PDA

View Full Version : X30 Setup

MagnoliaHog
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
New MC owner (2004 X30), excited about trying to surf this summer. Any suggestions on what size fat sac(s) to get? Factory ballast works well, but I know I'll need at least one fat sac for port side, just don't know what size will fit in locker and work well.
Thanks!

Brian B
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
540lb Straight line bags fit nicely. I have an X10 and run 2 of them. One in locker, one on port seat w/ full port OEM hard tank.

kodiak
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I have an 05 x-30 and the 750lb bag will fit in locker. This is only my second year, and didn't really ever get the wake dialed in last year. I pulled the factory tanks this weekend and am going to use the internal pumps to fill the two 750lb bags on the port and starboard side. After pulling the tanks I think an 1100 lb bag will fit.

Brian B
05-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I have an 05 x-30 and the 750lb bag will fit in locker. This is only my second year, and didn't really ever get the wake dialed in last year. I pulled the factory tanks this weekend and am going to use the internal pumps to fill the two 750lb bags on the port and starboard side. After pulling the tanks I think an 1100 lb bag will fit.

Thats a lot of trouble for an additional 100 pounds?

kodiak
05-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Wasn't that bad tanks only took 6 screws to remove. Opens up the storage area when not using the bags.

drballenbc
04-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Hijacking an old thread to find out if anyone knows what the factory ballast in a 2004 X30 holds as I cannot find out the weights. And those who have modified it for surfing, what is the best setup that you have found. I was planning to pull the hard tanks and replace with 750 lbs sacs on each( need to be able to go either side) . Add in a bow bag under the seat? Better to use factory fill pump or just use a Tsunami pump? Not willing to drill through hull quite yet. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Brent

jafo9
04-03-2014, 10:57 AM
my tanks were gone when i got my 02. it had 750's and i replace them last year with 1100's. bought a "kit" from wake makers that included a hand held pump so i could fill one of the left over 750's in the bow for wake boarding. with the 1100's and the 750 in the bow plus the KGB full, i found that i'll need a new prop if i wan't to continue to run that much weight. for the future, i'd like to plumb in a larger custom KGB bag and an integrated bow filler sac. i'd don't like bags in the cabin.

mitchelmilitiapres
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Regardless of how much you choose to put in the rear locker. I say go for the bigger options. Better to have it and not use it instead of not have it and need it. (not my words, saw it on another ballast post) The key is the weight the boat from tail to nose. That way you have a longer wave with a larger sweet spot and is easier for surfers of all levels to ride.