PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ZFT5P Tower Braces

bjames
04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Any idea when MC will start having the dealers install the braces for the PT? So far I have seen a photo of a 2012 X25 at a boat show with them installed, but Im a little surprised that boats arriving from the factory dont have them installed yet.

If they are available, i was hoping to request my dealer install them before taking delivery of my new X25.

ddanenberger
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
our dealer told us when we picked up the '12 it would be sometime November or December. They would also be changing the actuators at the same time. I heard this the entire time we have our '11...so?

TheWoons
04-27-2012, 12:42 AM
We just got our X25 and it did not have the changes. MC said Oct Nov

bjames
04-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I have to say Im a little surprised. I can wait on the actuators, but the corner braces IMO are important to prevent sway. I would think with abolt on part, they would be sending these to the dealers to install BEFORE people start taking their boats out. Hell, If they send me the parts, I'll install them myself ;)

TheWoons
04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
I have to say Im a little surprised. I can wait on the actuators, but the corner braces IMO are important to prevent sway. I would think with abolt on part, they would be sending these to the dealers to install BEFORE people start taking their boats out. Hell, If they send me the parts, I'll install them myself ;)

I agree and tried to get mine with them to start. After being out a few times though I can say my ZFT5P tower has less sway than the towers on my 09 and 10' X-Stars.