PDA

View Full Version : B.I.G./Viper Update

Jonb1822
04-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Can anyone direct me where I can find an update for the BIG/Viper system or does the dealer have to do this?

PeterN
06-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Bringing up this thread again....

My 2012 BIG display is buggy (messing up riders list and others) and I'd like to update the system. The display is expecting a file "SmartTouchApp.mem" to update the system via USB but I can't find any information where to download it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jonb1822
06-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I found out you have to get it from your dealer. They can email it to you and then you can plug in a flash drive, turn on the key and it will update.

PeterN
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot, I asked him already and he don't have a glue ;-)

Obviously the center gauge is to replace:

Right now it looks like the "GDIG" (center gauge) is the first device in the computerr circuit. They believe the controller in the guage is causing communication errors with the BIG.
(source: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=841843&postcount=3)

bjames
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I talked to the Service manager from my dealer on the weekend. He has not heard or seen any firmware updates for the 2012 BIG yet. The software update would have to come from Medalion.

Stefan
06-20-2012, 04:37 AM
just to let you guys know what my GDIG does, watch the speedo un comparison with the RPM's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuhqfE1G374

AZX45OD
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
My dealer ended up ordering a new cpu for my 2012 BIG screen. I will be picking up the boat today. We'll see if it is any better. Mine worked "ok" initially, but then would no longer allow me to select riders, etc. I'll let you know what happens...

ddanenberger
06-20-2012, 04:45 PM
My dealer ended up ordering a new cpu for my 2012 BIG screen. I will be picking up the boat today. We'll see if it is any better. Mine worked "ok" initially, but then would no longer allow me to select riders, etc. I'll let you know what happens...

New BIG. new GDIG. New paddle wheel. 1 hour 30 minutes and no issues

Stefan
06-21-2012, 01:31 PM
just to let you guys know what my GDIG does, watch the speedo un comparison with the RPM's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuhqfE1G374

Switched the GDIG at the dealership today, and in a first brief test suddenly all my problems are gone! My cruise works nearly perfect, my surftabs extend all the way to 100% and stay there, and my speedo works like it should. A BIG THANKS to everyone involved :-) now we'll just have to wait for a BIG update to fix the issues there...
btw. the most recent GDIG Firmware the new boats get seems to be V0.23

oh and one more thing:
Mastercraft:
you should NOT charge the dealers for use/aquisiton of Firmware update devices, the buggy firmware is not their fault, so why should they have to pay for the tools to fix it? That's just bad politics!

AZX45OD
06-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I just spent a week with my new BIG screen at Powell. It worked great and solved my issues. My previous one would no longer allow me to select riders. I was waiting for a "software update" to fix it, but the dealer had MC send a whole new CPU and BIG, which I guess are all one unit.

Stefan
06-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Can you post the software Version of your new BIG and GDIG?

Thanks very much