PDA

View Full Version : Using MasterCraft Cruise

mrm2083
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Is there any way to get the MasterCraft cruise to engage at low speed. I always have to go really fast before it catches. What are you wake surfers doing so that it doesn't kill you at the beginning?

CantRepeat
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Is there any way to get the MasterCraft cruise to engage at low speed. I always have to go really fast before it catches. What are you wake surfers doing so that it doesn't kill you at the beginning?

I gave up on the MC cruise for wake surfing. I ended up installing a PP Stargazer wakeboard edition.

X-1Texas
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I use my cruise for wakesurfing all the time, works awesome. Don't know what we would do without it. We set it at about 9.8-10.6 mph depending on weight and which side we're surfing on. Then we just ease the the throttle on when ready and it goes up to about 11 mph and then settles back down. You basically start just like you would always start when pulling a wakesurfer, as if you didn't have any speed control.

Last year I went out surfing behind a friend's new Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV and he would throw the throttle forward like it was a slalom start. He started to figure it out after he ripped his 12 year old son off the board a couple times.

Latin Flyer
05-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Works perfect on mine, acually for the kids i need to start slow!!! Still was not able to find the manual for it, so if anybody can help on this matter!!!!! I have the small one that came on the x2 2012

CantRepeat
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I use my cruise for wakesurfing all the time, works awesome. Don't know what we would do without it. We set it at about 9.8-10.6 mph depending on weight and which side we're surfing on. Then we just ease the the throttle on when ready and it goes up to about 11 mph and then settles back down. You basically start just like you would always start when pulling a wakesurfer, as if you didn't have any speed control.

Last year I went out surfing behind a friend's new Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV and he would throw the throttle forward like it was a slalom start. He started to figure it out after he ripped his 12 year old son off the board a couple times.

That's the one big difference between MC cruise and PP.

With PP you just set the speed and slam the throttle down and it takes off, beeps one time and takes control. Once you set the KDW it wont over shoot the speed.

mccobmd
05-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I use the RPM mode and it picks up no problem. For an X1 with 1700lbs the wave is perfect at 2440 RPM

StuSX
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Correct.. for super low speeds- RPM is the only way mine works.. it's a 2006, so don't know if different years are easier or harder, but RPM in manual mode works awesome.

CantRepeat
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Correct.. for super low speeds- RPM is the only way mine works.. it's a 2006, so don't know if different years are easier or harder, but RPM in manual mode works awesome.

Yeah, on my 06, RPM was the only way to use it for surfing. Once I drove a bud's naughty girl with PP in it I came home and order a star gazer. It's the heat!

onewheat
05-01-2012, 09:25 PM

This is exactly the same for us - works perfectly for everything from surfing to skiing for us in speed mode. I have never even tried RPM mode. A nice really slow start up to 11 mph and it takes us back to around 10 +/- 0.2 or so.

mrm2083
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
So if I were to just set it say at 2400 rpm I should be able to go slightly over an it will catch as long as I accelerate slowly? I'll try this next time, maybe I'm too impatient but it seems like I have to go way over for it to catch.

mccobmd
05-01-2012, 11:30 PM
I go up to about 2500 and you will feel it catch, steady push on throttle when you feel it catch you can just push the throttle on past. I use manual mode which is set it to RPM, accelerate to 2500 RPM, push the "on" button in and as it catches push the throttle forward.

mrm2083
05-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Ok I always turn it "on" before going. I didn't know it was possible to turn it on while at speed. So at the desired speed you hit on and then you will feel it catch?

onewheat
05-02-2012, 01:04 AM
I don't think mine will turn on while already underway - I have to turn it on while NOT in gear or possibly idle. If I forget to turn it on before pulling someone up - it's too late.

mrm2083
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't think mine will turn on while already underway - I have to turn it on while NOT in gear or possibly idle. If I forget to turn it on before pulling someone up - it's too late.

Ya I'm pretty sure mine is the same way. Any other tips on making it catch at slow speeds?

93Prostar190
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
On my 214, I have a weird version of speed control, and I ordered the boat without VDIG, hence no PerfectPass ..... I have basic cruise, it never prompts me for rpm vs. speed mode.

I have an on/off switch and a plus/minus switch next to my throttle..... I turn it on by flipping the switch to on ..... And pushing the throttle just a little forward.

I have never been able to pre set it ..... I always get to the speed and turn it on manually .....It works great at all speeds but I don't know how to pre- set it.

So it works like a car cruise ... Once the speed is set, if the rider falls, I can pull back .... And take control.... Provided I don't shut the motor off , on the next start I gently accelerate past the previous speed and it takes over again.

Trying to install PP this week ... But running to problems.