PDA

View Full Version : Leather/Vinyl Cleaning

Masterwake1987
04-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey Guys,

At the end of last season I was doing a bunch of work on the engine. There was alot of rust water that happened to get on the seats and seems to have stained it a light orange/red color. Any ideas how to get it out? Current seat color is white. Thanks.

-Aaron

Fletchx7
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I've had really good luck with 303 Vinyl/Fabric Cleaner. It's concentrated, so I usually mix up a batch per the directions but I have also used the concentrate on tough stains. It does take a little bit of elbow grease, but I managed to get a brown stain out of my white vinyl. I always spray the treated area down with water really good before I add 303 protectant.

russlars
04-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Magic Eraser has worked well for me. Just don't get too aggressive with it and follow it up with some 303 vinyl protectant.

vogelm1
04-19-2012, 09:13 PM
You will be surprised at what effect the sun has on it too - clean it best you can with above mentioned methods, and I'd bet the sun fades away the rest after a couple sessions on the water.

tstoll
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
I use LA's Totally awesome can be purchased at any store that has the word dollar in it. Dilute it half and half with water spray and scrub there is nothing I haven't been able to get out with this stuff. Its $1 and is very similar to malco vinyl cleaner that is $30 make sure you follow up with 303 protectant or some sort of conditioner/protectant it will dry out your seats I use it twice a year as to not dry out the vinyl. The stuff works wonders though. Good luck

east tx skier
04-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll second leaving it out in the sun for a day. Magic Eraser is an absolute last resort. It will remove lots of stains, but it also removes the top layer of the vinyl as well.