were still working on the hull at the point that was released, so more than likely thats not a production boat.

Now, the rumor is AFTER those two boats were created they finally got the final mold and started producing the new stars, which would make 3 +. I wanted some photos before the tour stop, or at least generate some excitement for the new star again.

There are a few photos floating around of the PWT boat...but I don't think MC wants them to be posted in public until they get to have their big unveiling at the first tour stop.

MIskier
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Agreed on the excitement part Willy. I have literally considered driving down to one of the tour stops from Michigan because I am very anxious to see the new Star and see it in action with the worlds best behind it.

Plus I towed a couple guys yesterday behind my new to me 2004 Star, and they were raving about it all day. So I really cant wait to see this bad boy!

The best one to go to would be the stop in Knoxville most of the engineers and exec's from MC are there for that stop, and you can build in a stop at the factory.

scott023
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
This is getting interesting. :popcorn:

snork
05-07-2012, 12:59 PM
someone posted a micro pic on WW of what is said to be the new XStar and its without the power tower

MIskier
05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
someone posted a micro pic on WW of what is said to be the new XStar and its without the power tower

All black with a ZFT 4? If so that is it.

captain planet
05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Well to clarify my previous posts on this thread, what Swatguy was referring to was the prototype boat, which was in fact white. You see it in the video with the boat unveiled at the surf expo. This was the working model for the new hull. This is not the hull that ended up being the new X-Star. So the commentary about the wake characteristics were comments about a work in progress, a prototype hull that will not be sold because it was in fact just that, a prototype.

I'm sure photos of the new X-Star will surface shortly.....I can just feel it. :rolleyes:;)

snork
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
All black with a ZFT 4? If so that is it.

Thats what it looked like to me plus it had large orange XSTAR decal

08M3Sedanski
05-07-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/files/w800/boats/media/aa303f193cc27bf5ec86645c696a2f42.jpg

snork
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/files/w800/boats/media/aa303f193cc27bf5ec86645c696a2f42.jpg

Prototype, not even close, except for the hull

Heelgrad
05-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Ok. I promised you guys that the boat does actually exist and yes it was in the water when I took my factory tour. Sorry that I was so far away but I couldn't get down to the dock. Looks like this production one does in fact have the ZFT-4 tower as mentioned earlier based on the speaker cans. Black hull with the orange interior. Enjoy...

AZX9
05-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Not sure about the 57 Chevy dip in the hull and deck toward the back. I don't like it on the other hulls either though.

08M3Sedanski
05-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Prototype, not even close, except for the hull

Crazy that they would put something on their website presented as the 2013 X Star with pictures and specs and everything... and it doesn't even look like the actual product? Crazy.

Looks like the "Chevy Dip" is the new design motif (new X30, new XStar)... do you think it is all "form" or might it have a "function"?

snork
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Personally, the hull top and bottom is "set in stone" don't expect any changes in there production line, too costly to make changes to molds but the back seat head rest and humps in the sun deck gotta go and bet the dash took a revamp from the proto type as well. We'll soon see
I'm not crazy about the line between the hulls top and bottom thats one thing that'll keep me interested in a 2011 Xstar with power tower and Ilmor 6.2

DemolitionMan
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
This was on FB.

captain planet
05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
This was on FB.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:;)

I think that there may be more bits and pieces photos that will hit the web soon.....I think.

willyt
05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
thank goodness. Those retarded headrests are gone. Now, give me analog gauages... common

CottagerGreg
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Ya saw that this morning. Travis Moye posted it as a tease! I guess we have to wait till tomorrow for some PWT pics?

DemolitionMan
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Ski-me
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
That green is AWESOME.....:rolleyes:;)

zamboniman
05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't kick either of those off My docK

Brian B
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Why the need for an extra fat sac on board?

willyt
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Why the need for an extra fat sac on board?

Why do planes have wings?

I'm lovin it!! The green is awesome

501s
05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh wow, I LIKE that green interior. I think this boat with all the new mods is going to be a show stopper.

BrianT
05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
That green is nice!!

captain planet
05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I wasn't sure I was going to like that green. But now that I have seen it, that is pretty freaking sweet.......ya' know, for a V-drive.:rolleyes:

JulioX2
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
FINALLY!!! Gotta agree that green does look pretty good.

DemolitionMan
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM

captain planet
05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Word on the street from today is; the wake is awesome and it has a great lip at the top of it to push off of to throw tricks. The time in the air is unbelievable. I guess a double back-roll has already been thrown off of it.....and landed.

bjames
05-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I think DemolitionMan is teasing us.. I bet he has more photos to show but wants torchure us :)

TN X-45
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
I want that walk through pad for my 2008 X-45. Think we will be able to get our hands on one?

DemolitionMan
05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I think DemolitionMan is teasing us.. I bet he has more photos to show but wants torchure us :)

I don't have any, I am just searching the net.

TN X-45
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Green is my new favorite color on a boat - cant wait to see if exterior matches. Captain?

captain planet
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Green is my new favorite color on a boat - cant wait to see if exterior matches. Captain?

