PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Maristar Dash Wiring

hobbes
04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi All
I bought a used 99 Maristar 205 and the dash is wired to over ride the fuses on the ignition panel so the guages do not work. MC sent me to TT to find asnswers, can some one please tell me what is suppose to be coming and going off the back of the ignition switch panel? The engine does fire up and the hour meter comes on, I do have a brand new MCD that shows voltage. Hope I have given enough info.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Please see attachment

Miss Rita
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I just did a complete re-wiring of my other boat, so I'm sort of qualified to answer this.

Each gauge should have a power lead; the terminal would be labeled "+" or "Batt" or "IGN" or just "I". Each gauge needs a ground wire, sometimes the ground is through the mounting studs, or there may be a separate terminal labeled "-" or "GRND". Last but not least, each gauge (except for the battery gauge and hour meter) needs a sender wire attached to it. There may be a separate terminal for gauge lighting, YMMV.

There should be an "IGN" terminal on the back of your keyed switch; with a 16 ga wire from this to the "IGN" or "BATT" terminal on each gauge. This allows each gauge to be powered up whenever you turn on the key.

PM me if your would like.

hobbes
05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Rita
Thanks for the help, do you recall what wires are coming and going off the breakers next to the ignition key and 12 volt accessary outlet? I think one is the kill switch.
Thanks

mtajpa
05-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Take a look at the owners manual page 22 lists all the breakers. Here is the link.

http://www.mastercraft.com/files/manuals/1999_OwnersManual-MariStar.pdf

I think the one next to the engine is for the ignition circuits and the other is for the 12volt acc. plug. Here is a link to a rear view of the dash it might help.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/56_90_279-boat-gauges-inboard-only-dash-panel-w-gauges/13294-mastercraft-boat-company-mastercraft-508046-98-99-200ms210vrs-boat-dash-panel.html