PDA

View Full Version : WTB parts 4 1984 S&S

Blowinsmoke2500
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey, I just got my first mastercarft. It's a 84 S&S. I got a lots of work to do on her. I need help finding the grills that go in the front and rear of the it? And I'm looking for a tower to buy? Thanks for any help.

dmminfla
05-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Tower on an 84 is not going to go over well on this site

thatsmrmastercraft
05-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Congrats on buying a great boat and welcome to the family. Would like to see some pictures.

Finding parts for these older boats is pretty much a matter of luck. Occasionally there is a boat being parted out, but not often. Most of the guys have made their own grills.......some out of aluminum on a CNC machine.

Not too many members on here putting towers on the older boats. Most, like me, have gone with an extended pylon. I have a Barefoot International Fly High and am very happy with it.

oxberger
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your boat! I have an '85 and can tell you some parts are hard to come by (the vents you mentioned being one). How long are you planning on having the boat? The reason I ask is resale value. The older boats tend to keep their value without towers. I agree with Pete, go with a Fly High or similar extended pole. Plus you won't hit your head on it like a tower. Post some pics when you get a chance. We love pictures here. We're a simple bunch. Where in the Southeast are you?

Blowinsmoke2500
05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey,Thanks guys. I will post a few pic soon, I got the inside stripped out over the last few day and sent all the upholstery to the shop today. I do have one of the big air poles that came with the boat. I will give it try before doing a tower.