:popcorn::popcorn:

I'm just eating popcorn and watching my inbox to see if any goodies arrive. :rolleyes:

pmkkdx
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't have any, I am just searching the net.

I saw those interior pictures on Wakeboards.com FaceBook page earlier today but wasn't totally sure they were of the new XStar. The green kinda grows on ya :D

an another tease from there too but all I get is a little red X in a box http://www.thewakeblog.com/?p=11844

DemolitionMan
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM

zamboniman
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks like the interior is more like the reveal boat than not (closer to production than concept)... fixed the rear seat swim deck so only improvement.. dash remains as shown.

73blue
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Dude, the vinyl...your feet...smh

bjames
05-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I want that walk through pad for my 2008 X-45. Think we will be able to get our hands on one?

Im sure you can get a custom one made by Sea Deck. Just provide the measurments and design.

cpr05xtr
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Does Mastercraft include the girl with purchace?

Jim@BAWS
05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Does Mastercraft include the girl with purchace?

That is the FEMALE TEAM RIDER Nicola Butler

Jim@BAWS

scott023
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM

Jim@BAWS

C'mon Jim, you didn't answer the mans question.

He didn't ask who the lady was, he asked if she came with the boat. :D

CantRepeat
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
C'mon Jim, you didn't answer the mans question.

He didn't ask who the lady was, he asked if she came with the boat. :D

Nice!!

willyt
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
isnt she like 17....?

CantRepeat
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Jim@BAWS

Good thing Zane's wife is such a hottie!!! With all the good looking women around him it's gotta be tough to "just say no". lol

captain planet
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Rolling off the line folks! My buddy sent me this picture yesterday.....yes, production is in progress. :D

I'll see if there are any other photos I can get my hands on and post for you. :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
05-17-2012, 09:44 AM

CottagerGreg
05-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Surprised that king of wake posted it first on facebook... Mastercraft hasn't posted it yet.

snork
05-17-2012, 10:03 AM
The Batman XStar, Black with Parks interior
The Robin XStar, Black with orange interior
The Joker XStar, Black with purple interior, is that a color choice
I know its not from the Batman series but green interior Green goblin

Serin, start working on some Comic Book wraps

DemolitionMan
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM

scott023
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
My arms hurt just looking a that black deck...

DemolitionMan
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Rusty behind the new XSTAR.

CantRepeat
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Qualifying starts tomorrow behind it, right?

DemolitionMan
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Qualifying starts tomorrow behind it, right?

I believe you are right.

CantRepeat
05-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I believe you are right.

We thought about driving up for the weekend but my wife has a college honors society thing this weekend.

scott023
05-17-2012, 01:30 PM

UMMMMMM, wow.

brucemac
05-17-2012, 02:29 PM

ouch!

bjames
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM

Sure looks like the new X30... 8p

snork
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Rusty looks like he's think'n holy crap Batman

CantRepeat
05-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Rusty looks like he's think'n holy crap Batman

My eyes must really be going bad! I can't make out a single feature on his face in that photo. :(

CottagerGreg
05-17-2012, 03:46 PM
my knees hurt looking at the picture of Rusty... only if I could get punted that high!

Pic is blurry as I believe it was saved off facebook.

ShawnB
05-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Here's some real video of riding. The double up is scary, scary big.

http://vimeo.com/42317818

CantRepeat
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM

haha, he sure chuck that handle on that one.

michiganTristar
05-17-2012, 04:33 PM
That has to be a blast to ride behind, cant wait to see the tricks thrown on it!

CantRepeat
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
That has to be a blast to ride behind, cant wait to see the tricks thrown on it!

Hey michigantristar,

If you want to get your account fixed from being a guest please look at this post.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45683

You'll have to register with the link in that post. If you want to keep the same name then just PM me and I'll delete your current guest account.

JBrew
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/hanging-with-the-crew-at-mastercraft/

Already posted above... my bad

swatguy
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I love that green interior on the black hull. ABSOLUTELY SICK!

The wake on the other hand.........anyone else think it was washy and just not clean at all or am I the only one? Its white washed on almost every hit on the side they are hitting

MattsCraft
05-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Is it jut me or does the wake look washed out???

ShawnB
05-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Seems to be the general consensus. Doesn't seem to be affecting the riders though.

bjames
05-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Is it jut me or does the wake look washed out???

I was thinking the same thing - especially the port side, but that could be due to more weight on that side :confused:

MA190
05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
I really doubt that MasterCraft would bring the boat to market and the PWT and all of their athletes would sign off on it if the wake was washed out and not better than the old XStar. How much can you really know/feel from a picture or video?

jason95gt
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Our rep for Ronix was just in the store and they just got done with their 2013 photo shoot and had a G23 and a 2013 X-Star. The riders liked the G23, but completely loved the new Star. The washed out wake is on the down side and with that much weight in it and for how hard those riders pull, that is a good thing for landing.

swatguy
05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
It looks pretty washed on the approach side. There is always wash on the landing in most boats that are heavily weighted. Here is the thing........the pros said they all loved the first version too....we know how that wake turned out..........they are paid to say that. Only time will tell from real people reviews that aren't being paid by the mfg

Loved the re worked tweaks inside from what I have seen tho.

