PDA

View Full Version : [newbie here] ZFT1 tower on X-2 folded height? anyone?

contraption
04-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm looking at buying a 2011 X-2, but have a low-clearance-height garage to get it in -- 81.5", maybe 82" max, clearance between the floor and the underside of the garage door.

If it isn't too much trouble, I'm wondering if any X-2 owners out there with the ZFT1 tower could do me a huge favor and measure from the ground to the highest point of the tower when it is folded down as far as it will go? Extra credit if you can also tell me the height from ground to the top of the windshield as well.

The boat I'm looking at is sitting on a MC double-axle trailer, if that matters. I'm guessing that it will be a tight squeeze.

Thanks!

Bruce

JulioX2
04-26-2012, 02:17 AM
You don't have enough clearance to get it in. You need at least the minimum of an 8 foot garage entrance.
I had an 8 foot garage door, and I had trouble barely clearing it. Had to deflate the tires. Also even with the tower down, you have to play with the board racks.
Hope that helps a little.

contraption
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Gah. Thanks JulioX2 - kind of what I was fearing. Do you think it would fit under 82" _without_ a tower (i.e. clear just the windshield)? Maybe I'll have to live without the tower...

JulioX2
04-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Not too sure on that. To be honest, I don't see the point of buying an X-series boat without the tower. I would ask the dealer to let me take the boat home and play around with it. Make it a condition of the sell. You'll never know until you have it on your driveway.

musicmd
09-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I just bought a 2004 X-10 and was assured by my dealer that the boat would fit through my standard garage door with the zero-flex tower folded down.

The truth is, it just fits. The tower has to be folder all the way down in the bow and the two "banana" shaped sections need to be removed each time. When that is done and the jack on the tongue is cranked all the way down, the tower barely touches the top of the door (which is about 82" tall. If it were 1/2" taller, I'd be SOL.

In fact, I'm thinking about buying a smaller profile wheel for the tongue jack so that the tongue will be a little lower and the clearance will be a bit better. But, there was about 30 minutes of extreme stress the first time I brought it home and we had to work through all the things which had to happen to get it to fit in our garage.