PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Help! No Power.

Lakeside09
04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Ok week before last took the boat out for the 3rd time this year everything was perfect. Noticed one of my new leds wasnt on... crap. So after an awesome weekend pulled the boat in the garage... went down there the following Weds to work on that LED... got side tracked and had to leave... but all lights/power were working. Went back down there yesterday evening 5days later and ive got no power to anything at all... horn wont even beep... nothing. So i think maybe i left a switch on or something and ran the batteries down... plugged in my Promariner Prosport 12 let it charge to fully charged. I have the two batteries one boat and the other completely seperate for my two amps.

It may be a breaker issue but would like to hear thoughts... im really puzzled.

RustyMC
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Definitely sounds like a drained battery due to something left of. First thing to do would be to check the voltage at the battery and ensure you've got a good connection at the posts. Then, assuming you've got a dead battery, charge them up. Once it's charged and you're looking for a power drain and it's not obvious, try checking the system with your volt meter at the battery and then going through the breakers one by one to see which circuit has the draw.

RustyMC
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
meant something left 'on' - my apologies.

Jeff d
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Not sure if this is still the behavior on the later models but on my '00 if the kill switch lanyard is pulled it cuts power to all of my dash gauges and accessories. I can still turn the engine over but it won't start obviously.

Lakeside09
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Batteries are fully charged as i hooked them up to the onboard charger... Promariner.

ttu
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
have you checked the main breaker by the engine. i somehow tripped mine a couple years ago.

Lakeside09
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
It was actually a faulty battery... go figure. :o