PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Malinowski's 2010 X-Star for sale

bjames
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I just saw that Martin Motor Sports in Saskatoon has Rusty Malinowski's 2010 X-Star for sale. It still has his Rock Star sponsor decals on it. I wonder if it still has his ride preferences saved in the BIG:rolleyes:

http://www.martinmotorsports.ca/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02080194X4K20K2012J9I48 I43JAMQ4362R0&veh=148410&pov=2640390

willyt
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Yikes, talk about a boat that's had some weight in it.

L18 2010? Those puppies are rare.

Would be interesting to see what kind of condition it's in. I've seen pro boats that have been totally trashed, but everything anyone's ever said about rusty would lead me to hope that she's been well taken care of

BrianT
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I wonder how MMS in 'toon got that one?

mlawler34
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I love the red wrapped poles on the tower. Where can i get my hands on something like that???

bobx1
04-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Slight thread jack but.....

When I first saw boats with Mocha interiors, I was not a fan but those colors are really starting to grow on me.

Kind of funny when people (specifically me) see new colors or towers or windsheilds or pickle forks or......and then a little time passes and you become a fan.

19_Skier
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I wonder how MMS in 'toon got that one?

Rusty was born and raised in Humboldt Saskatchewan - just east of Saskatoon, maybe he order's his boats through them? Not sure how it works with sponsored riders...

Millertime
04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
His brother manages the MMS in Saskatoon.

Millertime
04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I wonder what Rusty's driving now?

bcboy
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I love the red wrapped poles on the tower. Where can i get my hands on something like that???
Living Mastercraft....Proshop!

BrianT
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
His brother manages the MMS in Saskatoon.

Didnt know that..... learn something new everyday. That answers why and how MMS got the boat then.

19_Skier
04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Didnt know that..... learn something new everyday. That answers why and how MMS got the boat then.

Yep, best take the rest of the day off now - don't want to overachieve! :friday:

bjames
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Rusty was born and raised in Humboldt Saskatchewan - just east of Saskatoon, maybe he order's his boats through them? Not sure how it works with sponsored riders...

It mentions that this was a demo boat for Rusty. So I assume that the boat was given to him to use as a free 460hour demo :D

If you look really close it appears that there is some damage to the passenger seat back - almost looks like a repaird tear. but then again it could just be the photo. I see that it also includes the additional ballast bags, I tell you, it would sure be interesting owning that setup :)

Fab
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
A setup of 10 fat sacks for a wake that would kill any average wakeboarder, i DO need it ! :)

SteveO
04-20-2012, 05:31 PM
While the idea of having a boat "owned" by a world class athlete like Rusty, or Harley would be cool, the reality is you couldn't pay me enough to own it. These boats were most often ran hard and put up wet...literally. As much of a class act as many of these guys are, they have the boat to ride behind. One thing I can almost guarantee you would never hear at the end of the day is Rusty asking Harley, "hey would you help me wipe down and use this spray cleaner all over my free 120K boat" :) They fill the tanks and the extra 4000lbs of ballast at the beginning of the season and my guess is they never empty them until they have to return it to MC.

snork
04-20-2012, 06:09 PM
hows the altitude SteveO

bjames
04-20-2012, 06:17 PM
While the idea of having a boat "owned" by a world class athlete like Rusty, or Harley would be cool, the reality is you couldn't pay me enough to own it. These boats were most often ran hard and put up wet...literally. As much of a class act as many of these guys are, they have the boat to ride behind. One thing I can almost guarantee you would never hear at the end of the day is Rusty asking Harley, "hey would you help me wipe down and use this spray cleaner all over my free 120K boat" :) They fill the tanks and the extra 4000lbs of ballast at the beginning of the season and my guess is they never empty them until they have to return it to MC.

My thought too.. Lets face it, to these guys the boats are more utilitarian, whereby for most of us paying that much for a new boat tend to baby our investments. I wonder if the pro's have to pay for their boats to be serviced or repair.. probably not.:rolleyes:

JLowder
04-20-2012, 06:32 PM

Exactly! This boat might as well be a fleet vehicle. The pro's use there boats like a tow truck driver uses his rig. At the end of the day, it's work. If those seats could talk, imagine the stories though. :D

skishack90
04-21-2012, 10:35 AM
If you go to the mastercraft store link from this website you can find ways to make your tower all different kinds of colors. Everything from the panels to the joints can be changed to almost any color out there.

jakethebt
04-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Slight thread jack but.....

When I first saw boats with Mocha interiors, I was not a fan but those colors are really starting to grow on me.

Kind of funny when people (specifically me) see new colors or towers or windsheilds or pickle forks or......and then a little time passes and you become a fan.

I agree how things grow on you over time... I guess I need more time for the Mocha...

Cloaked
04-21-2012, 11:50 AM
While the idea of having a boat "owned" by a world class athlete like Rusty, or Harley would be cool, the reality is you couldn't pay me enough to own it. These boats were most often ran hard and put up wet...literally. As much of a class act as many of these guys are, they have the boat to ride behind. One thing I can almost guarantee you would never hear at the end of the day is Rusty asking Harley, "hey would you help me wipe down and use this spray cleaner all over my free 120K boat" :) They fill the tanks and the extra 4000lbs of ballast at the beginning of the season and my guess is they never empty them until they have to return it to MC.Agreed 100%. That and a ski school boat...

SkiDog's boat is for sale and he too is a rock star. I'd much rather hear his seats talk....and have that nice Prostar 190.

SkiDog
04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Agreed 100%. That and a ski school boat...

SkiDog's boat is for sale and he too is a rock star. I'd much rather hear his seats talk....and have that nice Prostar 190.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:You da man Cloaked!