PDA

View Full Version : Found a few problems with x2 i just bought.

Rsteenson
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Just bought a 2008 x2 this weekend and i found a couple of minor issues with it. #1 I noticed that the vdig wont display the ballast gauges, the tanks are filling (This thing needs some added bags for sure!) but the levels arent displaying on the screen. #2 the ipod jack isnt working, i checked the fuse and its good and my ipod is displaying a little message that says "charging is not supported with this feature" #3 the radio seems to make a bit of a whining noise when the key is in the run position, but not when it is in accessory. Anybody had any of these issues before or have any suggestions??? Im not to technical with audio/video stuff so without a few ideas from you experienced veterans I will most likely just bring it to a car audio place or something. Any help is much appreciated!

davidstan
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
There is a good thread on the audio hissing you are hearing by searching hissing. I fixed mine in a weird way I think. Connected a ground loop isolator to the RCA cables. Knocked out 80% of the hissing then re organized all the wires and ground/RCA cables so power cables were segregated from RCA. After 20 hours of working on it poof like a poltergeist it was gone.

93Prostar190
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
In a2008 you probably have an iPod interface that does not charge some iPods .... My Clarion CMD5 has the iPod interface and it works and charges a iPod classic .... But it works with a nano but does not charge it.

Check the Clarion web site for details on your unit ... My guess is this may help ....

There are different adapters types http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/CLA-CCA-IPOD/Clarion+Apple+iPod+Interface+-+2006+&+Newer+Units.html?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google&gdftrk=gdfV22933_a_7c742_a_7c4604_a_7cCLA_d_CCA_d_ IPOD