PDA

View Full Version : Removing graphics

madcityskier
04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Was watching TTU 's thread about graphics and started wondering about this. Had to change the registration numbers on my 85 this year. The difference in color between the rest of the hull and the old numbers was significant. I know mines older than most, and a severe case of ocd regarding the boat has resulted in more layers of wax than just about anyone I know would consider "normal" can even fathom, which would contribute to the difference. Was able to minimize it with significant buffing. With the new numbers on you wouldn't notice unless you look. So the following questions are of interest to me.

1- How old have peoples boats been when they removed decals, and to what degree did they notice a discoloration?

2- Who has tried to "fix" the discoloration? I assume depending on the age buffing may suffice, and wet sanding should definitely take care of it, or so I would think. Anyone find that it blends after a little while?

Brian B
04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
I just removed all of my graphics on my 200 hour 10 year old X10 and save for the wax build up around the graphics, there's no discoloration noticeable..

madcityskier
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Did the wax have a slight yellowish hue? If so that's what I'm talking about.