PDA

View Full Version : Unwinterizing boat with ballast

ryfly161
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I have officially unwinterized my new x15 with the exception of the ballast system. For the winterization I took it to the dealership and had it serviced and filled with antifreeze. This is the first time I have had a boat with ballast so what do I need to do to unwinterized the ballast system? I have already lubricated everything an run the boat both on a fake o lake and on the lake but wanted to ask tt before I tried to use the ballast system

Thrall
05-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Typically, the ballast tanks are just pumped down, then suck up some anti freeze so that any water left in the tanks or pumps is treated not to freeze.
It should be all sealed up and ready to go. Drop it in the lake and fill the ballast.
Have you asked the shop that winterized it?

willyt
05-02-2012, 09:59 AM
pretty sure you can just make sure everything is connected and let her rip, no special things to do to the ballast to summerize it

MattsCraft
05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Yup, as Wiily stated, as long as nothing was disconnected, with a stock system no reason to disconnect anything anyway, fill em and let it rip. I have overflow bags in the rears, so only thing I do is put the bags back in, connect the quick connects and good to go. The anti-freeze that should be used is RV, bio degradable so little effect on the environment.

ryfly161
05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I checked everything the valves have been opened sin I ran the boat on a fake o lake the first time everything is Hooke up so I think I will be good to go. No I haven't been able to call due to my work hours so I went to the next best knowledge tt. Tanks again guys