MA190
05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I am pretty sure that all of the Ronix riders are NOT paid to say they love the MasterCraft XStar since many of them are riders for other boat companies.

snork
05-17-2012, 09:20 PM
My experience for the washed wake is the PerfectPass is not holding speed in combination of the load forced on the approach side
when the wake to wake 1080 and 1260 and double back is done during tournaments it'll put everyone apprehension to rest

CottagerGreg
05-17-2012, 10:26 PM
I am seeing clear shots of the wake. Looks impressive!

zamboniman
05-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I think the video is deceiving .. the last hit tells it all. Perfect camera angle and wake looks Rad.

scott023
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
There are more than a few shots in that vid of a wicked, clean wake.

bjames
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Found tyhis on WW. Im guessing they are going to have a few colors pulling the PWT. BTW, strange that they are not using the ZFT-5P

Georgeohh
05-18-2012, 01:10 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9933/46234610150805135161752.jpg

bjames
05-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Just noticed, no more pylon behind the rear seat.

Georgeohh
05-18-2012, 01:19 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7217/46242810150805152846752.jpg

ShawnB
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRfRQ3pMVM&feature=youtu.be&a

bjames
05-18-2012, 01:44 PM
I can watch that over and over :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

JBrew
05-18-2012, 01:52 PM
"let the next generation speak for itself"

Amen!

mlawler34
05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7217/46242810150805152846752.jpg

Love the green Mastercraft Logo on the hull underneath the bow!!

FourFourty
05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/xphire/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Eagle
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRfRQ3pMVM&feature=youtu.be&a
Holy crap!

DemolitionMan
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:d

Georgeohh
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to see more photos and edits from this weekend's PWT stop

snork
05-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I see MC mounted the 07-10 tower speakers on the Black and Green XStar

willyt
05-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Sure looked like Harley was off to a good start on that wake to wake double tantrum... W2w double tantrum? Definitely next level trick.

TN X-45
05-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

GT500 MC
05-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't want the star so much as that tow rig in the third pic....nice...

Jerseydave
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't want the star so much as that tow rig in the third pic....nice...

You can find used Freightliner super cruisers used for under $60K :D

The new star looks like it rides very bow-high......the driver is not looking through the windshield but over it.....maybe he's even standing? It could be because of ballast placement with a lot of weight in the stern. Wake looks killer.

TN X-45
05-18-2012, 04:13 PM

TN X-45
05-18-2012, 04:15 PM
More

scott023
05-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I like that green. Wouldn't buy it, but I like it.

CottagerGreg
05-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Seems to ride a little bow high

Jim@BAWS
05-18-2012, 05:55 PM
http://vimeo.com/42379685

DemolitionMan
05-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I took these off a friend of mines fb page.

zamboniman
05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
The green just keeps bringing it.

willyt
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Where are the results from the tour stop? New tricks landed? Back to back wake to wake 10's landed?

ShawnB
05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I heard two 1080s and the MC athletes dominated (as they should having been the only ones who had seen the wake before). Harley took first, Rusty second, and Nicola took the women's.

dguille
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Hey.... I took those pics Demo man!!! Lol.... We were on the orange boat with Parks, Adam E, and Jimmy L. It was sick!!! Shot gunning beers on a brand new xstar made for a epic weekend!!

DemolitionMan
05-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey.... I took those pics Demo man!!! Lol.... We were on the orange boat with Parks, Adam E, and Jimmy L. It was sick!!! Shot gunning beers on a brand new xstar made for a epic weekend!!

I got them off of your page.:D

willyt
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok, enough photos... There seems to be some questions about the wake. Anyone around here actually ride behind it?

bjames
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Ok, enough photos... There seems to be some questions about the wake. Anyone around here actually ride behind it?

Aw, come on.. cant have enough photos :D

DemolitionMan
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM

Quinten
05-22-2012, 04:13 PM

That's a nasty big wake if that is stock ballast :)

scott023
05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
That's a nasty big wake if that is stock ballast :)

I can almost guarantee that's not stock ballast...

GT500 MC
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
If that's stock ballast I'll never get behind a new star. Like a little tsunami coming at you.

snork
05-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Boooty time

kgrove
05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I heard a rumor the new XStar was running into problems - maybe cancelled. My source wasn't ideal - potentially somebody with an agenda, buy sometimes there is still an element of truth behind the ugly rumors.

Anyone have delivery dates lined up? surely somebody must have put money down on one and been getting updates for when they would take delivery.

MCVOLS
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I have NO inside info, so this is just my opinion based on industry experience with a pleasure boat manufacturer.

"cancel" is most likely out of the question. They have already spent the money on molds, etc. so unless for some reason the boat is unsafe or won't pass ABYC or NMMA or other 'authority' specs, the boat will happen.

Could there be issues that require changes, even mods to the tooling, certainly. We know there are differences between the prototype that came out at surf expo, and the ones that were in Acworth last week, so additional 'tweaks' would not be uncommon.

Keep in mind, this is not the auto industry. No boat manufacturer builds several prototypes for testing, never to be released to the public. Typically, the very first one of every model eventually ends up on someones dock. If not the first, certainly the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, until they settle on what is repeated on the line.

