PDA

View Full Version : 1990 MC yada yada

motomutt
08-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm brand new to this *****in site and just bought a 1990 MC PS190. I'm looking for a tune up guide (dwell, gap, carb settings, etc) for an indmar 351. I looked thru the downloads and came up nada. Also, the current prob. seeems to be carburation. Hard to start cold and hesitates (as in damn near stalls) if I go full throttle out of the hole. I know it needs a tune up and that's gonna happen today (the local shops aren't much help and want me to bring it in. . Duh.) Any and all help and advice to a first time owner / competant wrench is greatly appreciated. Any words of wisdom from you long-timers is also real good. Thanks. Motomutt

Kevin 89MC
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Indmar.com does have a few items on their website - look in the FAQ which is under the "wrench" icon. They have point gap, dwell, ign timing, plug gap, etc. They also offer a complete engine manual (including trans) for $30, I got one, worth it in my mind.
Lots of posts on carb issues, some recent. Lots of very helpful, and knowledgeable, folks here.
A lot of folks (me included) have gone to electronic ignition. The previous owner did it on mine, so I can't offer comparisions, but there's a lot of old posts on here about it. Not too hard, not too much $, liked by most who did it.
Welcome, I'm pretty new here too, so far I've learned a ton.
Kevin

Workin' 4 Toys
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm brand new to this *****in site and just bought a 1990 MC PS190. I'm looking for a tune up guide (dwell, gap, carb settings, etc) for an indmar 351. I looked thru the downloads and came up nada. Also, the current prob. seeems to be carburation. Hard to start cold and hesitates (as in damn near stalls) if I go full throttle out of the hole. I know it needs a tune up and that's gonna happen today (the local shops aren't much help and want me to bring it in. . Duh.) Any and all help and advice to a first time owner / competant wrench is greatly appreciated. Any words of wisdom from you long-timers is also real good. Thanks. Motomutt
I must be confused about what you want. Do you need help finding a manual, help tuning the carb, help with a tune up?
The carb should be gone through. It should start with one or two pumps of the throttle with a touch of throttle left in it, then warm up in neutral.
The carb in my opinion should never need replacement, only a rebuild, unless it is seriously corroded for whatever reason. Put some plugs in it have the carb rebuilt and dialed in, and try it out. I have had good carb people, and bad ones. There is a huge difference in performance and reliability from someone that is into it. I would personally never do my own carb again after watching someone that knows how to rebuild them and set them up for that exact application. Leaking fuel and boats don't go together!!

Ric
08-16-2005, 02:17 PM
****in welcome to the ****in site mutt :toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
****in welcome to the ****in site mutt :toast:
You make me laugh Bro!!!

6ballsisall
08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm brand new to this *****in site and just bought a 1990 MC PS190.

So was it really ****ing necessary to use that term or are you in the movie business and paid everytime you use that word? :popcorn:

Welcome I guess :confused:

BriEOD
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.skidim.com/

These guys can answer any question you can throw at them about your motor. They can fax or email you specs, get you parts and trouble shoot things over the phone for you (free of charge). They have some of the best customer service I have ever received from anyone.

Leroy
08-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Enginenut posted a pdf file of this stuff also, but looks like the attachment is now gone. Does anyone have the &*&#* file!

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2491&page=2&pp=10

motomutt
08-18-2005, 02:37 AM
All I used was an adjective that describes a female dog. Sorry to offend. Motomutt

sizzler
08-18-2005, 02:40 AM
we are a sensitive bunch on here.....welcome to the board

redmike
08-18-2005, 09:04 AM
moto, if you go to the downloads section, there is a manual for an 88 ps 190, it has tune up specs, or like stated above, someone else has posted specs from indmar...oh, and welcome!

typhun
08-22-2005, 02:33 AM
I would like to have the PDF EnigineNut put together also. Any chance we can get it available for download again?

jimmer2880
08-22-2005, 06:47 AM
If you PM me your email address, I will email it to you.

Ric
08-29-2005, 06:24 PM
All I used was an adjective that describes a female dog. Sorry to offend. Motomutt
:purplaugh .