PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MC expert to look at boat

Whisky
04-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Been looking for an MC PS 205. Live in the Upper Midwest and am having a tough time finding anything worthwhile.

Would anyone out there be interested in looking at this boat for me? Hate to drive 2000 miles round trip to look at a piece of junk.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/boa/2954628749.html

There would be compensation.

Thank you in advance.

Whisky

mjb100798
04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
That looks to be a rare color combo...just make sure its original and not painted...for that price the interior should be in pretty good shape and the engine checks out to be good...i'd say its a bit on the high side...i have a 97 model that i picked up last year for about 13k, my interior needs to be redone and some trailer work...but just to give you an idea...good luck with it...hard to justify a 2000 mile trip though...

Trojan Fan
04-14-2012, 02:22 AM
That seems like a steep price for a boat that old......?

Jerseydave
04-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Hire a surveyor.....the flaws that he finds will give you great power to negotiate with the seller.
Plus it will give you peace of mind as well.

It's only an "anniversary boat" because it's a '93......otherwise that means nothing in this case.
Pics are small, but I see some gelcoat fading on boat and trailer, plus a Skylon means it was used for wakeboarding....perhaps by some young people who don't have MC OCD like some of us on here. The gelcoat could be factory as they did some "reverse gelcoat" boats back then.
With that said, cleaned and shined up that boat would look sharp.

How many hours?
What engine?
powerslot?

Whisky
04-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Received a short response from the owner via email. Has the corvette engine with 250 hours. That is all I know right now.

How do I go about looking for a surveyor?

Seems like the consensus is that the boat is priced high. If the engine and trans check out and the interior is good, what would be a fair price for the boat?

Thanks again for the help.

Whisky

jason95gt
04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I would have him take it to his nearest MC dealer and have them do an inspection.

barefoot
04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Like Jason said, take it to an MC dealer and have them do a pre-purchase inspection. Cost you a couple hundred bucks. Well worth the money and they will tell everything good and bad about the boat.

keith3613
04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Texas MasterCraft is the nearest dealer. Their website is http://www.texasmastercraft.com/.

jakethebt
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
If that is reverse gel, that is pretty cool. That is the first year for the fuel injected LT1 (corvette) engine. The fuel injection will be much better in the long run than a carb.

mikeg205
04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I would also ask for some good pic's of the interior and engine.... you'll be able to tell how well it was cared for. Price does seem steep for a '93. Also for the trip home I would have the trailer inspected and find out how old the tires are. Any maintenance records.... "short response from seller? hmmm......