I could be completely wrong, but I would be very surprised if the star were to be cancelled.

nauti-dreamer
05-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Do they make wraps go under the whole boat?

Question regarding this photo (top of page 5): Is the back tie-down strap really going up and around the corner of the platform? SERIOUSLY????

I hope that was not the design intent. To give benefit of doubt I'll pretend that was a decision (mistake) by the driver? But then again there is a towel under the strap so that implies some cognitive intent.

Anyone else notice that and find it odd?

JBrew
05-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Here is a thread on WakeWorld tearing the XSTAR a new one. This has turned into a PR nightmare for MC. I hope they come out on top after all the smoke settles.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793422

MattsCraft
05-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Not defending or advocating anything on MC about the new Star, but WW is a total joke, total MC hatters and really never much good info on anything regardless of brand over there. Stated before, I do read that forum on occasion, but for total and complete entertainment value only.

JBrew
05-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Not defending or advocating anything on MC about the new Star, but WW is a total joke, total MC hatters and really never much good info on anything regardless of brand over there. Stated before, I do read that forum on occasion, but for total and complete entertainment value only.

Couldn't agree more... I once frequented there often, then found this forum. Life changing experiences :)

As MC said themselves "held to a higher standard"

bjames
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM

X2;). Also a lot of wannabe's on that formum as well.:cool:

wakeX2wake
05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
couldn't agree more with the WW comments... i would add more of my own but no need to get all WW...

as for the new Star... they really need to give me a couple hundred bucks and let me get into those speaker grilles and etc... i'd have that thing decked out with lights to match the seats in a good weekend... if anybody from MC reads this PM me for contact info ha

(disclaimer: i am an engineer in the automotive industry with proven experience in the boat LED install field. thank you)

snork
05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Why stop production when MC has a great wake boat. Its time to tweak the wake by adjusting the amount and location of the ballast.
Send me one and I'll have it dialled in within a week but MC probably will not get it back for a year or two :D

501s
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Not to be rude but if the Engineers, riders like Rusty and Harley and Travis Moye couldn't get the wake perfect or any better than what we have seen, I doubt anyone on this board could "fix it" although it would be fun trying. It's gotta be in the hull. Everyone has "noticed" it since the first videos a long time ago and even the riders talked about it in the first R&D video.

I haven't got a chance to heavily weight the new X-30 yet but even with 1k there was no sign of wash. Looking forward to seeing it with 3k.

Jim@BAWS
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I heard a rumor the new XStar was running into problems - maybe cancelled. My source wasn't ideal - potentially somebody with an agenda, buy sometimes there is still an element of truth behind the ugly rumors.

Anyone have delivery dates lined up? surely somebody must have put money down on one and been getting updates for when they would take delivery.

"I have a friend who heard from a friend whose moms brother worked at MasterCraft in 1986..."

Cmon...Ferris Bueller is not getting a lung transplant!!!

03 35th Anniversary
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
"I have a friend who heard from a friend whose moms brother worked at MasterCraft in 1986..."

Cmon...Ferris Bueller is not getting a lung transplant!!!

Well Jim why don't you set the record straight?

You have an inside track....

Jim@BAWS
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Well Jim why don't you set the record straight?

You have an inside track....

No inside track at all...lets just quote facts and not have another rumor mill thread...that's all!

Sodar
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
No inside track at all...lets just quote facts and not have another rumor mill thread...that's all!

How do you know if it is rumor or fact, if the truth is unknown. :rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
05-23-2012, 05:57 PM
How do you know if it is rumor or fact, if the truth is unknown. :rolleyes:

Please...."maybe cancelled"

bjames
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Reading all the posts here and on WW. Here is what I dont get.

1. MC claims that all MC riders & engineers have signed off on the design which is now the 2013 Xstar - so there must have been concensus that the product was good enough to release.

2. A lot of people have drawn their own conclusions on the performance as if they themselves have personally driven / boarded behind the boat for some time.

3. Everyones diagonis seems to be based on a handfull of photos released/leaked, a few videos and maybe the odd comment from riders. IMO not enough information for fair judgement.

4. How can ANYONE draw a definitive conclusion that the X-Star wake is not worthy or is considered flawed or secondary to others - too soon to tell.

Lets face it, we (except for a very few) dont know squat about how the new X-Star really performs under various weight configurations. I really beleive that MC would have done their dudiligance before releasing such a high profile product to the public.

I have watched the videos posted on WW and can clearly see the approach side of the wake appears clean, then washes out as the rider lands on the oposite side. Which is normal if the boat is being pulled around by the rider.

Lets wait till after the PWT to see what the riders say about the new X-Star. Also the proof will be when the new Stars end up in the hands of the public :)

snork
05-23-2012, 07:33 PM
If MC did suspend production its most likely do to the classification under the "2013" stamping
Its my understanding boats built prior to July of 2012 are titled 2012 and after July are titled 2013
Highly doubt it has anything to do with its performance

DooSPX
05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I agree with Jim, bjames, and snork... people act like they have rode behind the boat, or heard from MC directly about the X-Star being cancelled. I do not board, and know very little about it, but I know enough unless you have first hand experience, its a personal opinion.

captain planet
05-23-2012, 10:13 PM

They are only being cancelled in Arizona. It is just too hot out there for the new space aged fiberglass. :confused:

BrianT
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM

1. MC claims that all MC riders & engineers have signed off on the design which is now the 2013 Xstar - so there must have been concensus that the product was good enough to release.

