PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Prostar 205 Blower Hose Location

joyner1020
04-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I am in the process of putting everything back together on the 205 . The old blower hose was missing when I purchased the boat .
My question is ....
I know that the hose connects to the backside of the blower and runs to the rear of the boat , behind the tank and up to the vent {s} ...?
There are 2 vents on the back of the prostar on the top cap of the boat . Which one of these vents do I connect to ? There is a 3 inch hole on each vent obviously for the blower hose , but do I just run it to one of the holes or both , and if both, how the H*LL do I do that with just one hose running back there from the blower .

My other question is the routing of the hose under the driver and passenger consoles ..
There is a vent on either side of the boat right by the windshield , I know the hose connects to the backside of these vents , but then where do they route to ..??
Do they go down through the wire pass throughs twards the bildge just to let fresh air in there or do they connect to something ?

I can post pics if this is hard to understand , but im sure if someone has done a complete hose overhaul , they will know what im talking about .. Getting really close to getting this thing in the water and seeing what she will do ... I have sanded , glassed , buffed , polished , replaced and somewhere in the middle I went to work , ate , slept and sh*t ...I need a break and that break will be when this thing is DONE and my butt is floating in it .

east tx skier
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
It's on the port side of the motor and runs inside the stringers. Not sure what the plumbing looks like as it nears the transom.

I would just get a pvc coupling at the hardware store to split the hose to each vent. When we replaced a portion of ours, we used dryer exhaust hose.

On the air intakes, yes, they go through the pass throughs into the bilge. I don't know that they connect to anything. I don't see that they would need to. Just providing fresh air to the motor.

joyner1020
04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the quick response, I knew U would know .
I figured the thing split into both of them , but didnt know how , I guess I will rig something up and make it pretty . Again thanks for the quick response , thats why I love this site .. I looked for the locations on here last night , but coudnt seem to find them . This will get me moving in the right direction ...

dfski
04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
IIRC the hose from the blower only connects to one vent. I donít remember for sure, but there may be a short piece of hose connected to the other vent. Iím guessing the second vent is to vent the fuel tank area and the blower vents the engine compartment. If you would like, I can check on mine this weekend.

east tx skier
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
If it is only one vent, I'm pretty sure it's the starboard one. Sorry for the misdirection.

ski/hunt
04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
On my 96 205 one rear vent gets the blower hose. The other vent has enough hose to get to the bottom edge of fuel tank--likely to vent the fuel cell area. The front vents both end up in the engine compartment for fresh air.

joyner1020
04-20-2012, 02:56 PM
On my 96 205 one rear vent gets the blower hose. The other vent has enough hose to get to the bottom edge of fuel tank--likely to vent the fuel cell area. The front vents both end up in the engine compartment for fresh air.

I did what SKI/HUNT says :::

Thanks for the help guys , I ended up putting the one vent to the blower and the other I put enough to let it hang down about 8 inches from the floor behind the gas tank . As for the hose under the consoles I ran enough tward the bildge that it will send the airflow into the bildge and not under the consoles ...

Thanks for all the quick replys and the help ..She will be ready to show her stuff soon !!
Just got all guages wired up last night and got the dash bolted in after alot of glass work to the old factory dash pieces . Bolting all the through hulls in and putting on hoses and misc . stuff now that shes all buffed and pretty like . WONT BE LONG ........:D