PDA

View Full Version : I live by these rules

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 04:17 PM
when it comes to my rights to concealed carry!
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/04/3741-13-politically-incorrect-gun-rules/

oxberger
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
There are only a handful of other rules to live but those are high on the list. The other rules are the top 10 as seen in a really cool Book and another rule given to us by a cool guy depicted with long hair, a beard, and loved the water (he actually walked on it too).

thatsmrmastercraft
04-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Nice find.:toast:

GT500 MC
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I like this. Ironic--just bought my first handgun last week, S&W MP9mm. Love it. Sweet gun.

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
There are only a handful of other rules to live but those are high on the list. The other rules are the top 10 as seen in a really cool Book and another rule given to us by a cool guy depicted with long hair, a beard, and loved the water (he actually walked on it too).

I hear ya! I listen to him first!

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I like this. Ironic--just bought my first handgun last week, S&W MP9mm. Love it. Sweet gun.

Congrats!
Please go to the range and shoot as much as possible, learn your weapon inside and out. Make it a reflex to shoot, not a though process. Also, read the laws in your state regarding concealed carry.

tommcat
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM

a friend of mine was in charge of the development of that gun. you are correct, they are sweet. i carry a compact in .40

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
a friend of mine was in charge of the development of that gun. you are correct, they are sweet. i carry a compact in .40

Think you can get me a good deal on a Compact .40?

GT500 MC
04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Congrats!
Please go to the range and shoot as much as possible, learn your weapon inside and out. Make it a reflex to shoot, not a though process. Also, read the laws in your state regarding concealed carry.

That is the plan. I don't even have any rounds for it yet though.
I'm scheduled to take a couple of classes (safety, break-down, cleaning, etc.), including the concealed weapons permit, though I do not intend to carry. Again, more for just informational purposes. My wife wants to do the same, including time at the range.

Fast50dad
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM

A good little related joke:

A guy cruises thru a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman. He hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed carry permit.
"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?"
"Yes, I am."
"Well then, better tell me what you got."
Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket. There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my right boot."
"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"
"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."
"Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"
"Nope."
"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"
"Not a damn thing..."

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 08:27 PM
A good little related joke:

A guy cruises thru a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman. He hands the cop his driver's license, insurance verification, plus his concealed carry permit.
"Okay, Mr. Smith," the cop says, "I see your CCW permit. Are you carrying today?"
"Yes, I am."
"Well then, better tell me what you got."
Smith says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket. There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my right boot."
"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"
"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."
"Mr. Smith, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"
"Nope."
"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"
"Not a damn thing..."

Ha, thats great!

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
That is the plan. I don't even have any rounds for it yet though.
I'm scheduled to take a couple of classes (safety, break-down, cleaning, etc.), including the concealed weapons permit, though I do not intend to carry. Again, more for just informational purposes. My wife wants to do the same, including time at the range.

I have to say, I never leave home without my .380... I'm glad to hear you sound on the right... One question, why do you have no intent to carry?

mikeg205
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
You what the scouts say .... Be Prepared.... :)

GT500 MC
04-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I have to say, I never leave home without my .380... I'm glad to hear you sound on the right... One question, why do you have no intent to carry?

No particular reason. Who knows, after I go through the class and spend some time at the range and get more comfortable I may.

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I say you have the makings to be a fine armed citizen with all the training and level headedness it takes to help us protect our right to bear arms. I have seen too much to not carry. Its now like my wrist watch, I feel naked with it. Good luck and let us know how you feel after putting a few rounds through your gun.

DooSPX
04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
You what the scouts say .... Be Prepared.... :)

As they say...

I say, "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy" :cool:

curtish
04-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Couldn't agree more! And vote!!

tommcat
04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Think you can get me a good deal on a Compact .40?not out of state. our laws here in MA are ridiculous

coz
04-20-2012, 08:30 AM
No permits here in Az needed to carry concealed, everyone's packing out here :headbang:

havinfun
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Doo,
The only reason cops have guns is to protect them selves. Which is why we need to be armed. I just wish it wasn't such a pain in the a-- to get a permit here in California.

SkiDog
04-20-2012, 09:42 AM
No permits here in Az needed to carry concealed, everyone's packing out here :headbang:

Thats the way it should be in every state!

DooSPX
04-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Doo,
The only reason cops have guns is to protect them selves. Which is why we need to be armed. I just wish it wasn't such a pain in the a-- to get a permit here in California.

Oh I know, I know quite a few offices from State to City....

DooSPX
04-20-2012, 09:56 AM

No kidding Dog!

JimN
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
As they say...

I say, "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy" :cool:

And slow, usually. It's from eating all of that "Police Food", AKA donuts.

JimN
04-20-2012, 10:04 AM

That would be fine for the law-abiding, but it would also arm more people who are on the fence about committing crimes while armed. If it was OK to carry without a permit and the requirements that go with it, more people would and in certain cities, that would be a very bad thing.

mzimme
04-20-2012, 10:06 AM
In Missouri we can open carry without a permit. I don't, however.

