PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Input & Freeze Concern

h2oskifreak
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I may be shipping a new to me M.C. accross the country and wonder if I should be concerned about the freeze factor. I recently saw a coment about a "quartz heater", but know nothing about them. Also, any input about shipping would be appreciated. I am sure the prop and shaft would need to stressed to watch as it comes off/on, but what else besides that and weather should I be concerned about? Length of ramp to control the drag factor (input)? The boat would be coming accross the Rocky Mtns. and it is still cold in the high country and maybe other places along the way depending on the day.
Thanks in advance, Freak

Cobra Rob
04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Just have it winterized and shrink wrapped. Should eliminate any concerns??

OHpage21
04-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Agreed. Have a dealer winterize and fill with the block with glycol for extra security in high elevation cold.

OHpage21
04-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Same for ballast lines and pumps.

Miss Rita
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I am sure the prop and shaft would need to stressed to watch as it comes off/on

?

Length of ramp to control the drag factor (input)?

??

h2oskifreak
04-15-2012, 04:26 PM
?

??

The longer the ramp, the lower the "apex" of the arc will be. I know there is a drag protector on tailer, but when it is loaded it could get to the shaft or prop if the ramp is too steep.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
That was my comment about the quartz heater. I dewinterized my boat a few weeks ago and have a quartz heater in the engine compartment for the nights that it dips below freezing. For transport, a simple winterization with RV antifreeze will get the job done.

Ski-me
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
I used U-ship to get it from Carson City, NV to Colorado Springs, CO for about $950 as a reference for you.

What boat did you get and where is it traveling from/to?