2. A lot of people have drawn their own conclusions on the performance as if they themselves have personally driven / boarded behind the boat for some time.

3. Everyones diagonis seems to be based on a handfull of photos released/leaked, a few videos and maybe the odd comment from riders. IMO not enough information for fair judgement.

4. How can ANYONE draw a definitive conclusion that the X-Star wake is not worthy or is considered flawed or secondary to others - too soon to tell.

Lets face it, we (except for a very few) dont know squat about how the new X-Star really performs under various weight configurations. I really beleive that MC would have done their dudiligance before releasing such a high profile product to the public.

I have watched the videos posted on WW and can clearly see the approach side of the wake appears clean, then washes out as the rider lands on the oposite side. Which is normal if the boat is being pulled around by the rider.

Lets wait till after the PWT to see what the riders say about the new X-Star. Also the proof will be when the new Stars end up in the hands of the public :)

Very well put.

-V-
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I thought they were only going to offer it to snot nosed kids who only use daddys money? That away they can keep making gear towards that age group.

lol

swatguy
05-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Here's the thing.......the only people raving about it are those who are

A) sponsored by MC
B)an MC spokesperson/pr rep
C) people on the MC payroll.
D) MC superfans

While not behind the brand spanking new boat the boat I was behind had the hull nodded an patched to get the current hull design. I wasn't at the PWT stop and haven't been behind a 2013.

I will take the word over two of my buddies who rode in the pwt stop and my own riding and observations over any of the above mentioned sources. The wake is bunk and still needs to be dialed. That is why MC isn't hitting any of the bad press head on imo. The screwed the pooch bad and the whole wakeboard community knows it and they won't just chalk it up and hit the drawing board. They continue to hold theory dealerships in the dark and provide limited info.

We are not going to know the real truth about anything til the boat gets in the public's hands. However the feedback Isnt stellar on a flagship boat nor is it gamechanging as that's the Achilles with the botched release that MC won't comment on.

No one in their right mind in the wake community should drop a penny on that boat without a demo first.

swatguy
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM

The verdict from the PWT stop is in and anyone not sponsored by MC will give you the real info. Wake was not pro caliber to put it nicely.

Also to point 1). They all approved the original design as well that was axed.......so what's that say?

snork
05-23-2012, 11:50 PM
swatguy, what makes you think there was any change to the hull of the all white XStar and the XStar that was showed at Surf Expo??????????????
-V- no snot nose kid with daddies money here. I'd love to have the possibility to obtain the Latest and Greatest but I'll need to sell the current XStar first

captain planet
05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
swatguy, what makes you think there was any change to the hull of the all white XStar and the XStar that was showed at Surf Expo??????????????
-V- no snot nose kid with daddies money here. I'd love to have the possibility to obtain the Latest and Greatest but I'll need to sell the current XStar first

Snork, post #50 addresses this issue.

captain planet
05-24-2012, 12:21 AM
The verdict from the PWT stop is in and anyone not sponsored by MC will give you the real info. Wake was not pro caliber to put it nicely.

Also to point 1). They all approved the original design as well that was axed.......so what's that say?

They all approved the prototype? Things that make you say hmmmm. :confused:

zamboniman
05-24-2012, 02:45 AM

All wake speculation aside...

Anyone know the song and artist in the video?

Need some fresh tunes on the boat... digging this

Brian B
05-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Regardless if this new X-Star's wake is washed out, not big enough, or otherwise not pro quality.......

I wouldnt call that a fresh tune.

scott023
05-24-2012, 10:13 AM

This about sums it up. Perfectly.

snork
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Snork, post #50 addresses this issue.

So what you're say'n is you have first hand knowledge of changes and I'm not accepting what your friend said thats whats called hearsay
You part of the R&D division?

bjames
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
All this reminds me of going to the movies. Before my wife and I go see a movie, we check the ratings, watch previews. Even though the preview was uhh ok, and the ratings sucked, the movie ended up blowing us away and ended up as the top box office for the weekend.

You really dont know untill YOU experience it yourself - and sometimes you cant bet all your chips on the few comments/videos/pics that have surfaced.

Reminds me of a bunch of armchair athletes that have all the answers from watching videos, reading public forums without enough factual information to prove anything. 8p

Im and "Innocent till proven guilty" king of guy :)

bjames
05-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Poor WillyT... and all he wanted was photos of the new Star :(

Does anyone else have anymore photos??

willyt
05-24-2012, 03:45 PM
whoopsie

pictures are fine. I'm withholding judgement until july when cincymc gets their demo in. Until then its all heresay as far as i'm concerned. Heck, I have a 22 ft limit on my water, i'm barely getting away with my old star as is..