I do want to get my CCW at some point. At the moment I keep a .380 in my car (which is legal), but I don't have it on my person at all times.

DemolitionMan
04-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Great rules to live by.

dfmaus
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Amen - just got my CCW and first pistol last month.

Great rules to live by.

2RLAKE
04-20-2012, 11:29 AM
i am proud to say that my wife, in addition to me, is a proud and active CCW individual ... always better to be prepared ....

Somewhat funny story ... I recently got a speeding ticket while driving linda's X5 ... went through the CCW protocol when the sheriff approached the car and informed him i have a CCW and have my wife's 9mm in the console ... well let's just say he is fully supportive of people exercising their rights to carry and we had a great conversation about how to get his wife a CCW ... even asked for my home phone number in case his wife wanted to talk to mine

mzimme
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
So... did he still give you the ticket?

Forrest-X45
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM

Which .380 do you carry? I have been researching smaller caliber guns for something lighter and smaller to carry. I really like the S&W Bodyguard but my buddies are giving me crap about it being to small and not having any take down power because it is only a .380.

oxberger
04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Only a .380. lol. It's not the caliber that kills it's the placement. You can be killed quicker with a well placed .22 that a bad placed .380. If that's the caliber that suits you, you practice with it and the ammo you're going to carry, I don't see whay it would be a good ccw weapon. There's also alo to be said regarding the grain and amount of powder in the ammo. I wouldn't laugh at it.

JimN
04-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Only a .380. lol. It's not the caliber that kills it's the placement. You can be killed quicker with a well placed .22 that a bad placed .380. If that's the caliber that suits you, you practice with it and the ammo you're going to carry, I don't see whay it would be a good ccw weapon. There's also alo to be said regarding the grain and amount of powder in the ammo. I wouldn't laugh at it.

I was thinking the same thing as I was driving home. If you hit someone with a .22 and it's not well-placed, it only pi$$es them off.

oxberger
04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing as I was driving home. If you hit someone with a .22 and it's not well-placed, it only pi$$es them off.

Practice, practice, practice. That way you don't piss them off and they won't complain about being hit either.:D I'm curious as to what everyone is carrying. I don't have one yet, but looking. I've shot a Glock 26 .40 but want to try out a Springfield Armory XD40. So who is carrying what?

DooSPX
04-20-2012, 05:04 PM
.22's kill more people than a .45 or .9

Everyone thinks a .22 is a sissy round, trust me its not.

I trust a .380 HP LE 90grain round to drop someone in the right spot

@Forrest, its a Keltec P-3AT
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/p-3at/

pmkkdx
04-20-2012, 05:05 PM
various here ... couple of Beretta 9mm, Colt 38 snub & 357 magnum, Springfield 1911 45, Dan Wesson 357 Maximum (not magnum) with 10 inch target barrel (carry during deer hunting season for deer & hogs), plus an assortment of 22s.

ski/hunt
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I used to think the same about the 380 until I bought the ruger LCP. With some heavy grain powder and bullets shooting at the range I became confident it is enough for its size and ability to fit in the front pocket on all my pants!! Put it this way I'd never NEVER want to get shot by a 380!!!!
I also equip my hand guns with crimson trace lazer sights just to give any potential "bad guy" the chance to run at the fact I'm "dangerous"....:^)

DooSPX
04-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I do not want to get shot by anything...

tommcat
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Which .380 do you carry? I have been researching smaller caliber guns for something lighter and smaller to carry. I really like the S&W Bodyguard but my buddies are giving me crap about it being to small and not having any take down power because it is only a .380.if i need something real small for better concealed carry i would take a revolver with 38+P+ long before a .380 any day of the week. a j-frame smith and wesson would be my choice.
if you really want an auto, look at the new M&P Shield. full size power in a very small gun

tommcat
04-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Only a .380. lol. It's not the caliber that kills it's the placement.but in a high stress, life and death situation you will not likely be making a very well placed shot. at that point a center of mass shot is all you're going for and more caliber equals more chance of getting the job done.

mzimme
04-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I do not want to get shot by anything...

Me either. I don't care if it's a BB gun or a .50 cal. Getting shot just isn't high on my list of wishes.

tommcat
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Dan Wesson 357 Maximum (not magnum) with 10 inch target barrel (carry during deer hunting season for deer & hogs).nicest revolvers ever made in my opinion. they used to be made right down the street from my house where i grew up. the Wesson family lived there as well so for as scarce as they are in general i actually had a lot of them available to shoot growing up.
my favorite was the full 357 kit with all the interchangeable barrels in the case.

dfmaus
04-20-2012, 09:51 PM
The M&P Shield looks like a great gun. Does anyone have any experience with Colt Mustang?

if i need something real small for better concealed carry i would take a revolver with 38+P+ long before a .380 any day of the week. a j-frame smith and wesson would be my choice.
if you really want an auto, look at the new M&P Shield. full size power in a very small gun

tommcat
04-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Colt Mustang?not a fan of it

2RLAKE
04-20-2012, 10:44 PM
So... did he still give you the ticket?

