PDA

View Full Version : pro wakeboarder

robb
08-17-2005, 01:06 AM
so i was out for the day with my boss on his 05 x-star and there was a pro out on a local shops boat to do a workshop and he comes out and finds out they have a malabo and he cant do it. so he goes out for the day with the guys from the shop, o yea this guy is andrew adkinson whos sponsored by mastercraft and cwb. so we see the guys out there and one of the guys with us has to swich his bindings with bigger ones and while we are doing the swich andrew starts talking with my boss and asks if it would be ok if he got a tow, well you can a magine what he said and andrew had the most amazing run pullin stuff like 313s and stuff that i've never herd of. and i just want to say he couldn't wait to get off the
malabo and on to the mastercraft

Cary K.
08-17-2005, 08:15 AM
That is awesome. Andrew is one of the nicest people I have ever met, wakeboarder or not. He can hang with anyone and is always looking for ways to put his own style on existing tricks. Nose grab mobe 5 for instance, no one else is doing that right now. His stock tricks include 9's both ways, suicide raley, 313's, the list is just too long. He is also very much a threat for the 1080 bounty, and wouldn't surprise me if he is the one who gets it. And the fact that he is a MC rider tops it all off !!!

sizzler
08-17-2005, 08:18 AM
man...i gotta get me a dictionary :D

BriEOD
08-17-2005, 08:26 AM
You and me both Pete. :confused:

Scot
08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, sometimes I'll do a Super tick tock, a butt clincher, a toe whirl, or a noodle. If I'm really feeling sick I'll do all of these at the same time.

Just kidding, I realize the tricks have to named something by somebody.. That must have been pretty cool, (old school slang) to see it done while on the same boat.

JEREMY79
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM

I wakeboard and I am with you guys.

Here is my trick---as long as you land it nobody knows the diffrence.

peason
08-17-2005, 11:27 AM
What ever the names are - I bet it was very cool seeing this live!
I just got comfortable jumping the wake on my heel side and landing it- I am sure it doesn't help that I well over 200 lbs.
We have some "kids" on our lake that we always try to offer a pull to - just so we can see them fly off the wakes and land all sorts of stuff I can only dream of. We also want to inspire our children to try new things. These "boys" are super polite and it's fun to see them board!

bigmac
08-17-2005, 11:32 AM
man...i gotta get me a dictionary :D
You mean an English-English dictionary? :)

"England and America are two countries separated by a common language."
George Bernard Shaw

tones03
08-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah, sometimes I'll do a Super tick tock, a butt clincher, a toe whirl, or a noodle. If I'm really feeling sick I'll do all of these at the same time.

Just kidding, I realize the tricks have to named something by somebody.. That must have been pretty cool, (old school slang) to see it done while on the same boat.
I can do those too, plus the Oh S**T dance. I have no idea what those tricks Andrew does but must be amazing.

gr8smiles
08-17-2005, 02:57 PM

I've done a ton of 'butt clinchers', but usually just before I realize that I am about to major crash.... :uglyhamme

Ric
08-17-2005, 03:26 PM

it's all greek to me too :D
I pulled a guy who got into 38off several times and I was glad to see my boat perform like that!

I'm sure this guy's boss was just as proud!

RobertT
08-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Watching a pro from a boat is a very cool thing. I also get confused about the naming of tricks. I cant do many.

I can only do a few, and mastered only one...the one handed slider.

SKI*MC
08-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I have a funny story about a butt clincher, my 2 friends and i were going triples, and my dad took the speed all the way up to 42 MPH and my freind that was riding next to me just slipped out for some reason, he bounces off the water on his butt at leaste 3 times before he went into the water. Soory for the thread jack, but i thought i should say it... dude andrew adkison is amazing on a board!

RobertT
08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Clearly, you guys missed my joke:):):)

Ric
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Clearly, you guys missed my joke:):):)
I got it but was appalled and disgusted

RobertT
08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
:) sorry :)

Ric
08-17-2005, 06:58 PM
:) sorry :)
:purplaugh .

Farmer Ted
08-17-2005, 07:45 PM

foshizzle mai nizzle

howsyomammanddem

Cary K.
08-17-2005, 09:57 PM
howsyomammanddem

I thought that was a local saying. It is a typical greeting 'round here !!!

BriEOD
08-17-2005, 10:13 PM
foshizzle mai nizzle

howsyomammanddem
I think you need a mark down on your EPR in the communication block their big Tim.

Farmer Ted
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I think you need a mark down on your EPR in the communication block their big Tim.

Consistently Exceeds baby!!

"Firmly convinced he could nail Jell-O to a wall and make it stick if I asked him to--make this boy a SMSgt now!!"

BriEOD
08-18-2005, 10:22 AM
To funny man!!