PDA

View Full Version : OBD Connection

xbrdr1
04-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Does anyone have a pic of where to jump the paperclip in an LTR?

CantRepeat
04-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Does anyone have a pic of where to jump the paperclip in an LTR?

On this page, http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/MEFI/ go down to the DLC part and you can see what the connector looks like.

If you are trying to put the ECM in diagnostic mode you just jump the A and B terminals.

I'm no expert on LTRs so I don't know what MEFI you have or if you even have a DLC on that motor.

That page also has a great list of fault codes.

petermegan
04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I hope there isn't a copyright on this. I cut and pasted this when JIMN helped me with a miss on my LTR. Hope it helps. If you look closely there are very small letters on the connector. If you still need a photo let me know.

"You can check the codes yourself using a paper clip, bent in half so the ends are equal length. Insert the ends into terminals A and B of the ALDL (it's at the rear of the motor, near the ECM, and has a black/gray connector with a plastic cap on it). Turn the key to ON and watch the check engine light flash. It will start by flashing once, then twice (this designates 12)- it will do this three times before any codes are displayed and once the codes are shown, it will flash 12 again, three times. It it doesn't show anything but 12, it doesn't have any codes stored but it could still have a problem that won't cause the ECM to display anything. "

21 or 22 means it has a TPS issue
33 or 34 means it has a MAP sensor issue

xbrdr1
04-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Great, thanks! Any ideas before I try to capture the code? When I start the motor the light is not on. I can run up to 20-30mph and the light does NOT come on. I filled ballast and pulled a rider, the light came on when starting out and rpm's got up to about 3200. Light stays on the entire time. When I stop the boat and start it back up, the light is off.

Thanks for any insight.

CantRepeat
04-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Great, thanks! Any ideas before I try to capture the code? When I start the motor the light is not on. I can run up to 20-30mph and the light does NOT come on. I filled ballast and pulled a rider, the light came on when starting out and rpm's got up to about 3200. Light stays on the entire time. When I stop the boat and start it back up, the light is off.

Thanks for any insight.

This may sound odd, but have you check the oil level in the engine?

xbrdr1
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Oil level is fine.

xbrdr1
05-03-2012, 09:19 AM
hmmm..this is going to be tough to test since the light only comes on under way.
If Oil and Temp are ok:
knock sensor
MAF sensor
?