93Prostar190
05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

willyt
05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
so the wakeworld thread on this topic has gotten completely ridiculous, even with help from the great travis moye.

word is though, harley landed a new trick behind the new star (double trantrum w2w maybe?), the rest of the comments arent worth reading.

captain planet
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
So what you're say'n is you have first hand knowledge of changes and I'm not accepting what your friend said thats whats called hearsay
You part of the R&D division?

I'm not part of R&D and yes I have exact knowledge about the new star. Why do you think I interrogated Swatguy earlier in the thread? It's because I know what is fact and what is fiction. The info I get is as far from hearsay as you can get....without sounding crass. :confused:

Brian B
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Lets get real here. How many of you (by show of hands) truly warrant a wake of this caliber?

I'm guessing a fraction of TT members (or WW for that matter) can actually huck a professional sized wake.

/popcorn

Brian B
05-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Any info regarding the surf wake?

-V-
05-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Lets get real here. How many of you (by show of hands) truly warrant a wake of this caliber?

I'm guessing a fraction of TT members (or WW for that matter) can actually huck a professional sized wake.

/popcorn

I did earlier............ when I dozed off in my boat with a beer dreaming about being on the lake......... :D

JLowder
05-24-2012, 11:40 PM
It's because I know what is fact and what is fiction. :
I disagree with this statement. I have glanced at the Ron Paul thread, and the fact that you are still hanging on to the hope he could get elected is about as confusing as Fathers Day in Oakland.:D:D:D

-V-
05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
as confusing as Fathers Day in Oakland.:D:D:D

No offense CP but thats funny right there......:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Brian B
05-24-2012, 11:43 PM
about as confusing as Fathers Day in Oakland.:D:D:D

:purplaugh

TOO-TALL
05-25-2012, 12:07 AM
is about as confusing as Fathers Day in Oakland.:D:D:D

Thats funny right there!...:D;)

swatguy
05-25-2012, 02:26 AM
They all approved the prototype? Things that make you say hmmmm. :confused:

The boat wasn't a prototype. A boat that is marketed, released for sale, and unveiled to the public in a video and an add is a production boat. It became the 2013 prototype when its launch failed due to a poor design that made it through the cracks again, justl ike power tower 1.0 and 2.0.

You really need to take a step back from the kool aid your MC payroll guy is shoving down your throat.

You then to claim to know so much yet have no facts to support anything....enlighten us as to all the design changes, enlighten us as to why they offer a prototype for sale, enlighten us as to why the hull and deck were yanked after it was offer for sale ......enlighten us as to the set you took behind the boat or any time u spent in it on the water.....

captain planet
05-25-2012, 07:34 AM
The boat wasn't a prototype. A boat that is marketed, released for sale, and unveiled to the public in a video and an add is a production boat. It became the 2013 prototype when its launch failed due to a poor design that made it through cracks again, justl ike power tower 1.0 and 2.0.

You really need to take a step back from the kool aid your MC payroll guy is shoving down your throat.

You then to claim to know so much yet have no facts to support anything....enlighten us as to all the design changes, enlighten us as to why they offer a prototype for sale, enlighten us as to why the hull and deck were yanked after it was offer for sale ......enlighten us as to the set you took behind the boat or any time u spent in it on the water.....

First, the white boat, the one you claim to have been behind, was the prototype I was referring to. I'm not going to get into an argument of who knows more about what is going on with the new boats from MC. But, when I see something that I know to be false posted in a public forum, I'm going to call it out. And remember, I know someone at MC.....so I'll just leave it at that.

Also, posted earlier were comments about the wake. First, I'm a slalom guy so I want my boats the other way, no wake. But when I have been told that 1080's are happening behind this boat....NOT on a double-up, and the new tricks that are happening behind this boat on just the wake, not doubled up, that says something. Wake preference is subjective and last I checked the riders, other than MC riders, have had around two weeks behind the boat. Time will take care of this argument, along with the new aerials that are happening behind the boat.

captain planet
05-25-2012, 07:38 AM
I disagree with this statement. I have glanced at the Ron Paul thread, and the fact that you are still hanging on to the hope he could get elected is about as confusing as Fathers Day in Oakland.:D:D:D

Hey, dig into the Ron Paul thread a little more, you'll see it isn't over yet. In the words of Jimmy V, "don't give up, don't ever give up.". ;)

swatguy
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
First, the white boat, the one you claim to have been behind, was the prototype I was referring to. I'm not going to get into an argument of who knows more about what is going on with the new boats from MC. But, when I see something that I know to be false posted in a public forum, I'm going to call it out. And remember, I know someone at MC.....so I'll just leave it at that.

Also, posted earlier were comments about the wake. First, I'm a slalom guy so I want my boats the other way, no wake. But when I have been told that 1080's are happening behind this boat....NOT on a double-up, and the new tricks that are happening behind this boat on just the wake, not doubled up, that says something. Wake preference is subjective and last I checked the riders, other than MC riders, have had around two weeks behind the boat. Time will take care of this argument, along with the new aerials that are happening behind the boat.

