PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot boom height?

ZeusCannon
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Hey can anyone help me figure out how to jack the height up so i can get better leverage to do tricks. tired of the standard height. i know some people make custom pieces to make it higher. can anyone help a footer out?

barefoot
04-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Do you have room to lower the boom towards the floor? That will raise it on the water side.

Is it a straight boom or curved?

The other thought is to add A boom extension to give you added leverage

ahhudgins
04-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey can anyone help me figure out how to jack the height up so i can get better leverage to do tricks. tired of the standard height. i know some people make custom pieces to make it higher. can anyone help a footer out?

I've never heard the term "leverage" used when talking about boom height. Sounds more like "cheating" by raising the boom and increasing the rope angle. I'm just giving you a hard time because I only foot behind the boat (average footer) so it's always the "standard height" :D

As already stated, we need to know which boom you have.

ZeusCannon
04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
LOL hudgins, yeah its a straight boom. and yeah i need a boom extension to get out of the spray, but i can still make do. just wanna get some height on it.

ZeusCannon
04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
where in Va are you?

CoFooter
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Lower the boom on the pylon as close to the floor as possible and if that is not high enough put a throw cusion or two between the boom and gunnel.

ahhudgins
04-13-2012, 09:15 PM
where in Va are you?

Lynchburg/Forest area. We ski on Leesville Lake and I'm putting the boat in the water for the first time this weekend. Temps are still getting down in the 30s at night but it's supposed to be in the upper 70s this weekend! I'm guessing the water temps are still in the 50s.

I stay off the boom unless I'm just goofing off after I've taught some teenagers to ski. I felt myself falling one day and thought I could try and land on my side and then tumble back up (something I would have never attempted long line). Ended up in a face plant and injured my shoulder by hanging on to the handle too long. I started off footing behind the boat and I've found that the boom allows me to use bad form....but it is fun!

ZeusCannon
04-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh cool. Yeah I just moved up here to chester Va, right outside of Richmond. I just got my boat up here to take it over to buggs island/ kerr lake on the VA, NC line. Yeah i like to long line, but the boom is just strictly for fun and other people to attempt to ski. thanks

Latin Flyer
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Send me a picture of the boom resting on the boat. I will direct you how to do it. I,ve been custom making raisers for a looooonnnng time.
We,ll take one hour and less than $25. But i need to see it. Or call me during the week, 954-274-2274

ZeusCannon
04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Okay cool. do you get picture messages on your phone I can send you one today?

Latin Flyer
04-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Yep.
Also, This may not look that good, but you can put the orange coast guard life jackets underbthe boom on the gunnel.