PDA

View Full Version : 91 thru 94 dash

1993bluestarsnstripes
04-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Is it possible to find a new or used dash that would fit a 1993 prostar? If so, where should I look?

mikeg205
04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Dashes are always hard to find...from what I have read. you can try www.salvagedirect.com. Is yours completely gone? This thread shows a major repair of a 97 dash.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33716&highlight=coat

post a pic of what you have...

hunt around at www.craigsnationwide.com - maybe find bits and pieces....

1993bluestarsnstripes
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Great! Thank you for the info! Joe

Kyle
04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I glassed my dash from the inside bc the vinyl was in great shape and I didn't want to damage it trying to remove it. It is extremely well built now.

joyner1020
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
I glassed my dash from the inside bc the vinyl was in great shape and I didn't want to damage it trying to remove it. It is extremely well built now.

+ 2 for what Kyle says

My dash was in good shape vinyl wise , all the hard plastic shell was starting to crack and fall apart on the inside . Sanded everything on the backside of the panel with Ruff 36 grit sandpaper by hand to get it ruff enough for the glass to stick to . Then glass her up , trim out the guage holes and WHA - LA !!
Another option is like the 1997 dash posted above . Glass it up inside and out , alittle filler to take out the low spots and then paint to match ..This might be what u need to do if ur vinyl is bad already . I asked around , but coudnt find anyone locally that thought they could get the vinyl to conform to the dash and stick , and stay STUCK . All the upholstry people around here thought the sun would eventually make the glue let go with all the tight bends/corners . The vinyl almost looks like its shrinkwrapped to the dash from the factory , if that makes sense..
Hope this helps some ..

Picture # 1 shows the dash broke to pieces on the backside ..Mostly the 2 corners were my problem , You can see on the right its completely missing
Picture # 2 shows the dash after first layer of glass , ugly, but solid as a rock , from here I added 2 more layers for the " just in case " factor

Ski-me
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
It looks like this guy might have a few......it says various dashes from 90-96.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mastercraft-Dash-Boards-/160726068599?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item256c052d77&vxp=mtr

kraig1995
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I tried to fiberglass the back of my gauges but the glass wouldn't flex to stay attached. after watching West coast customs I ended up with the idea of changing the gauge configuration and covering it with fleece and glassing it like a subwoofer box. this was the end result