PDA

View Full Version : Lost threads/post

Bouyhead
04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Maybe I'm losing it, but I can't find the thread I started yesterday. Title was; Finally a decent find on Craigslist,L.I. it was about a 94 Maristar. Thanks!

willyt
04-24-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure cam was having some problems with the views the mods were trying to create yesterday. I replied on a couple threads yesterday and my replies are gone this morning. I'm think they might have had to restore a backup version of teamtalk as of 2 days ago at some point.

I'm not a who moved my cheese kinda guy so I really don't care, just FYI. I'm sure it was a pia for them.

TTAdmin
04-24-2012, 09:03 AM
A file expansion effort lost sub-section data entirely. Late last night, we recovered and restored the data to the previous day. So, the threads and content have been returned to previous; however, we lost yesterday's Monday's) content in the process...apologies. Thanks for being patient-

CantRepeat
04-24-2012, 09:04 AM
I leave the more detailed stuff for an admin.

Long story short, there was a rollback/restore to get huge chunk of lost threads/post back. The restore was from a couple of days ago. So if you posted something in the last couple of days it's probably gone and we are all sorry about it. It is what it is at this point.

So, with that... please start posting your post in the "most" appropriate section. Anything dealing with how tos, maintenance, installations, up keep, please post it in the maintenance section.

If you are selling anything, it goes in the for sale section.

If you are posting something that does not relate to MC in general, it is off topic and should be posted in that area.

If you have an event that is in your area, that goes in the MC in your area.

Thanks for all the help.

LaRue
04-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your service! I felt a bit lost last night not being able to read TT.

93Prostar190
04-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Data loss ! OMG ! oh my ! ... yikes !!!! You guys are the )(*&^%%$$#@ ....

Wait a second ... sorry about that ... I thought I was still at work ... no worries ... thank you for restoring the site. We appreciate your work.

Great job with the restore ...... sometimes that even isn't possible.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

east tx skier
04-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Good work on getting things back. I'll spend today trying to recreate the palaver I spewed yesterday. ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Nice to see things back.

Cloaked
04-24-2012, 07:12 PM
The hierarchy of your Technical forum is messed up.

CantRepeat
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
The hierarchy of your Technical forum is messed up.

No, not really. They display this way because all of the sub forums are childs of the maintenance forum. The only two choices are to have them display the way they are now, or have them condensed so you would be forced to click on the maintenance forum to see the sub forums, which is how it was before and no one like it.

Take it or leave it, at least they are populated and expanded.

curtish
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Ok, good. I thought I was dreaming about posting yesterday.

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I appreciate ya'll deleting my post from this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sodar
05-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I appreciate ya'll deleting my post from this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I answered your post in Jim's ranting thread. Sell all the cupholders you want. Just keep it in the classifieds.

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I answered your post in Jim's ranting thread. Sell all the cupholders you want. Just keep it in the classifieds.

Oh I'll do that alright! You can count on it Mr. Page SIR! I mean Mr Rados SIR.

Sodar
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
P.S. I am not going to ban your a ss!

Sodar
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Let me reneg on my previous statement. I am not going to ban your a ss unless you keep calling me Mr. Page. :uglyhamme:

thatsmrmastercraft
05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
P.S. I am not going to ban your a ss!

Let me reneg on my previous statement. I am not going to ban your a ss unless you keep calling me Mr. Page. :uglyhamme:

No indecision here.:rolleyes:

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I've been trying to get banned from the Darkside for years now and to no avail! Hell, I've been banned from Mr Page's life, from my mother in law's house for a while, and probably a few others, so one more ban ain't gonna kill me. Might just make the wife unit happy that I couldn't come back on here anymore.

ski/hunt
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm VERY surprised my wife unit hasn't asked for me to be banned from both places yet!!! Maybe she has???!?!

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm VERY surprised my wife unit hasn't asked for me to be banned from both places yet!!! Maybe she has???!?!

She has. I'm working on it!:D:D:D

JohnE
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Ha. Since we already had a Harold Jr. you will have to settle for Mr. Page.

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Ha. Since we already had a Harold Jr. you will have to settle for Mr. Page.

Problem is..............He's NOT old enough to be a 'MR.' yet.:cry::huh:

Sodar
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
You got that right! I still haven't hit puberty!

You & Harold were pretty similar in age, right? ;)

JohnE
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
You & Harold were pretty similar in age, right? ;)

LMAO!!!!!!!

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!

I do believe he's a good bit older than I am. Although he certainly doesn't ACT like it!;)

Sodar
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I do believe he's a good bit older than I am. Although he certainly doesn't ACT like it!;)

So this brings full circle to the statement that "age is nothing but a state of mind?" :confused:

I am glad you are having so much fun with us!

SkiDog
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
So this brings full circle to the statement that "age is nothing but a state of mind?" :confused:

I am glad you are having so much fun with us!

NO, NO, NO! This is NOT supposed to be fun! The fun factor of THIS forum was squashed back when................. We're not supposed to have fun on here anymore, this is just a place to talk about impellars, oil, teak, and faulty trailers! Remember?

JohnE
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Exchanges like this have been missing for a long time here. All in fun, but the fun waned a while ago. Glad to see a little return.

SkiDog
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Exchanges like this have been missing for a long time here. All in fun, but the fun waned a while ago. Glad to see a little return.

Yea, and with THIS bunch of Hitlers, Ugh, I mean MODS, the fun will NEVER be back!:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Sodar
05-09-2012, 09:11 AM
You are so right Eddie!! The Mods have abolished all fun here. I cannot even count the number of posts they have deleted, people they have banned and threads that they have edited. I guess the ghost of Harold continues to live on! :)

SkiDog
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
You are so right Eddie!! The Mods have abolished all fun here. I cannot even count the number of posts they have deleted, people they have banned and threads that they have edited. I guess the ghost of Harold continues to live on! :)

I will say this, HE started it! After he got to where he was having health issues, he was a completely different person than when he started on here then became a MOD. it went downhill from there, IMO.;)

Sodar
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
As much as you disagree, this place is on the rebound. We've got tons of new people and the mods really do nothing but move threads to the right forum and keep things clean and organized. Hopefully this place returns to its glory and you can stop hanging out at that other place that gets about as much action as UMP does in leather pants!

:uglyhamme

east tx skier
05-09-2012, 03:14 PM
... and you can stop hanging out at that other place that gets about as much action as UMP does in leather pants!

Chortle. 8p

BriEOD
05-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Wow...

Things never change around here, do they? Speaking from experience, being a mod is no fun. I had some guy threaten to sue me and MC if I didn't remove someone's anti-Obama post. I think that was the final nail in the coffin for me. Moreover, I personally don't believe this site will ever be what it was in 2004-05 (before Eastie flipped on us). Just my .02.

CantRepeat
05-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Wow...

Things never change around here, do they? Speaking from experience, being a mod is no fun. I had some guy threaten to sue me and MC if I didn't remove someone's anti-Obama post. I think that was the final nail in the coffin for me. Moreover, I personally don't believe this site will ever be what it was in 2004-05 (before Eastie flipped on us). Just my .02.

It pretty much blows.

I hope you kept bumping the thread and quoting the post!!! :D

So we can blame Eastie for the down fall?

coz
05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
NO, NO, NO! This is NOT supposed to be fun! The fun factor of THIS forum was squashed back when................. We're not supposed to have fun on here anymore, this is just a place to talk about impellars, oil, teak, and faulty trailers! Remember?

You forgot broken ballasts, those are ok to talk about too.......right?? :confused:

SkiDog
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
As much as you disagree, this place is on the rebound. We've got tons of new people and the mods really do nothing but move threads to the right forum and keep things clean and organized. Hopefully this place returns to its glory and you can stop hanging out at that other place that gets about as much action as UMP does in leather pants!

Thats THE reason for the OTHER site you speak of, which you USED to be an intricate part of.
I don't disagree totally concerning that, but it may be rebounding, but it'll NEVER be like it was when we all first got started here.

And yea, there's only a few of us left at the OTHER site, BUT, we got a great get-together planned for this June. can't wait.