PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find the back bilge pump fuse ?!

Fab
05-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I just figured today that the rear bilge pump on my 08" X2 wasn't working, the little red LED doesnt turn on either, but if i connect the wires from the front bilge pump switch to the rear pump switch then it works...

So i guess there might be a fuse somewhere that is blown but cannot find anything under the dash and behind the dash panel, even near the electric switch in the rear compartment ?!

So, someone knows what could go wrong and where to find the fuse ?

ttu
05-02-2012, 08:04 AM
anyone have help for this guy? sorry i don't.,

CantRepeat
05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Maybe the switch is bad. I don't recall there being a fuse on them but maybe one of your circuit breakers is tripped?

Fab
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Well it seems there's no fuse but the breaker near the power switch, but it doesn't seem to be tripped... the switch on the dash is OK, i connect a +12v wire then the pump is working...

I tried to unmount the breaker to check it but couldn't find how to and didn't want to break anything...After "de-screwing" the little black piece (with "press to reset" on it), is there a way to pull out the white breaker inside ?!

sorry for my bad english !! :-P

epnault
05-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Guys,
I noticed I have the same issue going on with my boat. I have no power to my pump or the switch (it lights up in manual mode). I have have an 02 ProStar 209. Anyone know what is going on? I couldn't find a fuse either.

atlfootr
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
This must be an epidemic, I too have the same issue as well.
However, on mine I do have fuses behind the switches - bilge pump doesn't work either.

Post pic's later today ....

Brian B
05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
+1

Mine does not work either.....

ttu
05-15-2012, 08:39 PM
does anybody have a idea on this one! my back bilge pump doesn't work at all.

epnault
05-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Ok, this is what I found on my boat (02 prostar 209). They don't use a fused system but rather a circuit breaker system. There is a clearly labeled board with a bunch of rubber bulbs. I found the one labeled bilge and pushed it in and felt/heard a click. It was obviously tripped. So, then Hit the switch and the light came on briefly and then off as it tripped the breaker again. I called Mark at Midwest MC and in minutes he diagnosed a bad pump (locked up and worn out). Then I gave Corey a call and ordered a new pump to install this weekend.