PDA

View Full Version : Non mastercraft trailer for Mastercraft X2 '05?

stu
04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
What non Mastercraft trailers will work with my Mastercraft X2 '05 rpt-1? A single axle is fine. My tandem trailer's axles and brakes need to be replaced and a new trailer would probably cost less. How do I determine if another trailer is compatible?

Thank you.
Stu

ttu
04-18-2012, 02:30 PM
stu, boatmate!!!!!!!! i wish i would had one of those way more than my mc trailer

Cloaked
04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
+ 2 for the Boatmate. I priced a new one last week for my 190. Single axle trailer with the standard options (they don't skrimp on options so most trailers are dressed out as standard) - $3,700 through a distributor in Knoxville. Boatmate does not sell factory direct according to them. Boatmate will know exactly what you need as far as compatibility to your machine.

Folding tongue arm, LEDs, paint, pin stripes, brakes, removable guide poles, winch, etc...

I have a Boatmate now and they are good trailers being well balanced and they tow well.

petermegan
04-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi Stu, Have you actually priced new axles and brakes? Here in Australia you could source new axles and brakes as a unit for 1/4 the price of a new trailer. How trashed is your old one? Just curious. If it has a lot of rust in the chassis it is a whole new ball game.

stu
04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Stu, Have you actually priced new axles and brakes?

Yes I priced it last year and it was exorbitant. Missed most of the summer boating last year b/c no time to fool with trailer. The price, I'm rechecking on it now, but it didn't come to $3,700. Thank you petermegan, cloaked and ttu. I'll get back with the price of new axles and brakes.