PDA

View Full Version : Morning Glass

Danimal
08-17-2005, 09:33 AM
I almost called in sick to work today. What a beautiful morning!

ski_king
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
You don't look well, go ahead call off.

Danimal
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
All I would need from you is a letter to excuse me. Please sign it... "Epstiens Mother" :D

JEREMY79
08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Ok man. Stupid question.

Do you have to swim out to the boat?

6ballsisall
08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Heres the perfect one to use on your boss.

"Hey Boss, theres something wrong with my eye. I just can't see myself coming to work today" :D

Danimal
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Ok man. Stupid question.

Do you have to swim out to the boat?

We have a paddle boat that I use to go get it. It's actually a lot closer to my pier than it looks. I cropped it out of the picture. It can be a real pain in the arse especially when I have to get off the lake quick when a storn rolls in.

Danimal
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM

"Hey Boss, theres something wrong with my eye. I just can't see myself coming to work today" :D

HAHA I'll have to try that sometime:uglyhamme

JEREMY79
08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
good excuse

Mr. Boss
I got my feet stuck in my ski. I will have to ski today to see if I can get them out. :D

Danimal
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Or... The plug fell out of my boat and I have no choice but to continue moving until said plug is found.

6ballsisall
08-17-2005, 10:05 AM
HAHA I'll have to try that sometime:uglyhamme

I used it once years ago. My boss at the time told me that his hand was bothering him and he couldn't seem to find a way to sign my paycheck. Funny, I made it to work that day :rolleyes:

Davo
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
That is sooo tempting. I see that just about every morning when I leave the house. Then, I come home and all the joy riders are out. Grrrr.

You know, monthly dental cleanings aren't unheard of...don't you have an appointment tomorrow morning? :D

MasterMason
08-17-2005, 10:14 AM

They have a term for this, it is called "anal myoptic syndrom" Just can't see taking my a** to work. :D

JEREMY79
08-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Dear Sir,

I will not be able to make it into work for the rest of the month. I have a rare condition called skiitus that causes my left foot to be stuck infront of my right one. Dr. Yakjhadlsfh said that the only cure is to suffer out the pain on the lake for the next few weeks.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to return to work soon.

Danimal

Cary K.
08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
They have a term for this, it is called "anal myoptic syndrom" Just can't see taking my a** to work. :D

I've heard it called anal glaucoma, same disease though, it can be brutal. "I can't see my @$$ coming to work today".

J. Patterson
08-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Our old TriStars still have nice lines even after 15 years. Even if they do ride a bit "firm". I like your cover. Mine is still the original Mastercraft. Covers the platform and gets wet when used in the water. I like to keep mine floating overnight too when we spend the night at the lakehouse. Often makes me late to work. ;) Good thing I sign the checks.

J. Patterson
Trussville, AL
1990 TriStar Open Bow

alecams
08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
morning glass makes morning wood.....

Danimal
08-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I agree J.P. I get many compliments on my boat and it's lines. There are quite a few MasterCrafts on my lake but I have the only TriStar. It can be a rough ride but I look past that because I knew what I ws buying. I really like the cover too. Kind of a pain in the arse to put on. The easiest way is for me to get in the water and do it. I don't like to step over the windshield. I'm afraid it will get weak from the initial lean I have to put on it on my way over. Plus I already went arse over tea kettle once when the bow was wet :eek: Landed smack on the mooring buoy.

Leroy
08-17-2005, 03:56 PM
NICE SHOT! You've got to think about you priorities!

We didn't have glass like that this morning, but it was pretty nice!

Ric
08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
GREAT PICS
do you moor your boat like that nightly ?

Danimal
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
GREAT PICS
do you moor your boat like that nightly ?

Currently I do. The water level is down and I'm afraid to get in too far. I don't have a depth guage so I tend to fall on the side of caution. I just got the boat and would kick myself if I was to damage it right out of the box. I will be getting a lift next season and will be parking it on that.

betsy&david Harrison
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Lake Britton Glass...it was like this everyday until 11 am and then again in the evening.

mcprostar197
08-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Both those lakes look nice and welcoming.

Brazos Bum
08-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Ah ..... the memories you've stirred

I learned to ski and spent every weekend summer of my youth on Lake Britton. I had an opportunity to go back there 5 or 6 years ago and it was as great as ever, but I had forgotten how darn cold it is.

Back in the day you could ski between the bridges and all the way up past the pipeline at the upper end of the lake. The wierdest thing is that the lake temp drops about 10 degrees between the bridges.

The lower end of the lake grows a nice green algae film this time of year and, if you are the first one out in the morning, you can go back and see exactly where you skied. Sounds gross, but it's really kinda cool.

The best job I ever had was renting fishing boats and canoes at the state park there. I was 16 and I can't tell you how many people I got to take me skiing after work.

Let me know if you ever go back and I'll direct you to the secret local hangouts.

betsy&david Harrison
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Ah ..... the memories you've stirred

I learned to ski and spent every weekend summer of my youth on Lake Britton. I had an opportunity to go back there 5 or 6 years ago and it was as great as ever, but I had forgotten how darn cold it is.

Back in the day you could ski between the bridges and all the way up past the pipeline at the upper end of the lake. The wierdest thing is that the lake temp drops about 10 degrees between the bridges.

The lower end of the lake grows a nice green algae film this time of year and, if you are the first one out in the morning, you can go back and see exactly where you skied. Sounds gross, but it's really kinda cool.

The best job I ever had was renting fishing boats and canoes at the state park there. I was 16 and I can't tell you how many people I got to take me skiing after work.

Let me know if you ever go back and I'll direct you to the secret local hangouts.

We noticed the temp change. We did take a trip back past the pipeline to the Indian Encampment. We swam in the spring...sooo cold! The lake was not as green as you described yet. I was happy about that. But what a beautiful place. There were maybe 8 boats there when we were there. I'll put up some more pics when I get to my home computer. This one at work is a bit out of date. School budgets!