PDA

View Full Version : Weathermen this year

willyt
04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Maybe it's just a central Ohio thing... But the good ole weathermen have just seemed to absolutely SUCK this spring in Columbus. I'm particularly pissed today as I was planning on making a trip out after work and there's a storm that I'm about 99% sure will hit us. Yesterday the forecast had a 10% chance of rain. I even need to run to the boat over lunch and stick my anti-pooling poles under the cover

Also, 2 nights ago they issued a freeze warning for the entire area, predicted low? 36 degrees. Now did someone change the freezing point of water and not tell me or what? decided to let the boat ride it out. Woke up in the middle of the night, got some water and checked the temp - 38, and no more mention of the freeze warning.

Countless examples I could mention, but is it just me, or a central Ohio thing? (or have they always been this bad and me just not notice?)

HMF007
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
You're not alone.

It's the only job where you don't get fired for getting it wrong every single day.

mikeg205
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
It was a long crap *** winter... and the weather sucks.... and i don't believe in the weatherman...I look at the maps myself... i.e. 30% chance of rain and i want to go out = 80% it will rain... if the temps are in the low seventies predicted and the sun will be shining I go out... unless its windy....

I am lucky I have inside storage.... sorry willty it's every where except like phoenix and la where its sunny and 80 all the time..

TOO-TALL
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Willy I feel the same way.some days they say its going to rain here and nothing happens.other times no rain and then it showers.4 days ago they were saying 70 and sunny by me now today they say 55 and cloudy......***!!! All weather men should be fired!!!

Jonb1822
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one that gets upset about this. I need a job where I can be wrong 80% of the time and not be scared of getting fired. :)

mzimme
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one that gets upset about this. I need a job where I can be wrong 80% of the time and not be scared of getting fired. :)

God ain't that the truth. It's one of the only jobs on the planet that you're not held accountable for.

JBrew
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
http://youtu.be/ktAKHww9wPo

g-Dog
04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
This is where I get my weather and news from. I'm not really sure what they're saying...but that's ok with me:D

93Prostar190
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Willy ---- > you want the current weather ... just poke your head outside and see for yourself.

It is a Central Ohio thing ..... like the snow they predict, their predictions blow.

No offense to any weatherman, or weather person, or anyone who has dated a weather person.
Also this statement was not meant to offend, or emulate anything related to or impacted by improper weather forecasting.

Happy Hour?

Double D
04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Maybe it's just a central Ohio thing... But the good ole weathermen have just seemed to absolutely SUCK this spring in Columbus. I'm particularly pissed today as I was planning on making a trip out after work and there's a storm that I'm about 99% sure will hit us. Yesterday the forecast had a 10% chance of rain. I even need to run to the boat over lunch and stick my anti-pooling poles under the cover

Also, 2 nights ago they issued a freeze warning for the entire area, predicted low? 36 degrees. Now did someone change the freezing point of water and not tell me or what? decided to let the boat ride it out. Woke up in the middle of the night, got some water and checked the temp - 38, and no more mention of the freeze warning.

Countless examples I could mention, but is it just me, or a central Ohio thing? (or have they always been this bad and me just not notice?)

Same up here in NE Ohio brother!! Its been a tough spring.... :mad:

Fast50dad
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
My college roomate had a good possible fix for this...they spend the first 5 minutes explaining how they dorked up today's weather forecast from yesterdays broadcast.

Tri4X2
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
This is where I get my weather and news from. I'm not really sure what they're saying...but that's ok with me:D

Telemundo??? I just mute the channel and watch....

Reasons I moved from Ohio to Austin.... Go BUCKS..... but I prefer the weather here MUCH more!!!

-V-
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Telemundo??? I just mute the channel and watch....

Reasons I moved from Ohio to Austin.... Go BUCKS..... but I prefer the weather here MUCH more!!!

Can't wait to get back to San Antonio and get back to Lake Austin. :D

93Prostar190
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Bonita .... Guapa ...... Ayyyyyyyyyyy .. Go Bucks is right.