PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Boat Shipping?

Masterwake1987
04-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello All,

What is the cheapest company to use to ship a boat?

Thanks

Hogwild
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM
You could give Uship a try. Transporters will bid on it. But be sure to check their ratings and reviews before just going with the lowest cost.

Masterwake1987
04-21-2012, 10:48 AM
You could give Uship a try. Transporters will bid on it. But be sure to check their ratings and reviews before just going with the lowest cost.

It seems to be from my research that they are expensive, but again this could just be the bid that I received

Hogwild
04-22-2012, 12:58 AM
You should receive several bids. There are a bunch of different independent transporters that will make offers so I would give it a little while.

Jim@BAWS
04-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Hello All,

What is the cheapest company to use to ship a boat?

Thanks

Cheapest is not the best or the most reliable

Where is the boat you are having shipped located? Where is it going to?

We have had customers use U SHIP. At the end of the transaction the customer gets to rate the shipping experience. I have heard some horror stories. Boats picked up late, delivered late
etc...cheapest is not the best way to go!!!

Jim

georgea0731
04-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm sure you've got good experiences with a company or two that you could easily recommend.
Thanks and best wishes,

fentong
04-22-2012, 12:49 PM
My 2 cents! I used Uship and was extremely happy with the transaction. Atlanta to Buffalo for around $700. As someone else pointed out, do your homework and check the shipper's references (ratings). Also, I had the seller drop the boat / trailer off at a Mastercraft dealer to have the trailer serviced before the trip. I even bought a spare tire / wheel assembly to mitigate risk.

Masterwake1987
04-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Boat is located in New York and is going to Minnesota

kyfooter
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I used Uship with great results and a very fair price. Post it 2-3 weeks in advance and you should receive several bidders.

Ski-me
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I used UShip and basically, just pay attention to the transporter and their reviews. Take your time and don't pick the cheapest. Review his history to be sure he's done these type of shipments.

I paid $950 from Carson City, NV to Colorado Springs, CO.

My guy was great and checked the hubs at every stop to be sure they weren't heating up too much (watching the bearings). It's also nice to have a spare tire for them. Be sure it's full too!