PDA

View Full Version : water pump

Grambo
05-01-2012, 12:24 AM
So my 2002 X-10 which has the 350 indimar engine has a leak at the rubber O-ring
on the water pump dont want to even chance it on the lake so who knows where they
sell rebuilt ones? and also what is the spec of the pump and the best place to buy them?
local dealer wants to sell me one for 250.00 its a brand new johnson?
thanks want to install this week before the weekend so quick responses would be great
Thanks!!

CantRepeat
05-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Are you talking about the RAW water pump that houses the impeller or the actual water pump?

mayo93prostar
05-01-2012, 07:14 AM
If you are referring to the raw water pump versus the circulating pump, I do not know of any place that sells rebuild ones. However, you can rebuild it pretty easy yourself or buy a new one. Is it the seal by the bearings or is it the gasket on the cover over the impellar. Maybe you do not need a whole new pump. Discount Inboard Marine at skidim.com and via phone can help. Call them and they are very helpful. They have pumps from $200 to $500 depending upon model needed. Maybe your dealer price is not so bad and you do not need to pay for shipping and you get it right away.

Grambo
05-01-2012, 03:14 PM
its the raw water pump not the impeller gasket but the o-ring by the bearings coming off the engine side. In AZ we really dont have a good dealer so i need to contact a MC dealer and talk to service i will check out skidim I would think you could rebuild this by putting a new o-ring but ??
impeller and gasket is easy just dont know if you can replace this o-ring part on the shaft?