PDA

View Full Version : Marine Discharged...

Double D
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I know that there are rules but maybe we should give him a Medal!! I'm surprised this is the first I have heard of this happening given the current administration....

Quote: "Screw Obama and I will not follow all orders from him."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0425/Marine-discharged-for-slamming-Obama-on-Facebook

CantRepeat
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
It is regrettable, I would have hope more senior officers would have taken a different approach to handling this.

93Prostar190
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Personal opinions aside, he is still the Commander in Chief and you need to obey and respect the chain of command.

As an IT guy, Facebook sometimes make it too easy to open your mouth publicly.

Thanks for sharing ... .that is crazy.

-V-
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I remember a saying that my first Squad Leader ever told me after getting my @$$ chewed by my Platoon Leader(who was wrong).

"You don't have to respect the person, But you have to repect the rank."

Like 93Prostar190 said, he is still the Commander in Chief and everyone that was or is in has to abide by that. According to the UCMJ (Uniformed Code of Military Justice, laws we have to live by) even when you get out, there are some things that you are not allowed to do for a certain time period. Thats why you do not see people telling people off as they get out of the military more often.

2RLAKE
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
regrettable ... i respect the freedom of speech

thatsmrmastercraft
04-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't disagree with what the Sgt. had to say, but he should have known better. I have never been in the military, but know that he wasn't supposed to come out with something like that publicly. A sad ending for someone who devoted ten years of his life to serving our country.

puck_11
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
regrettable ... i respect the freedom of speech

Yeah we protect that freedom, but in doing so we give up many of our own freedoms:confused:

stuartmcnair
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
he had his freedom of speech...just not freedom from repurcussions of exercising that right.

I am as right as they come but you do not disrespect the office of the President.