Captain,

Not one thing that I have posted has been false I even provided you with all the details and info for u to check and run past your MC guy in a pm. That's twice now you called me out on something u rely don't follow or are in the know of that u r claiming. Again you are completely eating up the marketing crap that your so called insider is telling you.......as stated you are not involved in the sport and don't really know the facts or follow the scene. Those of us that were/are directly involved see right through the bs. I Ifollow the scene religiously, and have friends and family involved in the tour. You seem to think you are the only one with info from MC. Your comment about the 1080's you received is blatantly false. They've been going on all season for the new year. It's the progression of the sport not an MC miracle Here is the link to the proof and that boat isnt an MC. The date is waaaaaaaaaay before the PWT stop as well. This is also before the 2013 Game changer ever saw a public lake.
http://www.iwake.com/Video/492

bjames
05-25-2012, 01:06 PM
WW posted a cool video of back to back 1080s from the PWT. That X-Star wake is ginormouse :eek:

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/videos/back-to-back-1080s-at-pwt-1.html

willyt
05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
im banning myself from starting any new threads from now on.

lets be real here. we're arguing with people on the internet we’ve never met about a boat we’ve never been on or even seen in person or ridden behind and might not ever ride behind. I'm going to go put 4k of ballast in my star and have fun this weekend.

I post on teamtalk when I’m on the john and have nothing else to do. Yes I poop a lot.

Cue the next can of worms!!!

Willlyyyyttttt out

-V-
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
i just had to throw this in here.........

AZX45OD
05-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I find it quite entertaining :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

jdl xstar
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Gotta love those Police Academy movies.

bobx1
05-25-2012, 04:30 PM
we're arguing with people on the internet we’ve never met about a boat we’ve never been on or even seen in person or ridden behind and might not ever ride behind.

Well said....and that leads me to a question I have had for a long long time.

This site is owned and operated by MC. Many kudos to them for allowing negative comments/rumors/etc. to be posted but I have to ask why?

And before everyone starts flaming me (it is good for us, good for the site, etc.), I am simply asking a question from a corporate perspective. I (meaning a corporation) need to hear about BIG problems or Cash Rewards or Power Towers or Ballast Timers or ______ but allowing people to jump my products on my own site is confusing to me. All big corporations monitor the internet for negative comments/feedback so they can improve their service/product but allowing this on their own site takes some guts.

HartlandX1
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
again, he's a Ron Paul fanatic....rationality is probably not a strong suit.Captain,

Not one thing that I have posted has been false I even provided you with all the details and info for u to check and run past your MC guy in a pm. That's twice now you called me out on something u rely don't follow or are in the know of that u r claiming. Again you are completely eating up the marketing crap that your so called insider is telling you.......as stated you are not involved in the sport and don't really know the facts or follow the scene. Those of us that were/are directly involved see right through the bs. I Ifollow the scene religiously, and have friends and family involved in the tour. You seem to think you are the only one with info from MC. Your comment about the 1080's you received is blatantly false. They've been going on all season for the new year. It's the progression of the sport not an MC miracle Here is the link to the proof and that boat isnt an MC. The date is waaaaaaaaaay before the PWT stop as well. This is also before the 2013 Game changer ever saw a public lake.
http://www.iwake.com/Video/492

Sodar
05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Well said....and that leads me to a question I have had for a long long time.

This site is owned and operated by MC. Many kudos to them for allowing negative comments/rumors/etc. to be posted but I have to ask why?

And before everyone starts flaming me (it is good for us, good for the site, etc.), I am simply asking a question from a corporate perspective. I (meaning a corporation) need to hear about BIG problems or Cash Rewards or Power Towers or Ballast Timers or ______ but allowing people to jump my products on my own site is confusing to me. All big corporations monitor the internet for negative comments/feedback so they can improve their service/product but allowing this on their own site takes some guts.

Maybe because Captain is more correct than you'd think and MasterCraft is going to prove all the rumors wrong?

Let's be honest here. ALL new models have their issues. It does not matter how much R&D has been spent on the product, real world testing will show the flaws. Some are larger flaws than others, but it is all part of the game.

-V-
05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Maybe because Captain is more correct than you'd think and MasterCraft is going to prove all the rumors wrong?

Let's be honest here. ALL new models have their issues. It does not matter how much R&D has been spent on the product, real world testing will show the flaws. Some are larger flaws than others, but it is all part of the game.

Any day if MC would like me to test out a new boat for a summer, I would be more than happy to, I would give it a real world test to provide them with valuable information about possible flaws in newly developed products to ensure that all safety measures are considered and the MC name stays true to its heritage....... Just sayin.....:D:D:D:D:D

scott023
05-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Any day if MC would like me to test out a new boat for a summer, I would be more than happy to....... Just sayin.....:D:D:D:D:D

You and me both. :D

snork
05-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I got dibs

snork
05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Seriously though
I think the New XStar is Dynamite just the way it is
I also think its the exact Same hull top and bottom as what was revealed at the surf Expo I'll also go as far as to say the Surf Expo Xstar is the same one that sports the orange letters and the green Xstar was #2 XStar
The only changes to the PWT XStar is very visible
Head rest, sundeck lockers, tower and jack plate which is all wrong, sub par boats would have something like that installed. the only possible and feasible application for the "trim tab" would be for a quicker planing. Sorry X2 X25 X45 owners but that MY opinion.
Some thing that might have been tweaked thats not as apparent could been the angle of the prop shaft and strut and the prop

captain planet
05-25-2012, 07:09 PM
i just had to throw this in here.........