55 in a 35 .... yep

2RLAKE
04-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Which .380 do you carry? I have been researching smaller caliber guns for something lighter and smaller to carry. I really like the S&W Bodyguard but my buddies are giving me crap about it being to small and not having any take down power because it is only a .380.

I have a 380 bodyguard .. nice pocket pistol ... my wife also carries it sometimes .. fits in her purse

its all about accuracy and bullets ... using the new bullets such as the Hornady critical defense is a must ... and practice practice practice

1redTA
04-20-2012, 11:49 PM
This is a great thread to see with all the political goings on. That being said, I have carried a G27(Glock sub compact .40 caliber) for about 8 years under my TN carry permit and need to get my Florida CCW to continue.

The G27 has given me not one problem at the range after 2500+ rounds of good rounds or crappy Blazer rounds from Walmart and still looks like new thanks to the Phoebus hard case

tommcat
04-21-2012, 11:24 AM
This is a great thread to see with all the political goings on. That being said, I have carried a G27(Glock sub compact .40 caliber) for about 8 years under my TN carry permit and need to get my Florida CCW to continue.

The G27 has given me not one problem at the range after 2500+ rounds of good rounds or crappy Blazer rounds from Walmart and still looks like new thanks to the Phoebus hard case

the 27 is a great concealed carry piece. lots of bang in a little package.
i shot, competed in IDPA and carried glocks(23) for years before i got to try the M&P and for as well as i shot the glocks i actually shoot the M&P a little better. give one a try if you get the chance

JimN
04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
under my TN carry permit and need to get my Florida CCW to continue.

Does the Nevada permit work in FLA and TN?

DooSPX
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Does the Nevada permit work in FLA and TN?

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

ski/hunt
04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
My most recent companion....7796877969
LCR 357

ski/hunt
04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I have carried a LCP 380 for a couple years--I might just carry both now!!
Beware criminals---I'm dangerous....:^)7797077971

2RLAKE
04-25-2012, 11:00 PM
very nice!

GT500 MC
05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Anyone on here fly within the U.S. and check your handgun? I've looked up all of the TSA as well as the specific airlines requirements--looks like it has to be unloaded in a locked, hard-sided case and declared at the ticket counter. Fill out a form w/TSA and sounds like about it. Was wondering if you get a difficult time w/TSA or if it's pretty simple? Also been hearing there's a fair amount of theft (presumably from airport employees) due to the luggage specifying contents but wanted to see others input. My case would then be going within another piece of luggage that would also be locked.

2RLAKE
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM
never checked a handgun, but have checked rifles and shotguns several times and basically without issue. I've gotten airline agents and a TSA agent who wanted to share their views of guns with me, but i just smiled. Yes it has to be unloaded and bullets should be in a factory box .... TSA does not like hand loads ... i put all my hand loads into a factory box and they dont know the difference

GT500 MC
05-30-2012, 02:41 PM
2RLake - Was it a pretty quick process or do you have to plan an extra 30 minutes or so for the proper personnel to go through everything? I'm not even taking any ammunition, just the gun and magazines.

oxberger
05-30-2012, 02:46 PM
never checked a handgun, but have checked rifles and shotguns several times and basically without issue. I've gotten airline agents and a TSA agent who wanted to share their views of guns with me, but i just smiled. Yes it has to be unloaded and bullets should be in a factory box .... TSA does not like hand loads ... i put all my hand loads into a factory box and they dont know the difference

The good ole TSA. Stomping on our rights for 10 years and counting. I've had no experience with flying and carrying. Good luck. That's a tough call. Would it be easier to ship it to where you're going instead of traveling with it?

GT500 MC
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't know. I've looked into shipping too. Can only be from a UPS customer center (of which they are fairly limited due to where I'm headed - rural Michigan), has to be signed for upon receipt by an adult, and I honestly don't know if I'm "authorized to ship firearms" per their regulations. I just don't want to get to the airport and deal with "problems".

pmkkdx
05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I have had several friends that are avid hunters that have checked their rifles when going various places big game hunting. I will see if I can find out anything from them on any of the quirks / process they go thru.

2RLAKE
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
2RLake - Was it a pretty quick process or do you have to plan an extra 30 minutes or so for the proper personnel to go through everything? I'm not even taking any ammunition, just the gun and magazines.

great point ... i'd give it an extra 30 minutes. Also once they have it you can't touch it. I was checking in a double rifle case a few years ago and the agent did not get everything perfectly back in the foam cutouts ... i wanted to help and she made it very clear i can't help and she just shoved everything together ... i spent all that time custom cutting all the foam and she didn't care at all ... everything still shot well ... one shot, one dead elk

nascar
05-31-2012, 05:46 AM
my cc for over 2 years has been an M&P 40c . my round count at the range is unknown but I have never had one problem with it ! I do trust serveral of my others pistols but the M&P always goes where I am allowed to carry .

coz
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I have carried a LCP 380 for a couple years--I might just carry both now!!
Beware criminals---I'm dangerous....:^)7797077971

I was on the fence with the LCP but ended up getting the LC9 since I have other 9's and ammo :D I am a Ruger fan :headbang: