PDA

View Full Version : Will the X7 throw a decent wakeboard wake weighted?

skithepowder
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I know the Mastercraft X7 is essentially a ski boat with a bit of ballast, a tower and some X graphics. But if you throw in a few fat sacs and weight it with 2K+ will it throw a decent wake? We are looking for a boat that will throw a decent slalom ski wake and when weighted properly will also throw a half decent wakeboard wake. Experience/pictures/opinions welcome! Thanks

lettmeknow
04-22-2012, 06:19 PM
I dont have any experience with added weight to a 197, but 2000 lbs seems like too much for the boat. If your only seeking a "decent slalom" wake, get something else that can hold weight like an x9 or x14.

gatorguy
04-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes, it will. The club by us runs an x7, and there are guys out there doing all kinds of tricks. As for myself, I only ever jump wake-wake, and can hardly even do that. Most my time is on a slalom stick.

197 TT
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I run a rear fat seat and a tube sac up front in mine, I figure it's about 1750 total, it throws a pretty good wake, but it's a lot for that size boat, mine perfect pass struggles to maintain speed a little, RPM mode seems to work the best....

CumberlandXstar
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
The first 2 years I was on the UT wakeboard team we had a 197, because we shared with the ski team, but we used to put a phat seat across the back and a 600 lb sack on each side of the motor. There were plenty of us doing mobes behind that boat. The MCX with the stock prop would pull it well. The wake was alright, but I had an X-star at home so it wasn't really far.

neil.anderson63
04-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I have an '05 X9. I ski and the kids ride. We use 2 sacks - 1 under the back seat and one in the center locker. Not fantastic, but we are able to surf and the kids are doing inverts.

Age Fighter
04-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I have an '05 X9. I ski and the kids ride. We use 2 sacks - 1 under the back seat and one in the center locker. Not fantastic, but we are able to surf and the kids are doing inverts.

Yes, the X-9 is serviceable as a wake and even a surf boat - but it is nothing like the X-7.