I enjoyed these V, thank you! :D

captain planet
05-25-2012, 07:43 PM
im banning myself from starting any new threads from now on.

lets be real here. we're arguing with people on the internet we’ve never met about a boat we’ve never been on or even seen in person or ridden behind and might not ever ride behind. I'm going to go put 4k of ballast in my star and have fun this weekend.

I post on teamtalk when I’m on the john and have nothing else to do. Yes I poop a lot.

Cue the next can of worms!!!

Willlyyyyttttt out

No worries Willyt, feel free to start all the threads you like. I typically don't argue on here (except Ron Paul and meatchicken related items) except for when I see something that is completely unfactual about MC boats.

captain planet
05-25-2012, 07:49 PM
The boat wasn't a prototype. A boat that is marketed, released for sale, and unveiled to the public in a video and an add is a production boat. It became the 2013 prototype when its launch failed due to a poor design that made it through the cracks again, justl ike power tower 1.0 and 2.0.

You see, this is where I'm not going to back down. It wasn't launched or put into production. The work in progress was unveiled to the public, but these boats weren't chruning down the production line. Was it a bit premature to unveil it, maybe. But to say it was produced, failed, and then called a production model while another boat was designed is just rediculous.

I'm done responding to you on this because reading your posts is like....well.....one of V's pictures he posted earlier on here. Have a good weekend Swatguy.

swatguy
05-25-2012, 09:17 PM
You do the same CP. In the end you have your views based on your experiences.............. I have mine. That's America.

MA190
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
MasterCraft Just posted this video of Harley Nailing it!! Rumor has it they have even more that is on video?

https://vimeo.com/42989111

cpr05xtr
05-29-2012, 01:04 PM
New Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1y9muRlotKw
Looks like a sick wake to me.

CottagerGreg
05-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Good looking boat and wake....

Awesome video production too

bjames
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Found these great pics by Tx MC on WW.

bjames
05-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone know what these are for?

duckguy
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
bimini frame?

Kyle
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Maybe they are power tower stops when the tower is folded down.

snork
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't know but they can take them off and recycle them. They were not on the tower at Actworth PWT stop 1

mlawler34
05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Are those snaps for a snap on cover? I didn't see that one coming...

DemolitionMan
05-29-2012, 04:53 PM

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2012, 05:10 PM
I dropped my boat off today at the service dept. at TXMC today and that boat was sitting out back.

I got the chance to get in it and look around and snapped a few pics. I'd post them up but I'm on my iPad and can't get pics to upload from here.

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Anyone know what these are for?

They appear to be on the boat in the video below.

New Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1y9muRlotKw
Looks like a sick wake to me.

BrianT
05-29-2012, 05:38 PM
That is one fine looking unit!!!!

bjames
05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Those side draces dont appear to be attached to anything but the tower sides. They also have 2 knobs for some reason.

Fab
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Holy **** **** that bling boat starts growing on me...let's rob a bank !!

captain planet
05-29-2012, 06:00 PM
MasterCraft Just posted this video of Harley Nailing it!! Rumor has it they have even more that is on video?

https://vimeo.com/42989111

The height Harley is getting is crazy......simply crazy.

cpr05xtr
05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=1y9muRlotKw

is it just me or at 1:57 do the board racks not swivel in?

snork
05-29-2012, 07:13 PM
They do swivel in

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Here are the pics I snapped at TXMC today.

Fast50dad
05-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Great post, thanks!

scott023
05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Great pics Johnny.

wakeX2wake
05-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I would like to bump my offering of services... LED install... new x-star... I will personally guarantee satisfaction with a minimal budget :D

Sodar
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Can someone explain the green "box" on the floor. I know that the rear seat flips forward, to make it rear facing, but what role does the box play into this?

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=79496&stc=1&d=1338329739

ttu
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Can someone explain the green "box" on the floor. I know that the rear seat flips forward, to make it rear facing, but what role does the box play into this?

sorry i don't know but hate how that box reminds me of centurions!

501s
05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
When you fold the rear seat down into a bed, there is a filler cushion (at least on my X-30 there is). Perhpas that what it is?

Heelgrad
05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Are those the standard exterior graphics on every xstar going forward? pretty generic IMO. Not a big fan of that look.

willyt
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Are those the standard exterior graphics on every xstar going forward? pretty generic IMO. Not a big fan of that look.

Highly doubt it. The PWT boats have always been different.

kal_dude
05-30-2012, 02:09 PM
the box is where the bikinis get tossed after no wake time, and the LED's come on ^_*

DemolitionMan
05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
the box is where the bikinis get tossed after no wake time, and the LED's come on ^_*

I like this idea! :D

BrianT
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Me too!!! Thats a great idea!

EricB
05-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I bet that green interior won't get too hot in the Texas sunshine.... the box is probably there to hold water to splash on the seats so they don't give you 3rd degree burns....