PDA

View Full Version : First Ski Of 2012

mramerman@gmail.com
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Headed to Lake Entiat (eastern Washington) for the first ski of 2012.

Lake Entiat is a damed section of the Columbia river that stretches north about 40 miles from Wenatchee. My wife’s folks have two acres on the lake set up for RV camping. While our place is literally 3 miles from Lake Chelan (the more famous destination)--it produces unbelievable glass that sometimes hangs around well past noon --- even on sunny and hot summer days. The result, miles and miles and miles of endless glass and very little reason to ever turn the boat.

This weekend brought some warm spring days 75’ and very cold water still icy from glacial run-off and snow-pack melt---water temperature hanging at a cold 48'.

It was also quite a contrast leaving Seattle with the temp in the mid-fifties, climbing to over 4000’ and experiencing snow, to drop down to the high-plaateau of eastern washington to mid to upper 70’s.

My arms are VERY sore.

pram
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Nicely done on the ski

curtish
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Hold on now. You know the rules...pics or it didn't happen. You look pretty dry there.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

mikeg205
04-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Water's nice... could be a ruse.... :D...

cdstukey
04-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Looks nice, fired the boat up for the first time this spring today. Lake opens tomorrow, just sat in the driveway and listened to the engine run for about ten mins. Can't wait for tomorrow, its like Christmas eve.

mramerman@gmail.com
05-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Looks nice, fired the boat up for the first time this spring today. Lake opens tomorrow, just sat in the driveway and listened to the engine run for about ten mins. Can't wait for tomorrow, its like Christmas eve.

Have a great day Chad! If your like me, I was grinning ear to ear.

Ski-me
05-01-2012, 11:15 AM
We did a quick run on Sunday morning....had to be off by 11am so the fishermen could come on.

I'm so sore right now! But a great time! 59 degrees and a full wetsuit. Actually, not bad at all!

I'm thinking 48 degrees is MUCH cooler! Love driving around the Columbia river area and Wenatchee. That water always seems to beg someone to ski on it....a lot of glass for sure!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nielson2020/2012-04-29_10-42-06_96.jpg

swardco
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Looks great. Dying to get out. Fired up the boat in the driveway a week ago and have been anxiously looking for a window to ski since then.

Hoping for Sat this week. Who needs to finish that bathroom remodel anyway??

Ski-me
05-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Looks great. Dying to get out. Fired up the boat in the driveway a week ago and have been anxiously looking for a window to ski since then.

Who needs to finish a house anyways?!? :D Isn't stud walls and plywood floors the "in" thing now??

gatorguy
05-01-2012, 01:41 PM

I skied last thursday. I thought my wife was gonna divorce me! We have been working on a total bedroom remodel/makeover, and my wife wanted it done by the end of the week, which it was, but that didn't stop the daggers every time she looked at me for a couple of days.